Rent in the province (Read 18614 times)

Conquer
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Rent in the province
24th Mar, 2020 at 11:58am

Hi there
I want to move to Laos. But I want to live like small town, or rural area. How hard is to find a house to rent in small town. I was looking for a 2 bedroom ( I would consider 1 bedroom), but has to be with tiles and brick house. I looked at Pakse area the prices are relative high. What price I'm looking at, and how I go finding house without visiting Laos, because of the current travel situation.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: Rent in the province
Reply #1 - 24th Mar, 2020 at 6:47pm

Laos is a great country to live. The location and the condition of the house are other factors that determine the cost to rent.

You can find some houses in Laos online at:
https://www.dotproperty.la/houses-for-rent

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Conquer
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #2 - 3rd Apr, 2020 at 11:56pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 24th Mar, 2020 at 6:47pm:
Laos is a great country to live. The location and the condition of the house are other factors that determine the cost to rent.

You can find some houses in Laos online at:
https://www.dotproperty.la/houses-for-rent

Thanks for the link. I saw the ads. Many nice places. But the set back is they dont put the date when the ad is posted. Also most of the ads are in Vientiane region. How hard is to find a place to rent, just by asking locals and maybe tuk tuk drivers?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #3 - 5th Apr, 2020 at 3:48am

The ads don't have a date but if the listing is still up then I would assume the house is still available for rent.

Yes unfortunately it looks like they are focusing on rent in the Vientiane region.

Yes the locals may know someone offering rent in the town you want to stay, and Tuk Tuk/Jumbo drivers in particular because they are always driving around town and sometimes rental homes and properties advertised in the area may catch their eyes.

Apartment, guesthouse and hotel owners may have contacts for you too.

Renting an apartment instead of a house is an option because apartments have all the things you need such as kitchen, washing machine and living room, but there may not be any in a small town.

Guesthouses are plentiful around Laos but you will always need to buy food.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Conquer
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #4 - 11th Apr, 2020 at 3:56pm

Ok thanks. I will try that.

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 5th Apr, 2020 at 3:48am:
The ads don't have a date but if the listing is still up then I would assume the house is still available for rent.

Yes unfortunately it looks like they are focusing on rent in the Vientiane region.

Yes the locals may know someone offering rent in the town you want to stay, and Tuk Tuk/Jumbo drivers in particular because they are always driving around town and sometimes rental homes and properties advertised in the area may catch their eyes.

Apartment, guesthouse and hotel owners may have contacts for you too.

Renting an apartment instead of a house is an option because apartments have all the things you need such as kitchen, washing machine and living room, but there may not be any in a small town.

Guesthouses are plentiful around Laos but you will always need to buy food.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Sawer90
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #5 - 7th May, 2020 at 11:32pm

I love rural areas so I understand your desire to move to such a district. At one point I was even thinking of buying land in Koh Samui but later I got married and this wish disappeared from my head for a long time.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 36 285594 Last Post 31st Mar, 2024 at 1:47am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 85649 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 137548 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 74020 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 50833 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77073 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 60442 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 47772 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43014 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 35488 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum