lao parties (Read 40293 times)

ozlao
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

lao parties
24th Mar, 2011 at 4:53pm

Hi

i am new to vte and why there is a lack of respect from lao when theey are having parties? Neighbours etc?

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

DIN FAR
Re: lao parties
Reply #1 - 24th Mar, 2011 at 5:35pm

What do you mean? Lao people do not like you?

ozlao wrote on 24th Mar, 2011 at 4:53pm:
Hi

i am new to vte and why there is a lack of respect from lao when theey are having parties? Neighbours etc?

View Profile  
IP Logged

ozlao
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #2 - 25th Mar, 2011 at 12:34am

I mean the excessively loud music to all hours of the night.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #3 - 25th Mar, 2011 at 3:05am

We tend to get annoyed if loud music is played all night. I'm sure most people feel the same way in other countries.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #4 - 25th Mar, 2011 at 5:57am

Hi

Hi, mate.
There's something you should know about your new host country: Beer and partying go hand-in-hand. A mug of Beer Lao in one hand and a microphone in the other! You should stroll down to the vicinity and 'pop in'. Everybody's invited to Lao parties. You may even be peer pressured into performing your own rendition of the latest hit songs. All good fun when under the influence of alchohol (and/or drugs). Something you can reminisce and laugh off the next day you wake-up all hung over. Then do it all over again!

However, if you do reside in laos full time, then I do sympathise. Some of the howling that goes on is akin to a monkeys mating call! No bs.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

LaoguySoCal
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #5 - 25th Mar, 2011 at 6:58am

Larb Dip wrote on 25th Mar, 2011 at 5:57am:
Hi

Hi, mate.
There's something you should know about your new host country: Beer and partying go hand-in-hand. A mug of Beer Lao in one hand and a microphone in the other! You should stroll down to the vicinity and 'pop in'. Everybody's invited to Lao parties. You may even be peer pressured into performing your own rendition of the latest hit songs. All good fun when under the influence of alchohol (and/or drugs). Something you can reminisce and laugh off the next day you wake-up all hung over. Then do it all over again!

However, if you do reside in laos full time, then I do sympathise. Some of the howling that goes on is akin to a monkeys mating call! No bs.

So true

View Profile  
IP Logged

Old Man
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 25th Mar, 2011 at 10:47pm

I do reside here full time, and what is annoying about parties is the LEVEL they set the amplifiers to.  They seem to think that loud in itself is good, the louder the better, and don't seem to notice that levels that are too loud actually distort the sound quality rather than adding to it.

That and the really annoying set up of the mikes and amplifiers which seems to go on for ever.  I hear it wafting right along the river when there's a party:

"Allo.....allo...nung song sam....allo...nung song sam.......(SCREACH!)......Allo...allo...nung song sam....(SCREACH!).....nung song sam.........................(SCREACH!) allo............"

..................and on, and on, and on.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #7 - 26th Mar, 2011 at 3:36am

Quote:

I do reside here full time, and what is annoying about parties is the LEVEL they set the amplifiers to.  They seem to think that loud in itself is good, the louder the better, and don't seem to notice that levels that are too loud actually distort the sound quality rather than adding to it.

That and the really annoying set up of the mikes and amplifiers which seems to go on for ever.  I hear it wafting right along the river when there's a party:

"Allo.....allo...nung song sam....allo...nung song sam.......(SCREACH!)......Allo...allo...nung song sam....(SCREACH!).....nung song sam.........................(SCREACH!) allo............"

..................and on, and on, and on.

Yes, we do love our (Siamese) music. Wink
We have no problems cranking the stereo decibel levels to capacity! It only sounds distorted from a distance. I can assure you that this isn't the case when heard within the confines of the venue.

I'm assuming from your complaint that you're not much of a party-goer yourself.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Old Man
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 26th Mar, 2011 at 11:33pm

Larb Dip wrote on 26th Mar, 2011 at 3:36am:

You're right, but my wife loves parties.  She just held one for local women to celebrate International Women's Day (it's a big day here).  I went to bed before the party really got going, but posted some pictures taken of the early party moments and posted them on a forum I visited.  

One forum member said it looked like a hell of a boring party.  You'll probably think the same.

Have a look.

Early party guests

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/picture.phpalbumid=495&pictureid=4453

Starting up the BBQ

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/picture.phpalbumid=495&pictureid=4458

Neighbours bring their own poultry to the BBQ.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/picture.phpalbumid=495&pictureid=4459

Have to invite the old ladies, too.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/picture.phpalbumid=495&pictureid=4457

Who let the old man in?

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/picture.phpalbumid=495&pictureid=4455

The party guests are having BBQ duck and kao niaw.  My wife is cooking up some steak and baked beans for me.  I love Laos and its people.  The food...................not so much.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/picture.phpalbumid=494&pictureid=4450

I believe the party got quite wild later on.  Lots of ten lam, karaoke, etc.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #9 - 27th Mar, 2011 at 2:53am

Quote:
Larb Dip wrote on 26th Mar, 2011 at 3:36am:

You're right, but my wife loves parties.  She just held one for local women to celebrate International Women's Day (it's a big day here).  I went to bed before the party really got going, but posted some pictures taken of the early party moments and posted them on a forum I visited.  

One forum member said it looked like a hell of a boring party.  You'll probably think the same.

Have a look.

Early party guests

[img]

Starting up the BBQ

[img]

Neighbours bring their own poultry to the BBQ.

[img]

Have to invite the old ladies, too.

[img]

Who let the old man in?

[img]

The party guests are having BBQ duck and kao niaw.  My wife is cooking up some steak and baked beans for me.  I love Laos and its people.  The food...................not so much.

[img]

I believe the party got quite wild later on.  Lots of ten lam, karaoke, etc.

What photo's?
I can't see anything. Maybe I'm blacklisted from that disagreement we had a while back.

Since it's an exclusive Women's party, how many times did their 'mating calls' wake you up? You know the one, shot through their throats with abandon after a joke or two. I think it goes something like this:
ooohhhwwwwwwwwwwwwww heeeuuuwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!
Once that first howls starts, it's completed collectively IN unison! Grin

Baked beans in Laos, of all places? Where do they sell such luxuries? Or do you import? Do your two boy's eat Lao food? Or do they love their baked beans just like their father?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Old Man
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 27th Mar, 2011 at 7:43pm

Larb Dip wrote on 27th Mar, 2011 at 2:53am:
What photo's?
I can't see anything. Maybe I'm blacklisted from that disagreement we had a while back.

Since it's an exclusive Women's party, how many times did their 'mating calls' wake you up? You know the one, shot through their throats with abandon after a joke or two. I think it goes something like this:
ooohhhwwwwwwwwwwwwww heeeuuuwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!
Once that first howls starts, it's completed collectively IN unison! Grin

Baked beans in Laos, of all places? Where do they sell such luxuries? Or do you import? Do your two boy's eat Lao food? Or do they love their baked beans just like their father?

I can see the photos.  What's going on?

Administrator (or anyone): Can you see the photos?

As a Hong Kong waitress once said to me: "Yu Bleeish guys are the wors.......yu only wanna eat food like your Mummy make!"

So I eat a lot of imported food like baked beans.  Trouble is - while its cheap food back home, because it's imported, it's an expensive luxury food here.  Luckily, a Vientiane bakery has just started making pork pies - they're pretty good too!

My boys prefer Lao food.

After all, it's what their Mummy makes.

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #11 - 27th Mar, 2011 at 10:04pm

I can't see the photos either, sorry.

But here are some other photos for everyones viewing pleasure.

lao-party-1.jpg

lao-party-2.jpg

lao-party-3.jpg

lao-party-4.jpg

IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #12 - 27th Mar, 2011 at 10:21pm

Look like a fun party and the food look very good with BeerLao.
Shocked Tongue

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #13 - 27th Mar, 2011 at 11:03pm

When there's a party in Laos, there's always Beerlao. And maybe some dancing.

lao-party-5.jpg

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #14 - 27th Mar, 2011 at 11:40pm

No Larb dip?

What's the occasion? Whay are they so happy?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 29986 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 101055 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 303275 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 148330 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 83660 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 58888 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 84325 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 66831 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 52985 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 47447 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum