Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Noodles are popular in Laos (Read 29448 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Noodles are popular in Laos
28th Mar, 2011 at 6:53am

fur-rice-noodle-1.jpg

fur-rice-noodle-2.jpg

You wouldn't come across many people in Laos who doesn't like to eat Vietnamese rice noodles, or "fur" as we call it in Lao language. Simple noodle restaurants are plentiful throughout the country, and they are often jam packed with locals during lunch time.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Re: Noodles are popular in Laos
Reply #1 - 28th Mar, 2011 at 9:59pm

Fur is real nice too. One of my favourites as well. But nowhere near as good as larb dip. Na-ahh!

How much for a bowl these days? Aren't there fur stores everywhere in Vientiane? This is way much better than those cheap noodles thhey sell in packets. MA-MA.

Why do all the Lao guys (in Laos) like to eat their fur BURNING hot? They literally had to mop the condensation off their faces. They must really like that sweating tea kettle look. Maybe they enjoy that burning sensation associated with the exit transition. I CERTAINLY don't!

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #2 - 28th Mar, 2011 at 10:18pm

Its nice to have some pho when its cold and snow outside. Lao and Viet pho are very good. A nice bowl of pho with everything on it cost about $7 in the US. I like mine with some pepper but not too hot.
Tongue  

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #3 - 29th Mar, 2011 at 12:35am

I think I will have this for dinner tonight.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #4 - 29th Mar, 2011 at 12:37am

A bowl costs around $1 - $2 US, depending on the restaurant. There's too many of them in Vientiane.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #5 - 29th Mar, 2011 at 3:59am

$1-$2 for a bowl of pho wow good deal.
Tongue

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #6 - 29th Mar, 2011 at 9:24pm

That's why I need to be in Laos. You can live like a king!

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

LaoguySoCal
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #7 - 29th Mar, 2011 at 10:01pm

oh yeah Pho! Love it....so many good Vietnamese Pho restaurants in Cali. Love special one. I believe it calls pho dac biet or something  Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #8 - 29th Mar, 2011 at 10:07pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 29th Mar, 2011 at 12:37am:
A bowl costs around $1 - $2 US, depending on the restaurant. There's too many of them in Vientiane.

Who makes all the money feeding the hungry public? Lao or Viet?

Don't the Viet's get pissed off if when Lao sell their foods?
It always disturbs me when the Siamese pass off Lao food as their own in their restaurants. Angry

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 30th Mar, 2011 at 5:49am

mama-instant-noodle-soup-thailand.jpg

I like the brand in the lower right corner of this picture. They sell them in our local oriental grocery store. Sure they are cheep, but they are tasty, very hot and quick to prepare since we both work most of our waking hours. My wife adds even more chilies. Sweating tea kettle, 55555, very funny. Three alarm fire is more like it. Woo boy! I have found out that, the more hot Lao stuff I eat, the more heat I can tolerate. Never had the "burning sensation associated with the exit transition" you mentioned Dippy Do. Guess that means I am more Lao then you would like to admit.

Grin

Off subject note: Today my wonderful wife made Lap Lao (beef). Wow, it was great! Tomorrow she said she was going to make Lap Ma. I can hardly wait.

Smiley

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #10 - 30th Mar, 2011 at 7:40am

Larb Dip, I'm sure the Vietnamese doesn't care because Laotians never claimed "fur" as our national dish. Sometimes we even compliment the Vietnamese that their foods are delicious. Whereas Thais claim Lao food as their national dish, and that's the difference.

William, Did you say your wife will make "Larp Ma" as in "dog meat salad"?

IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 30th Mar, 2011 at 6:00pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 30th Mar, 2011 at 7:40am:
Larb Dip, I'm sure the Vietnamese doesn't care because Laotians never claimed "fur" as our national dish. Sometimes we even compliment the Vietnamese that their foods are delicious. Whereas Thais claim Lao food as their national dish, and that's the difference.

William, Did you say your wife will make "Larp Ma" as in "dog meat salad"?

Oh my! I should not post while I am tired. I did not mean Ma (dog) I meant to type Ba (fish).  Lap Ba. This Lao Kindergartner should read his post before he presses the POST button. 55555

IP Logged

LaoguySoCal
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #12 - 30th Mar, 2011 at 11:55pm

Quote:
Admin Saovaluck wrote on 30th Mar, 2011 at 7:40am:

William, Did you say your wife will make "Larp
Pa
" as in "dog meat salad"?

Oh my! I should not post while I am tired. I did not mean Ma (dog) I meant to type Ba (fish).  Lap Ba. This Lao Kindergartner should read his post before he presses the POST button. 55555

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #13 - 31st Mar, 2011 at 1:47am

I'm sure your wife is a good cook.

The thing about Lao language is that small spelling errors can mean other things. I've had to be corrected on rare occasions too, usually when I'm tired.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #14 - 1st Apr, 2011 at 1:30am

I like Lao pho, Lao food better. Laos and Lao Isan food are the same. I don't think Viet can get mad at Lao, they're immigrant in Laos.
Shocked

Larb Dip wrote on 29th Mar, 2011 at 10:07pm:
Admin Saovaluck wrote on 29th Mar, 2011 at 12:37am:

Who makes all the money feeding the hungry public? Lao or Viet?

Don't the Viet's get pissed off if when Lao sell their foods?
It always disturbs me when the Siamese pass off Lao food as their own in their restaurants. Angry

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 5496 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 89037 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 292816 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 140065 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 76304 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 52750 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 78764 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 61971 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 49047 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 44080 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum