Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
[Posted] Fanfic: "A date with Judy" (Read 10485 times)

LoveGal
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

♥ Judy Garland ♥

Oversea
Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardJudy Garland Gold Star Award
[Posted] Fanfic: "A date with Judy"
2nd Sep, 2013 at 10:59pm

Hi Every Fan of Judy Garland. Please exhibitions I'm a newbie. I just a man who loves Judy Garland so much and I'm not a well English user, so if I wrote something wrong please forgive me Embarrassed.
I hope you would enjoy this fanfic.

Kristen is an American girl. Her writings are very interesting, refinement and original. "A date with Judy" is one of the fineness story of Judy Garland and Kristen.

Fanfic: "A date with Judy" By Kristen Rae

It was a typical Monday morning…  Judy’s dreadful pink alarm clock rang early at around 5 am …waking up MGM’s sweetheart right out of her comfy bed. While sweeping her hair back, Judy smelled the aroma of hazelnut coffee percolating in the kitchen. She stepped into her fuzzy slippers..put on her robe..and made her wearily way to her glamorous walk in closet …picking out a tailored dress,stockings, and heels for the day…before taking a quick shower. After hurriedly dressing, styling her hair, and swiping on some ruby lipstick.. Judy dashed  downstairs for breakfast.  Her usual morning orange juice, vanilla yogurt, and fruit bowl  was waiting on the kitchen table… prepared by Kristen , who was taking over for their cook Gizella, who had the day off. ”Good morning, Francie.” Kristen said sweetly handing her a fresh cup of coffee and the morning paper. Judy smiling said, ”Good morning, darling…thankyou…wow, but you didn’t have to make me breakfast..my goodness! everything looks just wonderful and you’re looking lovely today..is that a new blouse?” Kristen nodded, ” Yes it is..I bought it last weekend at Bloomie’s ..I thought it would look good with this skirt..”
          ”It looks very nifty ..” Judy sweetly said with a wink ..before putting on her black framed glasses to read the paper.  Kristen sipping her coffee nonchalantly said ,”It’s such a lovely day…let’s both take a day off from the studio and just relax …maybe enjoy a picnic or an amusement park!?”
     ” Kris darling, I’d love to but you know I’m expected on the set this morning for rehearsel and photographs… then I’m scheduled to sing at a charity benefit in the afternoon.” Judy exclaimed while putting down her paper.
        ”I know that your work is important ..but it’s only one day..besides neither of us have had a good vacation for months.” Kristen persisted. Judy shrugged saying, ”That’s true..but the studio will be in an uproar if I refuse to show up…and can you imagine the grand lecture I’ll get from Mr.Mayer himself ?!”
       Kristen said sadly,”To be honest, Judy it seems the way things are at the studio…so terribly busy..the only time I get to see you is on our 20 minute lunch break…and there’s only so much we can talk about over a cold cottage cheese salad..(sighs).. I miss you.”
         Judy lovingly said, ” Angel, I’d like to spend more time with you too…you know that…it’s just that .. (biting her nails) ..my director is  going to tear me up later…I just know it (sighs).. but…I  guess I can live dangerously for one day’!”  Just then the telephone rang and Kristen dashed to answer it..”Hello ..who is calling?”  It was Judy’s musical director, Roger Edens calling from the studio…asking when Judy would be arriving on the set. ”I’m sorry..but Miss Garland will not be  working today.. something unexpected has come up ..it seems she has to care for a friend..”  Judy listening in while looking over at Kristen..stayed calm, took a deep breath ..and just finished her orange juice. 
          Kristen politely ended the call ..taking a message from Mr.Edens who insisted for Judy not to worry about anything.. he’d take care of things for her at Metro and  arrange for Dinah Shore to fill in at the charity luncheon. After being informed of her director’s positive reply, Judy felt more at ease leaving for a day of pleasure. After hanging up the phone, Kristen realized that she needed to call  the studio to let them know she’d be taking the day off too . She dialed the number and left a message with one of the writing department’s  secretaries. It seemed that everything was in order now for a fun day spent with Judy.
           After finishing their light breakfast … changing into casual blouses and shorts …Judy and Kristen decided to go to Venice Beach to take in the sights of the amusement park.They drove to the coast in Judy’s pink convertible…listening to the radio..with Judy singing along with whatever was playing . It was a sunny, warm spring day…just perfect for a day at the beach.
         Arriving at the Santa Monica pier, some photographers noticed Judy driving up and anxiously took pictures of her and Kristen at the beachfront entrance. Judy sighed, ”I knew something like this would happen.. if Leo the lion ever  finds out where I’ve been today..I’m sunk!” Kristen sneering back at those pesty  Hollywood photographers..reassured her saying, ” Francie, don’t give it another thought ..it’s only a couple of snapshots… around here they’re always taking pictures of pretty girls…whether you’re Judy Garland or not.”
           After parking her swanky convertible on the crowded street …Judy grabbed her canvas tote ..taking out her dark cat-eye sunglasses ..which she wore for most of the day. When they entered the amusement park… Kristen immediately wanted to see the carousel. It was noted to be one of the prettiest ornate merry go rounds ever bulit in California. After enjoying themselves riding on the whimsical painted menagerie… Judy and Kristen took off for the fun house . It was a fascinating colorful place filled with all kinds of weird, freaky spaces. Scary hidden staircases..moving walls…slippery floors..and a room named the hall of mirrors …which Judy found so amusing she quipped ,” I’d like to take one of these crazy mirrors  home with  me ..and bring it to the studio someday just to scare the make up department !”
      Leaving the quirky fun house …the girls spent some time at the arcade…which was too busy for Judy’s tastes…saying she  always feels  a little  ”claustrophobic” in crowds..so they only played a couple of games of Skee-ball and had some fun taking pictures of themselves in a photo booth.   Kristen feeling  a little dizzy after  their  adventures .. decided they should stop for a coke at a refreshment stand. While paying for the cokes, Judy noticed a couple of young starstruck  teenagers who were standing nearby ..they were obviously aware they were in the presence of a movie star ..and bashfully approached her for an autograph . Judy sweetly talked with them and signed their school notebooks. Shortly after finishing their sodas, Judy and Kristen took off to experience the piece de resistance of the amusement park..the roller coaster. Kristen had already  emphatically said ”no” to the ferris wheel,”I would’nt go on that ridiculous thing ..even if it was with Guy Madison!” but she gave in on the coaster …still not cheerfully anticipating it’s fright, Kristen still agreed to go on it at least once ..just to please Judy’s whim. While waiting in line for the scary ride…Judy noticed  Kristen just standing there…slightly nervous… gaping up at the ominous steel structure. She sweetly exclaimed , ”Darling, do’nt worry about this roller coaster..it’s so fast it’s a breeze…just keep close to me and hold on tight to my arm.” By the time , it was their turn to enter the wiggly car…Kristen followed Judy in ..and  carefully  scooted as far down in the seat as she could ..and before she blinked  the  ride took off … careening up and down ..in a matter of seconds. Kristen held on tightly to Judy’s arm ..and when the final downward slide came wildly down…she screamed …hiding her eyes in Judy’s shoulder. When the terrifying ride came to an end ..Kristen jumped out of the box car first.. sighing a big ”sigh” of relief …just thankful it was all over! Judy stepping out calmly  teased  her saying, ”I told you it was a breeze..”
         After a quick stop at a cotton candy stand  … Judy thought it would be nice to order some take out lunch and enjoy a picnic on the beach.  So, they found a delicatessen eatery …inside the park …ordering  pinwheel sandwiches and ambrosia salads.  Taking their eats with them and finding the perfect private place on the sand to recline …Judy and Kristen relaxed ..enjoying a lovely lunch in the sunshine and having a marvelous time just talking together.
          It was so warm for an April day , Judy sighed  ”Oh, my goodness ..it’s becoming  awfully warm out here..” sweeping her hair back in a pony tail…while looking for a rubberband in her tote.
        Kristen reclining on her beach blanket…just smiled…admiring Judy’s new hairstyle.
       Judy keenly noticing  Kristens’ sudden interest in her trivial task..asked, ”What’s all the staring about?” 
      ”I don’t know …maybe I’m just making a memory”  Kristen sweetly remarked.
       Judy,  leaned over… teasingly tickled Kristen’s  nose… ”You’re such a cupcake!”  Kristen  just  giggled …teasing Judy right back by playfully tickling her side …until she cried with laughter.
      ”You know , darling I’m so glad you suggested this holiday.” Judy said kicking off her shoes in the sand.
     Kristen watching the sun kissed ocean waves rush to shore, said ”I’m just happy to spend some time with you ..even if it’s only for a day.”
      Judy smiled at her ..and with a warm look in her lovely dark brown eyes..gently kissed her cheek. The very next moment saying, ”Close your eyes!” while taking out of her pocket a  gold necklace …placing  it around Kristen’s neck. ”I’ve been waiting for a perfectly divine time to give this to you ..and I think it’s today.” Much to her surprise..it was a  heart shaped locket which opened to a picture of Judy ..and an inscription that read ..’from my heart to yours, Love, Judy xxx
      Kristen was so stunned by Judy’s gift of love…she just cried with joy exclaiming, ” Oh, my Garland !  Francie ..I will cherish this forever ..it’s absolutely  beautiful !”
      Judy lovingly said , ”Darling, you’re beautiful….now how about us getting some ice cream cones?!”

♥ Judy Garland ♥ This is Judy Garland I gonna sing "Gotta Get Out And Vote, 1944"

♥ Judy Garland ♥ Ma! He's Makin' Eyes At Me! 1949
View Profile  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78260 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248700 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133029 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69741 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47380 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73864 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57503 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45342 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40928 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33924 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum