Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Where can I buy a Lao tablet? (Read 22196 times)

TexasCowboy
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardBest Content Award
Where can I buy a Lao tablet?
24th Jun, 2014 at 7:09pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E-pfap1Tgc

I've heard nothing but good things about Lao engineering and I was wondering where I can pick up this latest piece of technology. Also is there a LaoPride app for the Lao tablet?

Thanks,

Cowboy

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Re: Where can I buy a Lao tablet?
Reply #1 - 24th Jun, 2014 at 8:31pm

Aw man what is that thing are you sure it's good? Why not just get a google tablet, Lao tablet obviously can't compete. Lao engineering lol I can't tell if you were joking or not

View Profile  
IP Logged

TexasCowboy

I love Laos!

Reply #2 - 24th Jun, 2014 at 10:59pm

You always complain about the Westernization of SE Asia. This is a product designed by and for the Lao people and you recommend I buy an American tablet instead? Outrageous!

You Siamese just can't accept that Lao is set to become one of the most technologically advanced societies on the planet. The Lao Nation has already proven itself capable of great engineering feats with the construction of several hydroelectric dams.

We will start seeing TVs and cars with a Lao brand name just like we see brands like Samsung and Toyota.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Reply #3 - 25th Jun, 2014 at 12:13am

Lol, I'm not even Siamese man, what the hell? What made you assume I was Siamese?

I'm Lao-American. I was born in America. Here in America, the Lao and Thai communities often intermingle and yes I do understand Thai people quite well.

Yes I'm complaining about the westernization of SE Asia but you are an American so you are already westernized, which is why I don't see a problem with you buying an American product. I'm not looking down on Lao products, but obviously a google tablet is better.

I don't even look down on Lao people, but to say it's becoming technologically advanced doesn't seem so true as of yet. Maybe in the future. I hope not though. I've had enough of facebook using new-age prissies.

I live in the USA and I'm technologically adept and I don't use any facebook crap or social media prissy sh-t or anything.

Lao becoming technically advanced will only make them suit wearing krathoey ladyboys who attend business meetings and check facebook updates. I say we are better off riding on buffalo backs and returning home to our wife and kids and eating Larb with sticky rice in our wooden shack than going to some gay ass shopping mall to buy some f-ckin prissy tablet sh-t and eat some American hamburgers.

View Profile  
IP Logged

TexasCowboy

I love Laos!

Reply #4 - 25th Jun, 2014 at 12:43am

I thought you were half-Thai half White. I thought you spent most of your life in Thailand.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #5 - 25th Jun, 2014 at 12:44am

No, I said that my mom was Lao. I have lived in Thailand, and I have family members in Isan which is not really Thai anyways. I have never lived in Central Thailand and have no relatives there. I'm from around Pakse, Champassak btw.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Peter
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Somewhere over the rainbow
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #6 - 25th Jun, 2014 at 9:14am

TexasCowboy wrote on 24th Jun, 2014 at 7:09pm:
I've heard nothing but good things about Lao engineering and I was wondering where I can pick up this latest piece of technology.

* sigh * . . .
After all the defending of American intentions I did over the past few days ...

I do hope East Asian countries manage to hold onto their various cultures as much as possible.  The world is better off with more diversity rather than less, as long as there is sufficient compassion and understanding between the various people.

And I'm sure Lao people have a great technical potential.  But I hope they don't mess things up with industry as much as we did for a while and continue to do in some places. 

The local culture and natural environment are precious.

Let us know how that tablet works for you if you manage to get one.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #7 - 25th Jun, 2014 at 12:44pm

Honestly I don't think Laos or any other small country needs to mess with industrialization. Laos should just stick to Gross National Happiness or something like Bhutan. Forget about GDP. It's too small to compete with the rest of the world and if it tried to convert its land for industrial use it would just be destroying precious natural reserves. Laos was better off without those BS hydroelectric dams. Do you know how many villages were flooded?

The Lao government never cared though, all they care about is money. They will exploit their own people for a buck.

I don't think those tribes need electricity anyways. They've been surviving for centuries without it. Why not just leave Laos like Papua New Guinea or Bhutan? I don't get why the government is trying to turn Laos into Thailand or Vietnam. That's just not who Lao people are.

View Profile  
IP Logged

TexasCowboy

I love Laos!

Reply #8 - 25th Jun, 2014 at 5:35pm

I completely agree with you. I mostly made this topic because I found the idea of a Lao tablet preposterous and was hoping to find more information about its production.

Are you in Lao or Thailand or back in the states? We could settle our differences in the ring and use LP as an avenue to advertise. The proceeds from the fight would go to the needy. What is your weight class and what fighting systems do you know? I am willing to challenge in a bout of MMA, muay thai, muay lao, or VN or Western boxing.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #9 - 25th Jun, 2014 at 9:30pm

Was the above post sarcasm or were you serious? Let's just say I have the physical build of typical a Lao person so you are probably way bigger than me and we won't be in the same weight class. Plus, the only combat systems I know are stab stab and run and aim and shoot so I don't think I would do well in a fist fight.  This is not cowardice it's just me acknowledging my own strengths and weaknesses

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #10 - 25th Jun, 2014 at 9:31pm

I'm in the USA now

View Profile  
IP Logged

TexasCowboy

I love Laos!

Reply #11 - 25th Jun, 2014 at 11:08pm

I have nothing against you personally but would love to  fight for a fundraiser.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #12 - 25th Jun, 2014 at 11:19pm

Let's just say that if I did MMA I'd probably be a bantamweight or a flyweight. But I don't train and physically I'm not very short I just don't have a large frame like white people do

View Profile  
IP Logged

TexasCowboy

I love Laos!

Reply #13 - 26th Jun, 2014 at 3:39pm

I'm 5'10" and probably weigh 150 pounds at this point because I haven't been training and I've had a stomach problem for more than two months. I'm hoping my gastrointenstinal issues will heal up soon because I want to train to on another twenty pounds and hopefully participate in some amateur fights in the US or perhaps Cambodia.

The problem with MMA is how fighters will go to great lengths to cut their weight down for the weigh in. Also the American nanny state forbids bareknuckle fights, groin strikes, or eye gouging. Fights to the death are also prohibited even though there are longstanding traditions of dueling going back centuries across the entirety of Eurasia - from England to Japan.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #14 - 26th Jun, 2014 at 9:56pm

Well the eye gouges and groin strike rules are for fighter safety. Fights to the death? Many would consider that brutal but if 2 people agree to it then that's fine with me. More deaths are needed to mitigate global warming. They should make American hipsters fight to the death to cull their population. I've considered training martial arts for practical purposes but I lack both the time and money.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 79143 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 249013 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133239 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69932 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47546 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 74014 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57641 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45455 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 41055 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 34008 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum