Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My Wife's Cousin (Read 16188 times)

William Kelley
Ex Member

My Wife's Cousin
30th Mar, 2011 at 7:17am

Funny story. My wife and I were watching and listening to some You Tube videos the other night, like we do often. Many times she tells me she knows this person or that person from the music videos or pictures of Vientiane that I click on. Anyway, the other night, I typed "classic Lao song" in the search window of You Tube, and clicked on a video.

A couple of seconds later, my wife said, "Honey, that is my cousin. It is my mother's, brother's grand-daughter." I think I said something like, "What?" We still sometimes lose each other in translation. 555 Anyway, to make a long story short, the girl is the second cousin to my wife's children. I'm not sure what cousin that makes her to my wife. Maybe 2nd cousin once removed. I never understood that "removed" part of relationship. So I will not try to figure it out now.

video---->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvbkm4I1GiU

Enjoy the video! BTW, she is now married and semi-retired I believe.

150345_113024258764604_100001710917826_74379_3225436_n.jpg
Mittaphone Vilahack

IP Logged

Old Man
Ex Member

Re: My Wife's Cousin
Reply #1 - 30th Mar, 2011 at 9:48pm

Nice girl and song.

Thanks for posting it.

It's had a lot of views on YouTube, hasn't it?.

How do you insert videos?  Is that done using the 'Media' button?

IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 31st Mar, 2011 at 4:28am

I just linked it using the insert hyperlink button (the first one, the one with the globe). As for inserting a video directly, I have no idea.

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #3 - 31st Mar, 2011 at 5:43am

You can link to a video, or you can embed a video to the forum, and it's very easy to do so. Below is an example of how it is done by using the media button.

how-to-insert-video.jpg

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Old Man
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 31st Mar, 2011 at 8:58pm

Thanks Admin.  I'll try it here.

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #5 - 31st Mar, 2011 at 9:11pm

The Lao word for temple isn't "What", it's "Vat", so if foreigners are going to do a documentary on Laos, please get it right before educating people the wrong way. And she's using Thai language to greet in a documentary on "Laos".

IP Logged

Old Man
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 31st Mar, 2011 at 10:00pm

She also said she was on a 'longtail boat' when what she was on was like this:

lao-boat-1.jpg

I'm not sure what the English name for that kind of boat is but, my understanding is a Lao 'longtail boat' is this:

lao-boat-2.jpg

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #7 - 31st Mar, 2011 at 10:23pm

Yes, the obvious mistakes in western documentaries also reflects on the mistakes in western media about Laos.

Some of the things the media write or say about Laos isn't true.

IP Logged

Old Man
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 31st Mar, 2011 at 10:54pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 31st Mar, 2011 at 10:23pm:
Yes, the obvious mistakes in western documentaries also reflects on the mistakes in western media about Laos.

Some of the things the media write or say about Laos isn't true.

Some of the things Lao expats (living outside of Laos) say here are also not true.

I spend a lot of time online correcting western views of Laos.  So many people think Laos is a cruel repressive place run by evil old men, where nobody can own property, nobody can own a business, nobody can choose what work they want to do, etc. etc. and where people are routinely carted off by the authorities to be tortured and break rocks in a concentration camp for the slightest infringement.

It's not true!

IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #9 - 31st Mar, 2011 at 11:23pm

I think some people mistake Laos for Cuba or North Korea.
Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #10 - 31st Mar, 2011 at 11:25pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 31st Mar, 2011 at 5:43am:
You can link to a video, or you can embed a video to the forum, and it's very easy to do so. Below is an example of how it is done by using the media button.

[img]

Thank Admins. How about posting a picture? I still don't know how to do it. Let say you want to copy and paste picture on LP forum.
Shocked

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #11 - 31st Mar, 2011 at 11:28pm

Nice song and VDO. She's very pretty.
Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

BorLeumBanGerd
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #12 - 31st Mar, 2011 at 11:54pm

Quote:
Funny story. My wife and I were watching and listening to some You Tube videos the other night, like we do often. Many times she tells me she knows this person or that person from the music videos or pictures of Vientiane that I click on. Anyway, the other night, I typed "classic Lao song" in the search window of You Tube, and clicked on a video.

A couple of seconds later, my wife said, "Honey, that is my cousin. It is my mother's, brother's grand-daughter." I think I said something like, "What?" We still sometimes lose each other in translation. 555 Anyway, to make a long story short, the girl is the second cousin to my wife's children. I'm not sure what cousin that makes her to my wife. Maybe 2nd cousin once removed. I never understood that "removed" part of relationship. So I will not try to figure it out now.

video---->

[img]
Mittaphone Vilahack

The girl in the picture doesn't look like the one in the video?? Are you saying Mittaphone is the girl in the video??

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #13 - 1st Apr, 2011 at 4:36am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 31st Mar, 2011 at 5:43am:

[img]

How do I only quote excerpts rather than statements as a whole?
I see Old Man do it all the time.

Maybe I should ask him. Old Man?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 1st Apr, 2011 at 7:40am

BorLeumBanGerd wrote on 31st Mar, 2011 at 11:54pm:
Quote:

video---->

[img]
Mittaphone Vilahack

The girl in the picture doesn't look like the one in the video?? Are you saying Mittaphone is the girl in the video??

The video, I understand was made 4 or 5 years ago. She has since married and has children. She was 16 years old in the video. I think she is 21 in the photo. People change. God knows, raising a family will age you. I know.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 14141 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 93456 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 296641 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 143064 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 78968 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 54957 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 80805 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 63731 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 50448 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 45329 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum