Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Natural beauty of Northern Laos (Read 18588 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Natural beauty of Northern Laos
17th Feb, 2013 at 1:09pm

Natural beauty of Northern Laos     Natural beauty of Northern Laos     Natural beauty of Northern Laos
Natural beauty of Northern Laos     Natural beauty of Northern Laos     Natural beauty of Northern Laos

Please click on image to view a larger version

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

pakse
Awards: 2
Gold Medal AwardLaotian Award
Re: Natural beauty of Northern Laos
Reply #1 - 17th Feb, 2013 at 1:23pm

Even though Laos may not be modernize or industrialize .I think the beauty of the country speak for itself .It kinda remind ya of the innocent .Very beautiful pic admin.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Reply #2 - 19th Feb, 2013 at 2:54am

That's does not looked like the Mekong River -bottom-most pictures?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #3 - 19th Feb, 2013 at 3:40am

It's the Nam Khan River.

There are many rivers in Laos but they all flow into the Mekong River, which is the main one.

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #4 - 19th Feb, 2013 at 7:04pm

The top-most image is inside a train?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #5 - 20th Feb, 2013 at 2:31am

It's inside a boat, looks very relaxing.

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #6 - 20th Feb, 2013 at 4:47am

Not my cheesburger Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy.  I went to work offshore Newfoundland, Canada 3 years ago on a vessel and got seasicked throughout the trip.  What made it worse was that we were at the same vicinity where the Titanic had sanked.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #7 - 20th Feb, 2013 at 5:46am

The story of the Titanic fascinates me.

Maybe a river boat is smoother on the river for you, and it's not a long journey as traveling by ship.

IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Gold Medal AwardLaotian Award
Reply #8 - 20th Feb, 2013 at 8:14am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 20th Feb, 2013 at 5:46am:

Maybe a river boat is smoother on the river for you, and it's not a long journey as traveling by ship.

Not me .Sinking ship creeps me out  Embarrassed  But you're right though river boat do sound nicer.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #9 - 20th Feb, 2013 at 8:41am

ba dac wrote on 20th Feb, 2013 at 8:14am:

Not me .Sinking ship creeps me out  Embarrassed  But you're right though river boat do sound nicer.

River boat with icy beer lao, that is life.

With Lao openning up, what we have today will vanish in 10 years, esp, northern lao, only 7 years ago, we saw green green big tree mountains, what we have today? gray gray sporadic bush mountains and river turned fish pond. Cherish it before it is gone.

Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #10 - 20th Feb, 2013 at 9:07pm

Agree I should have not compare an apple to an orange because there are less wave effects from a river comparing to an open sea where waves can be at least 3 meters high and that is in  a 'calm' condition.  However, we asians are not biological inclined to be seafarers.  Vikings and Scandinavian people are the true seafarers.

ba dac wrote on 20th Feb, 2013 at 8:14am:

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #11 - 4th Mar, 2013 at 5:40pm

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #12 - 4th Mar, 2013 at 9:11pm

Good images!  I can spend the whole day skipping those rocks across the river Cool.

Is this a typical mountain slope environment to have mainly low lying vegetations (or grass) growing on these relatively higher grade slopes above rivers and canyons in various sections of the country-north,centtral,south?   

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #13 - 5th Mar, 2013 at 5:49am

This is a typical mountain scenery up north.

I haven't seen big mountains near rivers down south, but then again I haven't been everywhere yet.

IP Logged

sakyant
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Southern California
Reply #14 - 5th Mar, 2013 at 6:48am

It looks like a typical scene of the northern part of Laos to me. I haven't seen to the south yet, but I will be soon.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 36 284696 Last Post 31st Mar, 2024 at 1:47am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 85528 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 137448 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 73937 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 50757 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77006 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 60377 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 47721 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 42980 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 35458 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum