Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Chicken feet in noodle soup (Read 17924 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Chicken feet in noodle soup
9th Nov, 2011 at 9:34am

Chicken feet is not a common ingredient in soups when dining in a noodle restaurant in Laos, but it definately goes along well with it.

Chicken feet in noodle soup

« Last Edit: 8th Jan, 2013 at 6:09pm by Admin Saovaluck »  
View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

hankido
Ex Member

Re: Chicken feet in noodle soup
Reply #1 - 9th Nov, 2011 at 5:39pm

I'm sure it's tasty, but I'll have to pass.  Smiley

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #2 - 10th Nov, 2011 at 12:06am

If you have to pass then that means it doesn't look as tasty as you say.

I'll have to pass too. There are too many things going on in that dish, I prefer it simple when having noodles.

IP Logged

hankido
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10th Nov, 2011 at 12:55am

OK, I'll admit. That soup is way too sophisticated for me. I'm OK with the blood though.

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #4 - 10th Nov, 2011 at 4:24am

The brown chunk of blood you are referring to is called a "tofu".

It can be healthy for you, but it's cheaper than meat. That's why in Lao restaurants, the chef tends to add a lot of blood tofu into a soup based dish.

IP Logged

hankido
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10th Nov, 2011 at 4:31am

I down with the blood. I stayed in Korea for awhile and they use a lot of it in their cuisine as well.

What the name of this soup?

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #6 - 10th Nov, 2011 at 4:44am

In Lao language, the noodle is called "mee".

IP Logged

hankido
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 10th Nov, 2011 at 11:34pm

Well I'm coming to Vientaine next month for the holidays. Perhaps you can hook me up with a bowl.  Smiley

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #8 - 11th Nov, 2011 at 3:45am

You can hook yourself up with a bowl, there are noodle restaurants left, right and centre, and the food is affordable.

IP Logged

hankido
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 11th Nov, 2011 at 9:46am

I mean hook me up with a restaurant recommendation.

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #10 - 11th Nov, 2011 at 10:51am

They're all the same, there's no stand out noodle restaurants, for me anyway.

Third floor of the Morning Market have a variety of foods in the food court. Sometimes I order cooked take away foods but there are tables and chairs to eat in as well.

IP Logged

hankido
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 11th Nov, 2011 at 12:11pm

I'll have to agree with you. I've tried many noodle restaurants during my last trip and they were pretty much all the same. Nothing too special or too awful. The only restaurant that I didn't care for was a North Korean place called Pyongyang.

IP Logged

LaoguySoCal
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #12 - 24th Nov, 2011 at 9:21am

Quote:
I'll have to agree with you. I've tried many noodle restaurants during my last trip and they were pretty much all the same. Nothing too special or too awful. The only restaurant that I didn't care for was a North Korean place called Pyongyang.
Grin Grin Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

hankido
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 24th Nov, 2011 at 11:29am

I swear. It was absolutely awful, plus the waitress kept giving me the evil eye knowing that I was from America.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #14 - 3rd Dec, 2011 at 11:53pm

Look good, but I'm not a big fan of chicken feet. Maybe grill instead of soups.
Tongue Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 16027 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 94439 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 297481 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 143715 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 79531 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 55423 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 81232 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 64114 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 50766 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 45605 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum