Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I want to travel to Yunnan, China from Laos (Read 12957 times)

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
I want to travel to Yunnan, China from Laos
22nd Nov, 2014 at 9:18am

I want to go to the rural areas with nature, among other things. How do I get a visa? I've tried to get into China from Luang Namtha, Lao PDR but they wouldn't let me in because I didn't have a visa.

Is there somewhere in Laos I can go to get one? How does one apply?

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Re: I want to travel to Yunnan, China from Laos
Reply #1 - 22nd Nov, 2014 at 8:55pm

Go to your citizenship country embassy in Lao to get visa. Welcome to Yunnan, I am in Kunming, we can drink beer Lao here.

View Profile  
IP Logged

TexasCowboy
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Outstanding Contribution AwardBest Content Award
Reply #2 - 23rd Nov, 2014 at 10:29pm

Are you in Laos right now? I thought you were working in the states.

Anyways, I imagine you just go to the Chinese embassy in Vientiane and provide the necessary paperwork and they'll process it in a timely manner. It is going to cost you some serious money though because the US and China don't have the best relationship.

If you're in the US then apply for the visa in the US because the cost will be much lower.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Reply #3 - 23rd Nov, 2014 at 11:01pm

I'm in the US, was just wondering.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #4 - 24th Nov, 2014 at 8:47am

That is easy, apply, pay and fly

Buk Nut wrote on 23rd Nov, 2014 at 11:01pm:
I'm in the US, was just wondering.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #5 - 26th Nov, 2014 at 2:29pm

I hope you wont be shocked seeing the minorities jeans around. Monks mostly are from Burma, some local minorities young with tea or rubber plantations are having fun nearly every day in bars. 

but, when you come,leave me a message.  Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #6 - 26th Nov, 2014 at 10:53pm

Peter, I don't even understand that last post.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #7 - 28th Nov, 2014 at 1:26pm

I mean while you were in my hometown where Dai or Tai is majority, you would  find most of them or 70% of them are not the ones you have in your mind set. some are good, very good.  I still remember one of my childhood friends, a Tai, who gave me a bigger than big mango. Now there is no giving, only buying. Incredible world. I need to evolute or revolute Grin Grin Grin

Buk Nut wrote on 26th Nov, 2014 at 10:53pm:
Peter, I don't even understand that last post.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #8 - 28th Nov, 2014 at 2:11pm

I'm fine with that, although buying mangoes is a waste, when you could just plant some mango trees on your property. They take a long time to grow, though.

This is probably because you live in the city. I know for sure it's different in the countryside. Even in Laos, people in the city let me down big time, but I just went back into the countryside to find people that were better suited for me. In the city they're already that way in most of the world, so I don't think I would get too shocked. It's just something you grow to expect.

Why don't I like people in the city, you ask? I don't have any problem with them, some of them are very nice people but they just aren't for me. I don't care about things such as the latest trends, popular music, social media and flashy things. I prefer the solitude and isolation that comes with country life. My only problem is when the trends start flooding into the countryside and leave me with no refuge.

Even in 2013, I was very disappointed with the cities in Laos. There was barely any development but the girls still chose to wear jeans instead of sinh. I was very disgusted with the Lao girls in the city recently, so in 10-20 years do you think anything will change? I already know what to expect, so posting pictures of stupid cars like one user did won't really do anything, as this is a fact I've been well aware of for a long time.

When I'm in Laos I will just stay in the cities upon arrival and then quickly leave to the countryside, where people are different. Sometimes people in the countryside aren't friendly though. Sometimes they don't talk to outsiders at all, and they can even appear to be cold. This is just a random variable.

A lot of people in the countryside of Laos don't even know how to speak Lao, either, because they never attend school, so I can't communicate with them.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78925 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248943 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133189 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69885 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47510 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73982 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57604 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45430 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 41034 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33991 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum