Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Vang Vieng, Laos land of opportunity (Read 56685 times)

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Re: Vang Vieng, Laos land of opportunity
Reply #30 - 18th May, 2011 at 9:41pm

Lao Lan Xang has the largest empire in southeast Asia. During the time of king Fa Ngum the great. Lan Xang has won many war against Siam, Burmese and Annam. Our downfall is when Lao start to fight among ourself and spread into three kingdom. Lao loss the war and Isan to Thailand in 1906 because Thailand has gun and European war advisor. " Long live Lan Xang."
Cool

Want Laos To Be Independence wrote on 18th May, 2011 at 6:07am:
I am talking about Laos. I knew about Thailand.
We(Laos)do not need to follow the Thailand style way of live. We Khonlao should be better than them, very small population in hug land and most of us are smart but why smart in wrong way.

one thing I had learn about our ppl is to easy of every thing in life. Called: Easy people. Don't care. Don't give a damn, is in our blood.

Sex,Drug and Corruption was a major problem in Thailand since the beginning of Siam. Brother killed Brother for thron. History repeated itself all the times.

Our history was suck.......let me ask When did the Lao won the war with the neighbors? Never. Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam,Burma and do not mention about China...

Comparing to the neighbors we are just a little Baby.

I had seen it all and live to this day.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Want Laos To Be Independence
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Reply #31 - 20th May, 2011 at 1:03am

Chao Fa Ngum disappearanced without trace. And Laos had 3 heads, each head like to bite each other for power. 3 heads represented for North(Luangprabang), central(Vientiane) and South(Chumpasack).
Today 3 heads are representing for Jex,Keow,Lao = 6.5 mil

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Reply #32 - 20th May, 2011 at 4:34am

King Fa Ngum the great was exile and spend the rest of his life in Lanna (Chaing Mai). You have a point about three head biting each other. There were no unity, everybody was for themselves, that's one of our downfall.
Cool

Want Laos To Be Independence wrote on 20th May, 2011 at 1:03am:
Chao Fa Ngum disappearanced without trace. And Laos had 3 heads, each head like to bite each other for power. 3 heads represented for North(Luangprabang), central(Vientiane) and South(Chumpasack).
Today 3 heads are representing for Jex,Keow,Lao = 6.5 mil

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #33 - 20th May, 2011 at 12:16pm

Now is the time to unite Wink!

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #34 - 20th May, 2011 at 3:28pm

Agreed. War and conflict been over its time of peace and moving forward. Lao nai Lao nork need to united and help Laos development anyway they can.
Wink

PEACE wrote on 20th May, 2011 at 12:16pm:
Now is the time to unite Wink!

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #35 - 20th May, 2011 at 5:44pm

Just like BLOOD ON BLOOD!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #36 - 20th May, 2011 at 10:37pm

PEACE wrote on 20th May, 2011 at 5:44pm:

What does this mean man?

It sounds like something one of those LA street gang mottos. Grin

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #37 - 21st May, 2011 at 3:44am

It's about Brothers together as ONE and friendship forever until the end of time Wink.  Give it a listen if you have not heard of the song:

Larb Dip wrote on 20th May, 2011 at 10:37pm:

What does this mean man?

It sounds like something one of those LA street gang mottos. Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #38 - 21st May, 2011 at 4:24am

PEACE wrote on 21st May, 2011 at 3:44am:
It's about Brothers together as ONE and friendship forever until the end of time Wink.  Give it a listen if you have not heard of the song:

http://youtu.be/jyaKluvnhE4

Is this your type of music? This is your favourite track, right?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #39 - 21st May, 2011 at 8:08pm

Definitely one of my favorite tracks.  Anything 80's Metal (so called hairband) like Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Cinderella, Dokken, Winger, Warrant, Motley Cruel, Damn Yankees and Honeymoon Suite to name a few....  What about you? What's your music type?

Larb Dip wrote on 21st May, 2011 at 4:24am:
PEACE wrote on 21st May, 2011 at 3:44am:
It's about Brothers together as ONE and friendship forever until the end of time Wink.  Give it a listen if you have not heard of the song:

http://youtu.be/jyaKluvnhE4

Is this your type of music? This is your favourite track, right?

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #40 - 21st May, 2011 at 10:27pm

Family feud and rivalry is a problem. Lao help Viet fighting Lao, Lao help Thai fighting Lao. What we need is unity and help each other out and look after our own people first.  
Smiley

« Last Edit: 21st May, 2011 at 11:58pm by llX »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #41 - 21st May, 2011 at 10:51pm

PEACE wrote on 21st May, 2011 at 8:08pm:
Definitely one of my favorite tracks.  Anything 80's Metal (so called hairband) like Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Cinderella, Dokken, Winger, Warrant, Motley Cruel, Damn Yankees and Honeymoon Suite to name a few....  What about you? What's your music type?

I already answered that one bro. Here have a look:

http://www.laopride.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1304914921/0

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #42 - 22nd May, 2011 at 3:38am

I see all Lao and Issan music.  No english speaking artist from New Zealand?  My favourite New Zealand band is Crowded House.  Have you heard of them?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #43 - 22nd May, 2011 at 6:10am

PEACE wrote on 22nd May, 2011 at 3:38am:
I see all Lao and Issan music.  No english speaking artist from New Zealand?  My favourite New Zealand band is Crowded House.  Have you heard of them?

http://youtu.be/J9gKyRmic20

All those Siamese/Isaan songs are Laos LXE's tracks.

Everybody knows Crowded House. They are NZs favourite sons (unofficially). Two of their biggest ballads are: 'Better be home soon' and 'Fall at your feet' AND the song you just posted. Those songs are always covered. I'm surprised you know about them. Grin

Alright, since you asked for it, here's a 'english' song from NZ. Old school Kiwi rap. I grew up not far from where most of this video was shot, but have sinced relocated to a more affluent area. I always get nostalgic whenever I see this. I feel like crying. No BS!. Cry Cry CryThis is what you guys in the US call 'ghetto'.

Enjoy:

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #44 - 22nd May, 2011 at 7:17am

I didn't know NZ have ghetto too.
Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 15171 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 93976 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 297081 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 143387 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 79245 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 55206 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 81025 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 63938 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 50598 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 45457 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum