Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pictures of Dorothy locked up in Witch's Castle (Read 42688 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Pictures of Dorothy locked up in Witch's Castle
4th May, 2011 at 9:35am

The Wicked Witch of the West puts Dorothy's dog, Toto in a basket and demands that Dorothy give her the ruby slippers. Dorothy says the Good Witch told her not. The Witch tells Nikko, the leader of the Flying Monkeys to throw the basket with Toto in the river and drown him. Dorothy relents but when the Witch tries to take them off Dorothy, sparks fly off them.

Dorothy says she didn't do it and asks for her dog. The Witch says no and says that as long as Dorothy is alive the slippers will not come off. She turns her hourglass and threatens that Dorothy will die when it runs out. 

Meanwhile, Toto jumps out of the basket and escapes and run for help. The Witch locks Dorothy in a room in the tower where she sees the worried face of Auntie Em calling out for her. Her face then changes into the Witch's and the Witch says "I'll give you Auntie Em, my pretty."

dorothy-locked-in-a-room-in-the-witchs-castle-1.jpg

dorothy-locked-in-a-room-in-the-witchs-castle-2.jpg

dorothy-locked-in-a-room-in-the-witchs-castle-3.jpg

dorothy-locked-in-a-room-in-the-witchs-castle-4.jpg

dorothy-locked-in-a-room-in-the-witchs-castle-5.jpg

dorothy-locked-in-a-room-in-the-witchs-castle-6.jpg

dorothy-locked-in-a-room-in-the-witchs-castle-7.jpg

dorothy-locked-in-a-room-in-the-witchs-castle-8.jpg

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Re: Pictures of Dorothy locked up in Witch's Castle
Reply #1 - 4th Apr, 2013 at 12:40am

That was (and still is) one scary character.  Man I got nightmare of this witch after watching the Oz movie when I was 8 Laugh

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #2 - 4th Apr, 2013 at 6:35am

Her horrible-looking green skin color makes her very scary.

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #3 - 4th Apr, 2013 at 8:52pm

To me it's the way she acted out the character.  Being at that age and arriving in US for a month or so and I was thinking that this country is full of scary people Grin.  I would like to go back to the jungle please Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #4 - 5th Apr, 2013 at 6:19am

She is a very good actress, Margaret Hamilton.

Margaret Hamilton as The Wicked Witch of the West

Margaret Hamilton as The Wicked Witch of the West

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #5 - 5th Apr, 2013 at 8:21pm

Eeeeeewwwwww!
Thanks a lot I am going to have a nightmare again Smiley

Hey no 'scary' icon?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #6 - 6th Apr, 2013 at 6:14am

She is every kid's worst nightmare. I used to hate her so much but as I got older I began to appreciate her talent.

She was shocked when MGM asked her to play The Wicked Witch but she did a great job. She definitely knows how to frighten children and adults alike.

There probably are scary icons but we haven't added them to the forum.

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #7 - 6th Apr, 2013 at 6:25pm

I agree she is very talented actress in the OZ movie.  Curious, what other movie was she in?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #8 - 6th Apr, 2013 at 10:45pm

She was in a fair bit, more than Judy Garland.

Promotional photo of Judy Garland and Margaret Hamilton

Judy Garland as Dorothy and Margaret Hamilton as The Wicked Witch in The Wizard of Oz

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #9 - 9th Apr, 2013 at 9:02pm

Do you prefer colour or black and white Wizard of Oz?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #10 - 10th Apr, 2013 at 6:18am

The Wizard of Oz was shot in both.

The Kansas scenes was shot in sepia tone, and the Oz scenes is in colour. Both look nice but I love the colour in Oz.

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #11 - 11th Apr, 2013 at 12:40am

To me the non-colour Oz seems more appropriate to relate to this period.  Also, I did not know that they filmed in colours as well in 1939.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #12 - 11th Apr, 2013 at 6:49am

Well, you can see the images of Judy Garland as Dorothy and the Witch in colour.

MGM were very clever in those days with the color film processes. Gone with the Wind was another popular colour film. People didn't have colour television like we have today, if they wanted to watch a colour movie they had to go to a cinema.

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #13 - 28th Apr, 2013 at 7:15pm

Water did it for the Witch!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 68351 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 245606 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 130917 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 67120 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 45851 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 72417 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 56097 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 44253 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 39955 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33195 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum