Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Please help with this translation :)) thank you so much (Read 15555 times)

intricate1
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Please help with this translation :)) thank you so much
12th Aug, 2012 at 6:02am

Lao Translation help please What does Koiy y huk jao der mean? and bor me pien ek mean?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Re: Please help with this translation :)) thank you so much
Reply #1 - 13th Aug, 2012 at 5:52am

It means "you are an idiot for trusting me".

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

intricate1
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #2 - 14th Aug, 2012 at 4:54am

Buk Hoo Kee wrote on 13th Aug, 2012 at 5:52am:
It means "you are an idiot for trusting me".

Does it really mean that? I know the first part means I love you? Can you please help me with this question? Just so I know what I can do, be with her or move on Huh

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Reply #3 - 14th Aug, 2012 at 9:04am

99% of these girls will talk sweet to you while you are there with them, they will tell you what you want to hear, that's how to survive for them $. When you are gone, they will say the exact same thing to the next guy, and trust me, there is always another guy. Don't think you're the only one, this is coming from all the girls I have talked with in Laos cause I asked them straight up, and I never dated or messed with any of them so they told me I'm smarter than the idiots who come thinking they are special and found "love". They all told me that I was better off finding a girl back in North America cause they know themselves that they wouldn't be loyal when the guy goes back to his home country promising to come back for her after. In Laos, talk is dirt cheap, even talking on the phone means nothing, you got to be there or you don't exist to them, that's how it works there. They see what they can eat that day, worry about tommorow when it gets here. If you not here today, you won't know so they won't tell. You think it's easy to be a player and screw around in western countries, think again. When I was in Laos it was easy to talk with ANY girl there. It's still a mans world in these places and it's like taking candy from a baby. I even had a few stalkers that kept calling me, even wanting my number and address back in the US. I was like hell no, I just want to enjoy my time there and not get into 'trouble'. Mothers even offering their daughters to me, but I was like no thanks, I'm not into that. Kind of tells me something about their integrity but I guess I can't blame them, look at how poor it is there, they just want to have a better life anyway they can, even if it means baiting the next guy that wants to marry them. Just don't expect a virgin and you'll be fine I guess.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

intricate1
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #4 - 14th Aug, 2012 at 1:27pm

Thank you so much for your input. I don't know much about the Lao people. I dated a Lao girl for 2 months in the united states. Her life does not seem normal by any means. She is always busy because she works for the family she lives with, she claims it's her cousins but I dont have any evidence since she always hid me from them. I do have strong feelings for her but then we are completely used to different standards of freedom. So how was your stay there and what made you go there if you dont mind sharing Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #5 - 15th Aug, 2012 at 3:59am

Buk Hoo Kee is right that you have to be in Laos, or you don't exist to us. I'm not just talking about girls in specific, but relatives too. You don't exist to no one in Laos, we don't think about you as much as when you're actually with us in person. This is information for all of our visitors.

You can talk on the phone or internet all day, but all of this "I love you" Lao karaoke nonsense doesn't mean anything. Sweet talk is cheap. The most important thing is to learn about your girlfriends history, and family history too if you could. The best way to do that is to get the details from other people who know them because people will only mention positive things about themselves. Good luck.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee

Laos
Reply #6 - 15th Aug, 2012 at 11:19pm

Tell tale sign that she won't let you meet her family. Reasons for that could be; her family wouldn't approve of you, she isn't ready to commit to you so she doesn't want anyone to know for fear of embarrassment, and if she is just using you for whatever reason and doesn't want anyone to know, especially prospective boyfriends. Either way, it does not give you any respect and I would not like to be in that predicament but 2 months is really not long and she probably just thinks it's "dating". Many of these girls are just a flirt though and they will say anything to anyone.
We here in the west tend to think that we are smarter but these girls know how to play the game even if they pretend to play dumb, it will be your own fault if you get played cause remember, life is just a game and we are all just players.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

intricate1
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #7 - 28th Aug, 2012 at 10:51am

So she told me this after she dumped me with the excuse of not having enough time. She is a full time student and works for her cousins family she stays with. Left me perplexed about the situation and I can't figure out how she went from saying I love you to not have enough time. Anyways someone who swings emotionally like that and has this idea of what love is, I don't need in my life anyways. She did not have much time since she could never leave the hous for leisure with boys and had to keep me a secret but I know someone who loves another would do anything to see that person. Lessons learned for next time someone tells me they love me, I will look at them and say I can't ever love you because love has a different meaning to everybody and I will never know truly that you love me lol Cheesy Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 15556 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 94196 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 297255 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 143549 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 79366 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 55305 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 81122 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 64017 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 50670 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 45503 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum