Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Should Lao intervene in Syria? (Read 36717 times)

TexasCowboy
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardBest Content Award
Should Lao intervene in Syria?
29th Aug, 2013 at 4:55am

The United States has near airtight evidence that the Assad regime is using chemical weapons on its own people. Intervention by the United States is almost a certainty by this point and it could escalate into a ground invasion by American forces. Should the people of Lao stand up & make it clear to the rest of the world that they will no standby while an evil dictatorship murders its own people? I think it would be a good idea to send a small force from the Lao military.

What do you think?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: Should Lao intervene in Syria?
Reply #1 - 29th Aug, 2013 at 6:14am

The regime in Laos is not perfect either.

That's the reason why thousands of Laotians are scattered around the world today. They didn't go there to look for a better life, they went there to escape death or imprisonment.

We have issues in our own country, we need to sort out our own problems before we can help others.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

TexasCowboy

I love Laos!

Reply #2 - 29th Aug, 2013 at 10:13am

Many Americans flee to other countries seeking asylum. A recent example is Edward Snowden who exposed the NSA for unconstitutional breach of privacy. Regardless of this and many other controversies, the US still holds itself as a model for the rest of the world; they will not standby while a regime uses chemical weapons on its own population. The Lao should have pride and make it clear they share this common goal with the United States and United Kingdom.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #3 - 29th Aug, 2013 at 11:36am

The Americans seeking asylum are doing something unlawful in their country. Anyone who did what Snowden did would be a wanted person by their country. The Laotians who left Laos by the thousands is not because they did anything wrong, but because the communist just don't like them.

I don't object with the US to take action with Syria, but for Laos to get involved is out of the question when our history relates to Syria. We killed our own people, and this is still fresh in the minds of many Laotians.

IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #4 - 29th Aug, 2013 at 1:33pm

How Laotian soldiers go to Syria?

Fighting with USA or England will do good for laotians?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #5 - 29th Aug, 2013 at 1:50pm

Laos already have bad relations with the US, remember we fought against the US in the Civil War.

So to fight with them is the last thing on the Lao Government's mind at the moment.

IP Logged

TexasCowboy

I love Laos!

Reply #6 - 29th Aug, 2013 at 3:18pm

I understand Lao intervention is unlikely because of sour relations  with the United States. But that is precisely why Lao should show its support in the effort: to improve its relations with the U.S. and therefore build its global reputation. Further integration into the international community would gradually pacify the Lao government on a number of issues. This would eventually benefit the Lao commoner.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #7 - 29th Aug, 2013 at 4:12pm

I like your way of thinking, however at the end of the day, it's the US President who has to make the shot. He has to call to Laos for an invitation to join which obviously won't happen due to the sour relations.

He would also be taking account of the fact that the Lao army has limited experience, and we do not have any high-tech and state-of-the-art equipment.

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Reply #8 - 30th Aug, 2013 at 5:14am

If we have to, we can use drones to take them out.  We do not need to use ground attacks.  Those boys that are currently in that part of the world need to come back home.  Those boys are only 'policing' people and not really in 'fighting' mode and because of this, this would make them more vulnerable.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #9 - 30th Aug, 2013 at 5:48am

No is the answer.  Let Darwin's evolution take care of Syria.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #10 - 30th Aug, 2013 at 11:13am

Cameron is not in line with Obama this time

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/30/obama-strike-syria-britain-vote

Mr Darwin theory prevails

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #11 - 31st Aug, 2013 at 12:54am

I've the French.  This is somewhat worries me though.  You do not want the French men to watch your back.

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #12 - 2nd Sep, 2013 at 9:29am

Why? Because they speak different language? or just eat fries not burger? Grin

Beef Cake wrote on 31st Aug, 2013 at 12:54am:
I've the French.  This is somewhat worries me though.  You do not want the French men to watch your back.

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Gold Medal AwardLaotian Award
Reply #13 - 2nd Sep, 2013 at 11:15am

Laos need to take care of its own first.Japan also fought against the USA ,but look at the end result.At least the United State help rebuild that country just like they help rebuilt western Europe.Here the thing .If Laos keep China or Vietnam as her buddy .The United State of America don't want any part of her. Case in point look at Cuba.
Laos senting solider to Syria  Grin  are you serious or that
sarcasm  Huh

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Reply #14 - 3rd Sep, 2013 at 6:50am

Some of you people are really clueless about Laos history. I didn't expect the admin to actually admit faults about the commie Lao gov't but I actually agree with her.
Laos doesn't have an army, it only has these commie soldiers who protect the corrupt commie gov't officials in case someone tries to assassinate them to take back Laos for the Lao people since Viets control Laos.

Laos doesn't care about the rest of the world, they don't care about human rights so they obviously won't care about what happens in Syria. I wish there was another civil war in Laos so that all the Lao people in the rest of the world could go home, I'm tired of living overseas!
The UK look like a bunch of pansies with no balls! All talk but can't walk the walk. Just like when they hesitated to stand up against Hitler. AND AGAIN the US has to step in and stand up for what's right. Shame on the rest of the world. UN has no balls either, just a bunch of paper pushers. China and Russia won't let any international intervention happen. Why is that? What interest do they have in Syria? It's always about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I know why buk dum Obama wants congressional approval, cause he don't want to look like a war monger like the previous Bush's. He doesn't want to be remembered as that president who started wars unlike most of the other past presidents in the US.

Buk Snowden had choices, he made his, and he knew the repercussions. The people of Syria, women and children, didn't have a choice, they were murdered.
Snowden will have a trial in the courts of law and is innocent until proven guilty if he decides to come back to the US. The 1429 people killed in Syria don't have no choice but to lay in a grave now. I'd rather face American justice any day than be killed off by dictators.

There are other ways people can help Syria instead of sending military troops and adding to the blood shed.
They can send aid such as food, water, medical to the victims of war who didn't want to be a part of this power struggle. Many people already fled, just like Laos in 1975 during the Vietnam invasion.

No one wins in war, everyone loses something.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 79293 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 249071 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133264 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69955 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47569 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 74033 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57659 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45474 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 41067 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 34016 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum