Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Noodles are popular in Laos (Read 29495 times)

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Re: Noodles are popular in Laos
Reply #15 - 1st Apr, 2011 at 1:34am

I eat also these noodle all the time. Lap does sound good. They say if you eat little hot food it's good for you. Little bet of Everthing is good and too much of everything is not good. 
Cool

Quote:
[img]

I like the brand in the lower right corner of this picture. They sell them in our local oriental grocery store. Sure they are cheep, but they are tasty, very hot and quick to prepare since we both work most of our waking hours. My wife adds even more chilies. Sweating tea kettle, 55555, very funny. Three alarm fire is more like it. Woo boy! I have found out that, the more hot Lao stuff I eat, the more heat I can tolerate. Never had the "burning sensation associated with the exit transition" you mentioned Dippy Do. Guess that means I am more Lao then you would like to admit.

Grin

Off subject note: Today my wonderful wife made Lap Lao (beef). Wow, it was great! Tomorrow she said she was going to make Lap Ma. I can hardly wait.

Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #16 - 1st Apr, 2011 at 5:15am

Quote:
[img]

Never had the "burning sensation associated with the exit transition" you mentioned Dippy Do. Guess that means I am more Lao then you would like to admit.

Smiley

You have already admitted that you can only hack a meager 4 chillies. Until you give birth to a 'chilli dog', you're not as Lao as you think you are. Ask Keo (or anybody else one this forum) they'll tell you how itchy it gets back there! Wink

Why do you keep provoking me?
I had already let bygones be bygones. You seem to get a thrill out these childish games.
Are you really this annoying in-person?
Does my opinion of you really mean that much to you?

Here's your chance to get a free shot off: I will no longer be responding to you directly or indirectly. You can spread whatever rumours you want. You are more than welcome to deface the image of Larb Dip.

I couldn't care less Wink

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 1st Apr, 2011 at 7:57am

Cry

Woe is you. Get over it. You are not the victim here, anyone can go back in the history and see who attacked who first. True I should have been the better man and let it slide, yet I let less than better judgement get the better of me and I defended myself.

Cry me a river, Larb. You'll not have me regretting my words. It is you who needs to do some soul-searching. You don't hear me disrespecting my heritage. That is your department, you own that patent.

Another thing Dip, you don't fool anyone on this forum any longer, we can see the REAL YOU. As the song says, "your true colors come shining through."

IP Logged

OMD
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #18 - 1st Apr, 2011 at 9:10pm

I can eat pho noodles anytime of day.  As for the traditional rice noodle"kau poun" I don't really like the after taste.  Do any of you feel the same.  It's probably just me. Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #19 - 2nd Apr, 2011 at 1:21am

"kou boun" is good too. And very good with "tum mak houng". 
Tongue

View Profile  
IP Logged

LaoguySoCal

I Love Laos!

Reply #20 - 2nd Apr, 2011 at 7:05am

OMD wrote on 1st Apr, 2011 at 9:10pm:
I can eat pho noodles anytime of day.  As for the traditional rice noodle"kau poun" I don't really like the after taste.  Do any of you feel the same.  It's probably just me. Smiley  

Agree Jackspade, I like Pho more than "Kao Poun" once in awhile it's okey with "Kao Poun"

View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #21 - 2nd Apr, 2011 at 11:12am

llX wrote on 2nd Apr, 2011 at 1:21am:
"kou boun" is good too. And very good with "tum mak houng".  
Tongue

Papaya salad with noodles added with it is really not for me.  SmileyI like my papaya salad by itself or mixed with carrots.  The only time the noodle is good for is salad wrap "pun".

View Profile  
IP Logged

ChristianBachelor
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 2nd Apr, 2011 at 11:15am

Larb Dip wrote on 29th Mar, 2011 at 9:24pm:
That's why I need to be in Laos. You can live like a king!

In Chiang Mai I go to the Empress Lunch Buffet for 190 baht (about $4.50 usd).  2 bucks for noodles is expensive!

IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #23 - 2nd Apr, 2011 at 11:23am

Quote:
Larb Dip wrote on 29th Mar, 2011 at 9:24pm:
That's why I need to be in Laos. You can live like a king!

In Chiang Mai I go to the Empress Lunch Buffet for 190 baht (about $4.50 usd).  2 bucks for noodles is expensive!

That is pretty cheap compare to $10-15 buffet.  As for a bowl of noodles it's about $6-7 in the states, so $2 is not that bad.

View Profile  
IP Logged

longhang

Reply #24 - 2nd Apr, 2011 at 4:54pm

2 bucks for pho bowl? no way yo thats too much, 1.50 cents ok? or 1.75? hey i like to bargain hahahaha money is money i'm sure they will take the 1.75 u.s money.

View Profile  
IP Logged

JSEA

I Love Laos!

Bangkok
Reply #25 - 2nd Apr, 2011 at 5:01pm

What cracks me up is paying 6-8 USD for "papaya salad", or pad see eew. Khao neiow...1-2 USD when it should only be 25 cents.

Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

longhang

Reply #26 - 2nd Apr, 2011 at 5:13pm

JSEA wrote on 2nd Apr, 2011 at 5:01pm:
What cracks me up is paying 6-8 USD for "papaya salad", or pad see eew. Khao neiow...1-2 USD when it should only be 25 cents.

Cheesy
exactly, the foreigners or like you and me who visit laos or thailand get charge as much as if we still in america so if you got to pay full price your getting played!

View Profile  
IP Logged

JSEA

I Love Laos!

Bangkok
Reply #27 - 2nd Apr, 2011 at 5:34pm

Naw, Laos is pretty straightforward about that stuff. Maybe if you go to a fancy restaurant they'll overcharge. I just eat at the street vendors though, cheaper, and tastier usually.

View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #28 - 2nd Apr, 2011 at 7:21pm

JSEA wrote on 2nd Apr, 2011 at 5:34pm:
Naw, Laos is pretty straightforward about that stuff. Maybe if you go to a fancy restaurant they'll overcharge. I just eat at the street vendors though, cheaper, and tastier usually.

You are absolutely right street vendors are usually better, however, you gotta be careful on what you eat.  Food from vendors are usually not that clean and not safe (temperature zone).

View Profile  
IP Logged

JSEA

I Love Laos!

Bangkok
Reply #29 - 2nd Apr, 2011 at 7:41pm

Indeed. First time I got sick was from eating larb neua, or larb mu, can't remember which. It was definitely undercooked a bit. I stick to larb gai now, they seem to cook it more thoroughly (maybe because of H1N1?).

The one thing I've noticed in Thailand is that the curry the street vendors sells sucks. It's very watered down. Better to pay a bit more in a real restaurant and get some good curry.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 14173 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 93469 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 296651 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 143072 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 78975 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 54963 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 80813 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 63744 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 50454 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 45333 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum