Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Flying the Lao flag (Read 20376 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Flying the Lao flag
19th Mar, 2009 at 1:31am

Laotians are proud of their country and most homes and businesses fly the national flag and communist flag together to show their support and loyalty to their nation.

laopride100.jpg

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Re: Flying the Lao flag
Reply #1 - 12th Mar, 2011 at 10:38am

We sure are! (That red flag needs to go!).

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #2 - 12th Mar, 2011 at 4:12pm

I love Laos but not Commies.
Cool Shocked

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #3 - 12th Mar, 2011 at 4:52pm

I like peace and stability in Laos. There're some progress. But I'm not proud. Because of Commies and Vietnam controlling Lao government for the past 35 year, that's why our country is poor, underdeveloped, lack of good education, health care, jobs and opportunity. Cuba has free health care, and education. Why not Laos? If Commies so great then why communist founding father Russia, and most of the country around the world abandon it. They should replace the red, hammer and sickle with 3 head elephant flag instead. I want to see peace and prosperity uniting  Laos and mighty Lan Xang.
Cool Wink Grin
« Last Edit: 13th Mar, 2011 at 7:57am by llX »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12th Mar, 2011 at 11:21pm

llX wrote on 12th Mar, 2011 at 4:52pm:
I like peace and stability in Laos. There're some progress. But I cannot be proud of that. Because of Commies and Vietnam controlling Lao government for the past 35 year, that's why our country is poor, underdeveloped, lack of good education, health care, jobs and opportunity. Cuba has free health care, and education. Why not Laos? If Commies so great then why communist founding father Russia, and most of the country around the world abandon it. They should replace the red, hammer and sickle with 3 head elephant flag instead. I want to see peace and prosperity uniting mighty Laos Lan Xang.
Cool Wink Grin

I agree with you, but I wish to add that another reason that Laos is under developed and poor is because of all the tons UXO that my country dropped during it's secret war.

Angry 

Maybe someday, I pray, the world (and especially the USA) will help clean up this dark chapter in our shared past.

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #5 - 13th Mar, 2011 at 1:01am

We can't really blame the Americans for that.

It wouldn't be possible to drop bombs on Laos without the "permission" from the old Lao Government. The old Lao Government requested assistance from the US, and they responded.

The UXO cleanup is ongoing so it's better each year.

IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #6 - 13th Mar, 2011 at 2:30pm

Quote:
I like peace and stability in Laos. There're some progress. But I cannot be proud of that. Because of Commies and Vietnam controlling Lao government for the past 35 year, that's why our country is poor, underdeveloped, lack of good education, health care, jobs and opportunity. Cuba has free health care, and education. Why not Laos? If Commies so great then why communist founding father Russia, and most of the country around the world abandon it. They should replace the red, hammer and sickle with 3 head elephant flag instead. I want to see peace and prosperity uniting mighty Laos Lan Xang.
Cool Wink Grin

I agree with you, but I wish to add that another reason that Laos is under developed and poor is because of all the tons UXO that my country dropped during it's secret war.

Angry 

Maybe someday, I pray, the world (and especially the USA) will help clean up this dark chapter in our shared past.

Hi William

Thank for admitted your country have done a lot of harm to our peaceful country. I also congratulate have found a lovely Lao Lady. I hope you all the best and happiness.

The previous Government have also has play a big part of destruction too. Specially The Loyal family. In away,I am glad that the communise took over Laos in 1975. It's also trickle a mash migrant and lift most poor Laotian to have a better life in the third country.

The current government  have done a lot  of good things compare to the previous government. I remember it took 2 days to travel by bus from Vientiane to Savannaketh. right now it only take 6-7 hours. Travel to Luangprabang was 3 days and can only travel on the dry season. only a few school in Vientiane than. but now They are school every where.

I am planing to move back to Laos for my retirement in a few years  time. I certainty don't want any war break out there.

I may not a big friend with this government, but I have to admit they have done so much better that the previous one.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #7 - 13th Mar, 2011 at 8:59pm

US government give Laos $10 million a year to removed UXO. During the war they try to bomb 40,000 Viet Minh, to stop them from invading Laos.
Cool Wink

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 13th Mar, 2011 at 1:01am:
We can't really blame the Americans for that.

It wouldn't be possible to drop bombs on Laos without the "permission" from the old Lao Government. The old Lao Government requested assistance from the US, and they responded.

The UXO cleanup is ongoing so it's better each year.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #8 - 13th Mar, 2011 at 9:11pm

"It's also trickle a mash migrant and lift most poor Laotian to have a better life in the third country."

Good point. Now Laos has time to develop because the country been at peace for the past 35 year. When Royal Lao Government was in power Laos was at war and has no time to development. If war never happen and Royal Lao government was still in power. I think Laos would've been a free states and three time more prosper, modernized then now. I do give the current government credit for opening up the country and trying to moved forward.
Cool Shocked Roll Eyes

Tee wrote on 13th Mar, 2011 at 2:30pm:
Quote:
Cool Wink Grin

Angry 

Hi William

Thank for admitted your country have done a lot of harm to our peaceful country. I also congratulate have found a lovely Lao Lady. I hope you all the best and happiness.

The previous Government have also has play a big part of destruction too. Specially The Loyal family. In away,I am glad that the communise took over Laos in 1975. It's also trickle a mash migrant and lift most poor Laotian to have a better life in the third country.

The current government  have done a lot  of good things compare to the previous government. I remember it took 2 days to travel by bus from Vientiane to Savannaketh. right now it only take 6-7 hours. Travel to Luangprabang was 3 days and can only travel on the dry season. only a few school in Vientiane than. but now They are school every where.

I am planing to move back to Laos for my retirement in a few years  time. I certainty don't want any war break out there.

I may not a big friend with this government, but I have to admit they have done so much better that the previous one.    

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #9 - 13th Mar, 2011 at 11:21pm

I don't think that we can really blame the previous government for the slow travel times from A to B.

In the olden days with conflicts, poor transportation and bad road conditions, you expect that to happen. I'm sure if they were still in power today, it wouldn't take two days to travel from Vientiane to Savannakhet.

The improvement is more to do with a new day and age, everything gets better through time regardless of who is governing Laos.

IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #10 - 14th Mar, 2011 at 5:06am

Well if you look back at the history. There all start from the half blood brother in the Loyal family.after France have give us the independent. The other half lose the power and joining the communise and asking Vietnam for help... and ..the war started.....That why I blamed them...and now they wanted to have the power again....I don't think,they qualify because.of.the blood.... They have to prove to me what they can do........  Most of them are base in France and God know how much money,Gold and art effects belong to Lao people.  that they took with them,before they flee Laos. These including their Generals and Loyal blood politicians.

They do not care about Laos and the people. they just want to have they power back. And I can assure you that, That will ever,going to be...
happens.....

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #11 - 14th Mar, 2011 at 5:46am

Tee wrote on 14th Mar, 2011 at 5:06am:
Well if you look back at the history. There all start from the half blood brother in the Loyal family.after France have give us the independent. The other half lose the power and joining the communise and asking Vietnam for help... and ..the war started.....That why I blamed them...and now they wanted to have the power again....I don't think,they qualify because.of.the blood.... They have to prove to me what they can do........  Most of them are base in France and God know how much money,Gold and art effects belong to Lao people.  that they took with them,before they flee Laos. These including their Generals and Loyal blood politicians.

They do not care about Laos and the people. they just want to have they power back. And I can assure you that, That will ever,going to be...
happens.....

Does this make any sense to anyone? No offense man, but you had me in stitches Grin

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #12 - 14th Mar, 2011 at 5:47am

Larb Dip wrote on 14th Mar, 2011 at 5:46am:

happens.....

Does this make any sense to anyone? No offense man, but you had me in stitches Grin

Especially the last paragraph. The way it just trails...............off. Cheesy

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #13 - 14th Mar, 2011 at 6:04am

Yes, his last paragraph makes sense to me. English is his second language, so it may not be up to scratch, but I know what he meant.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #14 - 14th Mar, 2011 at 6:27pm

Royal Lao family want what is best and democracy for Laos. Democracy will benefits everybody the country and Lao citizens. With democracy Lao people will be in power and run the country. Not commies or Royal Lao family.
Cool Wink

happens.....

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 14237 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 93503 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 296672 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 143091 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 78992 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 54979 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 80825 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 63754 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 50462 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 45339 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum