Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Iphone 5, Galaxy Siii where to buy mobile phones in Laos (Read 27354 times)

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Iphone 5, Galaxy Siii where to buy mobile phones in Laos
26th Nov, 2012 at 11:42am

Okay so I see people who have these latest phones in Laos and I'm wondering where they sell them, what store or shop in which mall or plaza? Do they go to Thailand to get them instead?
Which do you see more of, iphone 5 or galaxy siii? Which is more popular in Laos? I'm assuming iphone 5 cause it's a fashion statment but the galaxy siii is the better phone over all. Siii you can change batteries, add more memory, customize the software, more color choices and it's a better price. I've owned an iphone 4 and 4S but I don't think I'll get the iphone 5 cause I'm dissapointed. Nothing really new in design or features or anything, just another overpriced phone. When iphone 6 comes out in less than a year, the 5 will look like a really dumb purchase. I'm a little tired of upgrading every year and then waiting for the jailbreak. This year I'm going to try the galaxy siii.

Anyways, I was wondering if there was a Thai/Laos website that can give me the latest prices on these phones.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: Iphone 5, Galaxy Siii where to buy mobile phones in Laos
Reply #1 - 27th Nov, 2012 at 10:12am

I'm not into iPhones, nor do I want one even if it was given to me for free. You're right though, they are a fashion statement.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #2 - 27th Nov, 2012 at 12:54pm

I think Iphone is better than Galaxy anything. You need a very big palm to hold Galaxy anything.  I am still happy with my apple anything.  If you have a very good wifi condition, Iphone is a good deal. If not, use pc to download with apple ID, very fast. Make a credit card, no need to do Prison Break.  Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Reply #3 - 28th Nov, 2012 at 11:42am

Okay Admin, what phone do you use then? Don't tell me you don't have one, everyone in Laos has one, even the monks. I wasn't into phones until they developed smart phones that connect to the internet using wifi, now it's become more than just a phone to make calls. I use it for many purposes, stock market, weather, gps, social media, skype, banking, youtube, and sometimes games. It provides me with a lot of info such as news so it keeps me up to date with what's going on in the world. I have wifi at home and work so don't need a data plan, just unlock the phone.
Hey admin, I'll give you my iphone 4S, would you take it? haha...

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #4 - 28th Nov, 2012 at 4:21pm

I don't like to use the internet on phones because the small screens are bad for your eyes.

IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee

Laos
Reply #5 - 29th Nov, 2012 at 6:42am

Admin you are a funny girl...

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #6 - 29th Nov, 2012 at 7:36am

These pocket-sized gadgets may be popular, but they are rubbish for me. It does put strain on your vision and it's better to view a large computer screen.

In Laos, you see people using their mobile phones while they are driving and even riding their motorbikes, which is dangerous. People change their phones and number regularly, and they still complain that they are poor.

IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee

Laos
Reply #7 - 29th Nov, 2012 at 8:30am

As with all things, in moderation. If used properly then technology can enrich our lives. I think Lao people are obsessed with mobile phones and iphone/ipads but that is also true for most of asia as well. Having a device where you can be connected all the time and just about anywhere in the world is very convenient, and having a phone that can do it all is even better. I carry one device which can serve as a camera/camcorder, laptop in my hand, gps, music/media player, flashlight, dictionary/translator, personal assistant and occaisionally a phone.

I do think it is annoying when I see people carrying around an ipad and not looking where they are going or taking pics with it, so obvious. Got to know your smart phone etiquette: no texting/talking while driving (common sense), put it on silent/vibrate when in a meeting or similar places so you don't disturb others, don't make it a priority to answer your phone in the presence of others (you can always call back or let it go to voicemail), and don't set annoying ringtones on your phone and let it ring several times before answering it cause others may not have the same taste in music as you do. One last one is something that bothered me today, don't take pics of people when they don't want to be photographed, you can get sued for it in some countries for invasion of privacy.
Okay Admin, have I convinced you of wanting one of these kool phones now, you know you want one...

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #8 - 29th Nov, 2012 at 9:04am

The features you mentioned is handy, but they are things that you can live without.

My job requires me to be on the computer most of the time anyway, so people can always get in touch with me online.

IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee

Laos
Reply #9 - 30th Nov, 2012 at 5:45am

Your precious computers are being replaced by these smart devices admin. Soon you will have to convert or be left like a dinasaur. Even Microsoft knows this and has started developing their windows 8 based around mobile devices and touch screens. Embrace the change, all things are subject to impermanence.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #10 - 30th Nov, 2012 at 6:14am

I disagree. Mobile devices and touch screens are only handy for surfing the internet when travelling, but for technical things you need access to a keyboard and mouse. 

I wouldn't be able to do my job on an iPad or iPhone. A personal computer will still be around for a long time to come.

IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee

Laos
Reply #11 - 30th Nov, 2012 at 6:28am

I also use a laptop for my job but it could very well be replaced by a tablet in the future. Touch keyboards and voice to text are the future, they just need to be further developed. Laptops replaced desktops, something will replace a laptop eventually, it's evolution. Look at fossil fueled cars being hybrids and then electric cars, who would have thought? My next vehicle I'm considering is a hybrid since gas is getting more and more expensive. Just because you want to keep hanging onto your traditional computers, doens't mean they will always be around. A-tracks got replaced by cassette tapes, then by cd's then by mp3's, etc..
You will come around one day admin, either by choice or not, haha...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/224628/apple_ipad_stifiling_laptop_sales.html

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #12 - 30th Nov, 2012 at 7:37am

Laptops haven't replaced desktops entirely. Desktops personal computers are still used in offices around the world. People generally use laptops outside their work place.

Ideally I prefer to use a desktop because the screen is larger to minimize eye strain and also for a better viewing experience.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 36 284161 Last Post 31st Mar, 2024 at 1:47am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 85456 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 137388 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 73886 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 50707 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 76959 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 60335 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 47685 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 42952 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 35437 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum