Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Monks and Offerings (Read 7291 times)

peterpan
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Monks and Offerings
12th Apr, 2013 at 11:18am

It is in Huay Xay.

1_002.jpg (70 KB | 511 )
1_002.jpg
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: Monks and Offerings
Reply #1 - 12th Apr, 2013 at 11:28am

The stairs look very dusty, and sandals look dirty.

The temple needs to get their act together and clean places where monks and people roam.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #2 - 12th Apr, 2013 at 11:58am

That is the difference between country temple and city temple.

Same as south beaver and north beaver.  Laugh

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 12th Apr, 2013 at 11:28am:
The stairs look very dusty, and sandals look dirty.

The temple needs to get their act together and clean places where monks and people roam.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Reply #3 - 13th Apr, 2013 at 12:14am

I highly agree that all places of worship should be cleaner than the surroundings.  Temples are sanctuaries and all should be surrounded with flowers, chirping birds, butterflies, lizards and Moon and Sun shining on temples at all time.

That must be country temple?

View Profile  
IP Logged

andyong
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #4 - 13th Apr, 2013 at 10:38am

Yes, it should be cleaned all year round. Nowadays people had been complaining saying why don't those in house little monk (novice) do some cleaning rather than hanging around the temple doing nothing. I had seen one temple, somewhere near Lakxao (can't really remember the exact location) where those novices do all the cleaning and maintenance of the temple and there all fruit trees surrounding the compound. Longan (lam yai) mangoes, guava...according to them, those fruits are given away to villagers. This is what I say a real temple.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #5 - 13th Apr, 2013 at 10:47am

That is a dream temple with all you put here

Beef Cake wrote on 13th Apr, 2013 at 12:14am:
I highly agree that all places of worship should be cleaner than the surroundings.  Temples are sanctuaries and all should be surrounded with flowers, chirping birds, butterflies, lizards and Moon and Sun shining on temples at all time.

That must be country temple?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Reply #6 - 14th Apr, 2013 at 5:32pm

That's good to hear about this particular temple.  Not much time required to put plants in the ground. 

andyong wrote on 13th Apr, 2013 at 10:38am:
Yes, it should be cleaned all year round. Nowadays people had been complaining saying why don't those in house little monk (novice) do some cleaning rather than hanging around the temple doing nothing. I had seen one temple, somewhere near Lakxao (can't really remember the exact location) where those novices do all the cleaning and maintenance of the temple and there all fruit trees surrounding the compound. Longan (lam yai) mangoes, guava...according to them, those fruits are given away to villagers. This is what I say a real temple.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 0 1592 Last Post 21st Apr, 2024 at 12:52pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 290823 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 87018 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 138698 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 75076 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 51690 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77827 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 61125 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 48342 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43501 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum