Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Land in Lao$ (Read 19146 times)

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Land in Lao$
14th Sep, 2009 at 10:42pm

Hey guys, just wanted to know what the price of land was like in Laos right now. I know in Vientiane it's getting to be pretty expensive. How much is rent there at an average place. How much is it to stay at some of the guest houses? I am thinking of buying land now before it gets to be overpriced so maybe I can build a house there once I retire. I know you have to be a lao national to buy land, that's not going to be a problem for me. Are there new areas being developed in Laos?

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: Land in Lao$
Reply #1 - 15th Sep, 2009 at 12:12am

The price of land in Vientiane depends where it is located. You will be looking at an average of about $200 US per square metre, just to give you a general idea but there are many factors involved.

$6 or $7 US is the cost for a typical guest house room. It will cost extra with TV and air conditioning.

Foreigners are allowed to buy land, you just can't own it. You have to be a Lao national to own land.

There is an exception. If you plan to pay alot of money (I think the minimum is $300,000 US), they may let the foreigner own it.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #2 - 1st Jan, 2010 at 8:04am

I was born in Laos,but have live in the west for over 30 year. I would like to go back to retired there in my home town(Seno,Savannaketh) Could I own land there? If I could! How and where to get this kind of information?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #3 - 2nd Jan, 2010 at 2:19am

Firstly, we welcome you as a new member of our forum.

As a foreigner, you can't own land anywhere in Laos but there is a way around it. If you have a trustworthy relative living in Laos then you can use their name as the owner of the land, but the land technically still belongs to you.

There's lots of poo sao in Seno and Savannakhet.

IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #4 - 2nd Jan, 2010 at 6:07am

Maybe I should just reclaim my Laos citizenship. How can I do that! as I have told you I was born in Seno and would be nice to live there on my retirement. I would try to help the local to set-up some kind of business to help the local get they local produce to the market. it's something to and keep my mind active while I am in my retirement.

I do appreciate for the PooSao in Seno. I would be with my wife for my duration of my stay in Laos.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #5 - 2nd Jan, 2010 at 8:06am

Being a Lao citizen means you can own land in your name. You need to apply to the Ministry of Justice but it takes time.

Individuals who are not Lao (example: westerner) are required to live in Laos as a permanent resident for a long ten years before they are eligible to apply for Lao citizenship. Given that you were born in Laos and I assume you are of Lao race, the time limit is reduced to five years. You will be required to renounce your current citizenship because Lao law doesn't accept dual citizenship.

I hope you enjoy your retirement in Laos in the near future. Keep your wife happy, and I'm glad you won't follow in the footsteps of Tiger Woods.

IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #6 - 3rd Jan, 2010 at 7:33am

Do you have a name of the office or direct phone number to enquiry about this.Do they have a Retirement visa just like Thailand and Vietnam.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #7 - 3rd Jan, 2010 at 2:00am

The Lao Embassy in your country have all the information you need.

IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #8 - 3rd Jan, 2010 at 10:33am

Trust me! I have try that! by email them,  call them. They do not return your call. when they replied your email they would just sent a Visa applicant to me. that is no help! I guest you have no Answer for me too. Thank for nothing!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #9 - 3rd Jan, 2010 at 11:07am

You need to understand that I am not a Lao immigration officer so my help is limited.

If they are unable to assist you with your enquiry then that is a problem. Contacting the office in Laos by phone would probably be useless too. What I suggest is that you visit Laos on a normal tourist visa, then you can go to visit the office directly to apply for another visa that will suit your situation.

IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #10 - 3rd Jan, 2010 at 11:39am

Thank you for your suggestion! How ever travel over 12 hours just to ask if they is a possibility to get a business visa. that is a very risky business for me. The technology is there to use. If you don't mind help me to get that phone number  I would be appreciated! Thank in advance.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #11 - 3rd Jan, 2010 at 11:08pm

In your case, doesn't matter if takes 100 hours to travel because you are retiring in Laos so you will be here anyway.

I don't see any problem with a tourist visa to begin with, because you don't have a business yet.

I'll see what I can do for you later.

IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #12 - 3rd Jan, 2010 at 11:32pm

Thank you, I always check how deep is the water is,before jump in the river. I hope you understand!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #13 - 5th Jan, 2010 at 3:57am

I didn't get their phone number but I've spoken to them. I've been told that in order to obtain a business visa, you need a relative in Laos to declare for you. When the Embassy receives details of your business from Laos and you've made your payment, they will issue the visa to you.

IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #14 - 5th Jan, 2010 at 4:24am

Thank you for your help! Have a nice day......

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 79331 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 249077 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133269 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69967 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47572 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 74041 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57663 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45477 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 41070 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 34018 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum