Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
I don't like Lao culture.... (Read 47481 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: I don't like Lao culture....
Reply #15 - 30th Nov, 2012 at 8:41am

Buk Hoo Kee wrote on 30th Nov, 2012 at 6:02am:
Hey admin, will I see you sun tanning next time in the rice fields, would you want to be dark skinned?

I prefer to keep my skin white.

I don't know about others, so I can only speak for myself.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #16 - 30th Nov, 2012 at 9:13am

Well, forget about racism. I think we all have prejudice in our deep mind. It is fine.

As for the film banned in Thailand, I admire their culture, because all thai hold their culture firmly. Their government fliped many times, their culture keeps the same.

We here, culture was uprooted by Maxism, tradition has gone facing the conflict between Maxim and free market. Feeling the hunger, free market usually prevails. Then, tradition becomes a comedy for fetching money for family. As I found the same trend in China, Vietnam and Russia. In free market, money says. in advanced free market, tradition and money both can have a say.

I am sure, Admin will do fishing one hand with umbrella, the other with fishing pole. I am wondering which hand to catch fish? Just kidding.

View Profile  
IP Logged

mychalmitchell323
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Chicago
Reply #17 - 30th Nov, 2012 at 11:00pm

Ok Souvaluck you didn't post but keep in mind this movie was not produced for Lao people. It was produced for people. As far as the leading actress not looking Lao, my point exactly. The movie has several underling stories including a child who grew up without a father, how she handled the two cultures and the fight to find her father, a private investigator with a shady pass that's catching up to him, a single mom with an uncertain future after leaving Laos. Numero uno objective was to do a movie with refugees where the movie that did not involve the war. ALL of the adult cast are refugees.  An asian girl playing Dorothy? Hmmmm, now that's a thought. Did you see "The Wiz" starring Diana Ross and Michael Jackson? Controversy? It only came when people with a lower IQ (not dumb) thought she was claiming to be part of the royal family. The trailer was put together to intrugue. So we were counting on those folks for pub. Mission accomplished. Get you a copy and don't listen to people who have not seen it.

View Profile princess of laos  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #18 - 1st Dec, 2012 at 2:07am

Okay then what if Laos produced a fictitious movie based on the life of Barack Obama, and we used a Lao guy to play Obama.

Keep in mind that this movie isn't intended for the American people. What will their reaction be?

I hope the film brings success for you. If you have a black looking girl playing the role of a Lao girl, then it's natural to get mixed reactions.

The Wiz was a box office failure, and still is. It's not the kind of film that will get good ratings if it was televised today.

IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Reply #19 - 1st Dec, 2012 at 9:24am

mychalmitchell323 wrote on 29th Nov, 2012 at 11:15pm:
If you or anyone can show us where it says she is a real Princess I'll have him shut everything down.

Dude, the title of the movie says it all. Shut everything down now. If I made a movie called "Princess of Thailand" and got some black chick to be the "princess", they would throw me into a Thai prison for the rest of my life, but I wouldn't be that disprespectful or "dumb" enough to do that.

mychalmitchell323 wrote on 29th Nov, 2012 at 11:15pm:
Administrator just because you have "black friends" does not mean you are NOT a racist.

And NOT having "black friends", doesn't mean you are a racist, so what's the point? Empty as you are.

mychalmitchell323 wrote on 30th Nov, 2012 at 11:00pm:
Ok Souvaluck you didn't post but keep in mind this movie was not produced for Lao people. It was produced for people.

When you put "Laos" in the title, I'm "not dumb" or have a low "IQ" but I think that is a very strong indication that it has something to do with the people of "Laos". I mean, they even facking speak Lao in the movie for facks sake. You think your audience would be German or something? Wait, this movie was for "people" right and I'm a person, and I'm also Lao but this movie wasn't for Lao people? Are you discriminating against Lao people watching this movie? I guess the movie was made by "using" Lao people and its history so that someone can make some money. You know, I'm sick of foreigners always trying to take advantage of developing countries, hiding behind a mask saying you "love the country and its people".

mychalmitchell323 wrote on 30th Nov, 2012 at 11:00pm:
It only came when people with a lower IQ (not dumb) thought she was claiming to be part of the royal family.

Okay if I had a "lower IQ", I might actually be dumb enough to believe what you just said...

mychalmitchell323 wrote on 28th Nov, 2012 at 10:47pm:
If her mom is Lao and grandparents are Lao then what does that make her?

I don't know but I sure the fack wasn't expecting a black chick. Maybe you are okay with the mail man facking your wife but if I was married to a Lao girl and my kid came out to be white or black, I sure wouldn't be "dumb" enough to believe that it's my kid, even if I had a low "IQ".

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #20 - 1st Dec, 2012 at 9:57am

Buk Hoo Kee, You sound angry. It's a controversial movie but it doesn't mean that it needs to go.

You're right though about making a movie about the Thai monarchy. In fact, they don't seem to like anything based around them, even if the actress wasn't black, you would still be playing with fire.

IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Reply #21 - 3rd Dec, 2012 at 1:30am

Just annoyed, due to the ignorance. My sense of justice and politically correctness gets the better of me sometimes.
It's annoying to see people spouting garbage and thinking everyone is dumb enough to believe it.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

mychalmitchell323

I Love Laos!

Chicago
Reply #22 - 3rd Dec, 2012 at 5:28am

Obama Khon Lao, now that's a hit. Can I produce it? What do you mean I sound angry? Thai monarchy? I didn't say anything about that.

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 1st Dec, 2012 at 2:07am:
Okay then what if Laos produced a fictitious movie based on the life of Barack Obama, and we used a Lao guy to play Obama.

Keep in mind that this movie isn't intended for the American people. What will their reaction be?

I hope the film brings success for you. If you have a black looking girl playing the role of a Lao girl, then it's natural to get mixed reactions.

The Wiz was a box office failure, and still is. It's not the kind of film that will get good ratings if it was televised today.

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #23 - 3rd Dec, 2012 at 1:31pm

mychalmitchell323 wrote on 3rd Dec, 2012 at 5:28am:
Obama Khon Lao, now that's a hit. Can I produce it?

It's totally up to you, you know more about filming than I do.

What do you mean I sound angry? Thai monarchy? I didn't say anything about that.

That was for Buk Hoo Kee.

IP Logged

mychalmitchell323

I Love Laos!

Chicago
Reply #24 - 4th Dec, 2012 at 12:05am

Is there something that lead you to believe that? Just curious because I say different.

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 3rd Dec, 2012 at 1:31pm:
Obama Khon Lao, now that's a hit. Can I produce it?

It's totally up to you, you know more about filming than I do.

What do you mean I sound angry? Thai monarchy? I didn't say anything about that.

That was for Buk Hoo Kee.

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Reply #25 - 3rd Jan, 2013 at 12:27am

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy! 'Chicago mafia' style Lao movie!  Now that should be entertaining Grin Grin Grin!

Obama Khon Lao, now that's a hit. Can I produce it? What do you mean I sound angry? Thai monarchy? I didn't say anything about that.

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 1st Dec, 2012 at 2:07am:

View Profile  
IP Logged

mychalmitchell323

I Love Laos!

Chicago
Reply #26 - 10th May, 2013 at 6:42am

Buk Hoo Kee wrote on 29th Nov, 2012 at 6:27am:
Patting yourselves on the back doesn't count as a success. I can nominate myself as the king but doesn't mean I will be one. This movie didn't help Laos or its people in any way.

The girl is blacker than the midnight sky. It is an insult to Lao people to be portrayed as "black", they don't even like to be in the sun because they are afraid they will get dark and looked down upon as working in the fields and being low class and poor.

I am not racist agains black africans but when the movie says "Princess of Laos", I expect a Laos girl, not an imposter. This is like the other movies like "The Last Airbender" that got boycotted for its all white cast when the original has asians.

http://www.channelapa.com/2009/05/last-airbender-movie-boycott-paramount.html

You should really read the true reviews of real people to put this movie into perspective. I couldn't even finish watching the preview cause it was so bad. Calling her the princess of Laos is just a plain out insult cause I am a decendant of the Kings of Laos, my uncle was the King of Laos. You telling me this black biatch is a princess? Well fack me, cause I thought the royal family were mostly in France, that's where the rest of my uncles live.

Maybe you should ask Prince Soulivong Savang if he knows he has a long lost black sister. Maybe they should have done their research and history a little bit better if they are going to base this on a real story or even close to being the truth. I have a sister that could have acted the part better. I guess their won't be a sequel to this one.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/aponline/20000224/aponline180821_000.htm

http://eatpadek.blogspot.com/2011/12/mixed-reviews-lao-princess.html

Ask the Prince? You sissy boy why don't you ask him yourself. He's a friend on my facebook page. I sent him the clip you punk mf. If he replies let me know what he says pbamf. Her great grandfather was an advisor to the King. Leave your address so I can pay you a visit sucker.

IP Logged

mychalmitchell323

I Love Laos!

Chicago
Reply #27 - 10th May, 2013 at 6:45am

Buk Hoo Kee wrote on 29th Nov, 2012 at 6:27am:
Patting yourselves on the back doesn't count as a success. I can nominate myself as the king but doesn't mean I will be one. This movie didn't help Laos or its people in any way.

The girl is blacker than the midnight sky. It is an insult to Lao people to be portrayed as "black", they don't even like to be in the sun because they are afraid they will get dark and looked down upon as working in the fields and being low class and poor.

I am not racist agains black africans but when the movie says "Princess of Laos", I expect a Laos girl, not an imposter. This is like the other movies like "The Last Airbender" that got boycotted for its all white cast when the original has asians.

http://www.channelapa.com/2009/05/last-airbender-movie-boycott-paramount.html

You should really read the true reviews of real people to put this movie into perspective. I couldn't even finish watching the preview cause it was so bad. Calling her the princess of Laos is just a plain out insult cause I am a decendant of the Kings of Laos, my uncle was the King of Laos. You telling me this black biatch is a princess? Well fack me, cause I thought the royal family were mostly in France, that's where the rest of my uncles live.

Maybe you should ask Prince Soulivong Savang if he knows he has a long lost black sister. Maybe they should have done their research and history a little bit better if they are going to base this on a real story or even close to being the truth. I have a sister that could have acted the part better. I guess their won't be a sequel to this one.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/aponline/20000224/aponline180821_000.htm

http://eatpadek.blogspot.com/2011/12/mixed-reviews-lao-princess.html

The man sitting with white hair in front of the king is the great grandfather of the leading actress you bamf. Leave your address.

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Reply #28 - 11th May, 2013 at 1:02am

Can we all just get along?  Oh crap y'all this is hilarious!

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #29 - 11th May, 2013 at 10:15am

Beef Cake wrote on 11th May, 2013 at 1:02am:
Can we all just get along?  Oh crap y'all this is hilarious!

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Republican can get along with demecratics?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 3106 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 87801 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 291701 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 139280 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 75598 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 52134 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 78213 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 61468 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 48641 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43729 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum