Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Re: Laos gov't disavows responsibility for disappearance of . (Read 19643 times)

somvang
Ex Member

Re: Laos gov't disavows responsibility for disappearance of .
21st Dec, 2012 at 1:44pm

Many things have been going on in Lao lately and strangely nothing have been posted on this forum.

What about the crackdown on Vang Vieng?
What about the cancellation of the human right workshop during the Asem meeting?
What about kick out of helveta s official?

Is this forum really meaningful?  Huh Huh  Sad

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #1 - 21st Dec, 2012 at 2:22pm

Many things have been going on in Laos but this isn't the place for sensitive issues.

Please understand that we have no freedom of speech in Laos, and not because this forum isn't meaningful.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

somvang
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 21st Dec, 2012 at 4:16pm

Well,

This forum is hosted on an US server right?
Sensitives news are really what matter! How can u be proud of something u do not even know about, cannot analyse and even discuss and share opinions about! I fear that this little forum is just obsolete! Social Networks are far more interesting and useful to the cause (purpose). Your policy is straight forward, no news is good news! nothing to report about, everything is fine, biz as usual!
What a pity!
We should move on Facebook, with an editorial policy that makes sense and contributors that have something to share!

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #3 - 21st Dec, 2012 at 5:10pm

This forum can be hosted in Mars, that doesn't make me or any of my colleagues safe if we talk about sensitive Lao issues.

Visit the Vientiane Times newspaper website, and you can see they don't publish any sensitive news either. You are more than welcome to discuss sensitive news on a social networking website.

IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Reply #4 - 24th Dec, 2012 at 3:19am

This site is more for fun than anything else, it is to promote tourism to Laos by giving information about Laos for potential visitors. I think there is a lot of unresolved politics with Laos. We have a troubled history that has left the people divided and scattered all over the world. I don't think one website is going to solve all these problems, nor do I think that talking about it everyday is going to do anything. The injustice has been happening for a very long time. I only hope that the international community will take action and keep putting pressure on Laos. They should not be allowed to join WTO, ASEM, or ASEAN with the way that they are.

Let's not blame this web board for the things their gov't has done. They do not represent the commie gov't. This site gives many of us an opportunity to communicate with what's going on in Laos and even express our opinions both positive or negative. It's too bad there aren't enough people on here from Laos that could give us some more insight about living in Laos today.

Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year!

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #5 - 24th Dec, 2012 at 9:44am

This site is more for fun than anything else, it is to promote tourism to Laos by giving information about Laos for potential visitors. I think there is a lot of unresolved politics with Laos.

100% right!

Buk Hoo Kee wrote on 24th Dec, 2012 at 3:19am:
This site is more for fun than anything else, it is to promote tourism to Laos by giving information about Laos for potential visitors. I think there is a lot of unresolved politics with Laos. We have a troubled history that has left the people divided and scattered all over the world. I don't think one website is going to solve all these problems, nor do I think that talking about it everyday is going to do anything. The injustice has been happening for a very long time. I only hope that the international community will take action and keep putting pressure on Laos. They should not be allowed to join WTO, ASEM, or ASEAN with the way that they are.

Let's not blame this web board for the things their gov't has done. They do not represent the commie gov't. This site gives many of us an opportunity to communicate with what's going on in Laos and even express our opinions both positive or negative. It's too bad there aren't enough people on here from Laos that could give us some more insight about living in Laos today.

Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Laosnow
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #6 - 24th Dec, 2012 at 1:29pm

After having received a notice on the mission of Mr. Sombath Somphone and received the CCTV footage on the incidence from his wife, the authorities concerned of the Lao PDR have checked the initial information obtained, and therefore would like to inform as follows:

On 15 December 2012, the traffic police were conducting their routine random checks on cars at the police outpost on Thadeu road in the vicinity of Watnak village, Sisattanak district, Vientiane Capital. According to the CCTV footage, at 6:00 pm the traffic police stopped the Jeep of Mr Sombath in order to check for driving license and car documents as normal procedures. Being stopped, Mr Sombath walked out from his car to the police to present documents.

After the police had checked the documents they returned them to Mr Sombath and continued their duty of checking other cars. Then, a man came on a motorbike parked it near Sombath's car and rushed to the police outpost direction.

A little while after, a man walked to Sombath's car and was driving it away slowly, according to statement of the Spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the Missing of Mr. Sombath Somphone, on 19 December.

About 10 minutes later, a pickup truck came with hazard lights flashing. The pickup truck stopped near the police outpost. One man entered the pickup truck and shortly after that another person got on and then got off the pickup truck and then got on the vehicle again. There was no sign of these two men being forced while getting on the vehicle and it was not possible to identify who they were. Then the pickup truck went away to an unknown destination.

Following the preliminary assessment of the incidence from the CCTV footage, the authorities concerned viewed that, it may be possible Mr. Sombath has been kidnapped perhaps because of a personal conflict or a conflict in business or some other reasons and at this stage the authorities are not in a position to say exactly what has actually happened, why Mr. Sombath has gone missing and who have been involved in the incidence.

In this connection, the authorities concerned are currently and seriously investigating the incidence in order to find out the truth and whereabouts of Mr Sombath.

Source: KPL Lao News Agency

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #7 - 24th Dec, 2012 at 2:12pm

A Lao citizen never kidnaps his own countryman, let alone kidnap his own countryman in FRONT of the police.

I would understand if a bandit stole his car, which they already have, but then to also kidnap him moments later is unheard of in Laos.

I hope the poor man is alive and well, and be released soon.

IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Reply #8 - 25th Dec, 2012 at 12:05am

Usually a kidnapping has a motive. There are no demands for money or anything. That's why this is more of a political assassination and has drawn the attention that it needs. This is an attack on human rights and if the commie gov't is linked to this incident, then they will not get anymore foreign aid to corrupt. I'm hoping this gets raised to a higher level and sparks some type of pro human rights movement. Look at what's happening in India right now, people need to take a stand and start fighting for what they believe, if it's the will of the people, the UN and other nations will step in, just look at Syria. Once that gov't starts to use biological weapons on its own people, the US is going to nuke them. The Laosy gov't is pushing their limits also and I hope one day they take it too far that someone steps in.
China is changing its policies against corruption due to its new leaders, Burma is becoming democratic, next will be Laos and then Vietnam. The commies cannot hold onto the power when the people start to fight back, they will have no allies to rely on like before.
Admin you tell it like it is, people in Laos don't go and kidnap each other. This was done right in front of a police post and they didn't do anything about it which means they were in on it. This time there is proof of their actions and there is no way to deny it.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

kevin RoadRace
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Under a Rock!
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #9 - 28th Dec, 2012 at 4:07pm

Quote:
Is this forum really meaningful? Huh Huh Sad

This forum is restricted to discussion of only beer, girls and food. And most of all Judy Garland. But anyways the goverment in any country will not admit to being involved in anything they don't want you to know.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #10 - 28th Dec, 2012 at 4:22pm

Whilst the government in other countries will not admit to being involved in anything, they still allow their people accuse them and talk about any crime that happens in the country. That's what we lack in Laos.

In Laos, we have to keep our mouths shut. We have to support our government, and that's what I'm doing. I love the Lao government.

There's about 700 topics on this forum covering various topics.

IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee

Laos
Reply #11 - 28th Dec, 2012 at 11:18pm

Beer, girls and laosy food, what more can you ask for?
In Laos you can't really talk bad about the gov't, there are eyes and ears and you might dissappear in the middle of the night. As long as you just enjoy the beer, girls and food, everything will be okay, comprendez? Until something changes, people in Laos can only keep their mouths shut and keep smiling if they value their lives.

"I love the Lao government."
You say it with such conviction, haha.

Okay now back to the beer, girls and food!

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #12 - 29th Dec, 2012 at 1:42am

Many foreigners don't seem to understand Laos. In Laos, your mouth will get you into more trouble than murder.

Because with murder, you go to jail and serve a certain term. And during your jail term you can see and talk to your family if they still want anything to do with you.

With your mouth, Mr. Sombath Somphone is an example of what can happen. Nobody knows anything about your whereabouts, whether you are alive or tortured.

So people, please keep sensitive issues out and just enjoy the discussion about Lao tourism, and of course enjoy reading my regular updates about the talented Judy Garland on the other category.

IP Logged

andyong
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #13 - 29th Dec, 2012 at 7:21am

I had been in Laos for the past 12 years. Living my freedom life, fun and easy. No sensitive issue from me regarding anything from government, politics and policies. You can make Laos a better place to stay, if you know the in and out and also how.

Do what you like and stay in peace, as long as you don't poke around like you know something more than the others.

Cheers Laos....beautiful ladies, beer and what you think of next!!!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Reply #14 - 1st Jan, 2013 at 7:49pm

Do what you like and stay in peace, as long as you don't poke around like you know something more than the others.

Your knowledge has to be below the knowledge of the government or else?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 10421 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 91591 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 294922 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 141789 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 77836 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 54014 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 79927 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 62989 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 49873 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 44775 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum