Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Restaurant at Lao University (Read 22820 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Restaurant at Lao University
18th May, 2009 at 5:45am

Students having lunch at the National University of Laos.

laopride264.jpg

laopride265.jpg

laopride266.jpg

laopride267.jpg

laopride268.jpg

laopride269.jpg

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

LaoguySoCal
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Re: Restaurant at Lao University
Reply #1 - 18th May, 2009 at 12:10pm

Very nice........accept the chairs........they are not good chairs to seat on and relax.  They should have provided better chairs.  I know they want to have more people gather in one table, but the purpose having to eat a meal is to be comfortable and relax.  Thanks for sharing.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #2 - 19th May, 2009 at 12:50am

The chairs in the classrooms are not good either because they mostly wooden chairs.

Most restaurants in Laos have wooden or plastic chairs.

IP Logged

LaoguySoCal

I Love Laos!

Reply #3 - 19th May, 2009 at 3:39am

Just wondering Lao Pride Administrator, are you going to National University? Right now. Or you just walked in there one day and took some of these pictures.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #4 - 19th May, 2009 at 6:38am

No, I work.

The person who took the pictures is a student at the university.

IP Logged

LaoguySoCal

I Love Laos!

Reply #5 - 19th May, 2009 at 6:49pm

I see.........very nice.  Thanks

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Reply #6 - 21st May, 2009 at 1:26am

I like all the real pictures, they really help me understand how it is to actually live there and what daily life is like. I have a friend who goes to that university and she wears that same uniform with a blue tie. So how many students are there in that school and why do some of them wear the darker blue uniforms? What programs are available there?

Speaking of restaurants, when I was there, I did notice that the chairs were simple plastic or wooden chairs, not cuishioned like we are acustomed to here in north america. I think it's easier to clean that way and maintain but not so luxurious but these were at simple street level places. There were some good restaurants in laungprabang that i went to where the food was too good that I didn't care what kind of chair i was in. Maybe someone will come up with a business idea to manufacture and sell restaurant furniture in laos. I have such an entrepreneurial mind, haha.

Do people in laos mind if you take pictures of them like that and post it on the web. I guess they have no choice, hehe. I'm curious where the spy cam will go next, how about the inside of a public washroom in laos?

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #7 - 22nd May, 2009 at 9:29am

I don't know the exact number of people enrolled but there are thousands of students like most universities. Female students must wear dark "sinh" uniforms. There's many courses to choose from, most courses that you can name will be available here.

Laos is a very dusty country so most simple restaurants don't have cushioned chairs, also the restaurant owners can't afford to buy them. You'll find more comfortable chairs in the priciest restaurants. Most Laotians are used to seating on the floor when they have a meal  so they are not too fussed about the chair.

Most people in Laos are don't mind if you take a picture of them, but if you tell them "hey I am going to take a picture of you and post it on the internet" then they may be unhappy about it. Anyone is free to take pictures in Laos, as long as you don't take pictures of places that is prohibited.

IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Reply #8 - 22nd May, 2009 at 7:10pm

What kind of food can I order there at that restaurant? Can I order "lap dip" or "ohm keelek"? What's a hot seller that the students like there. I'm used to eating "pieng seenh" with sticky rice, mmmm.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #9 - 24th May, 2009 at 12:37am

They don't sell those kinds of Lao foods there.

They have mainly simple rice and noodle dishes because it's only a lunch meal for students.

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #10 - 24th May, 2009 at 6:58am

Typical chairs in resturants around Laos.

laopride283.jpg

laopride284.jpg

laopride285.jpg

laopride286.jpg

laopride287.jpg

IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 19th Mar, 2011 at 11:52pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 22nd May, 2009 at 9:29am:
I don't know the exact number of people enrolled but there are thousands of students like most universities. Female students must wear dark "sinh" uniforms. There's many courses to choose from, most courses that you can name will be available here.

Laos is a very dusty country so most simple restaurants don't have cushioned chairs, also the restaurant owners can't afford to buy them. You'll find more comfortable chairs in the priciest restaurants. Most Laotians are used to seating on the floor when they have a meal  so they are not too fussed about the chair.

Most people in Laos are don't mind if you take a picture of them, but if you tell them "hey I am going to take a picture of you and post it on the internet" then they may be unhappy about it. Anyone is free to take pictures in Laos, as long as you don't take pictures of places that is prohibited.

What kind of places should I be careful about taking pictures around.? What is prohibited?

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #12 - 20th Mar, 2011 at 12:44am

Basically wherever it mentions that cameras are not allowed inside. Museums generally have a strict no camera policy.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #13 - 20th Mar, 2011 at 2:51am

I like these unvarnished photos that depict faithfully what Laos is REALLY like at a grassroots level.

I wish there were more. According to the 'clockcards', most of these bygone topics that feature pictures are at least a couple of years old.

Topics with such snapshots should be started and uploaded more frequently. Smiley

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #14 - 20th Mar, 2011 at 8:26am

Nothing changes much in Laos.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 14168 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 93466 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 296649 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 143071 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 78974 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 54962 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 80812 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 63743 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 50453 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 45332 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum