Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to get a Business visa ? (Read 22025 times)

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
How to get a Business visa ?
3rd Jan, 2010 at 1:11am

I am planning to retire in Laos. How ever, There isn't any Retirement Visa! I thinking,maybe an investment visa or business visa would be ok. I still have to continue making some income,because I don't know when I going to be gone. it's better start a business while I am there and keep my mind from getting insane. or any of you have any better idea? Welcome your suggestion. 

I have no relatives that I can't trust to set-up Business in their name. Please don't suggest that!

I hear as about 50000 retiree is coming to live in Laos soon. I am sure that is an opportunity there to make some money out of them. I sure that will also bring lot of work for Laotian. these people going to eat and place to stay at least that is on going.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: How to get a Business visa ?
Reply #1 - 3rd Jan, 2010 at 2:24am

You can submit a visa application form to the Lao Embassy along with your payment and they'll issue you the visa. I don't know the cost though.

It's a good idea to have something to do and earn some extra income because if you just travel around, your money will run out.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

laoshu
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

Austria
Reply #2 - 3rd Jan, 2010 at 11:01am

talking about business. what are the high-qualified jobs available in vientiane? i am in the software engineering field.

as i have seen from my travel last year i had the feeling that there is no need yet for software as only few people have a computer at home/business.

what else is needed? is there a job market like monster.com for laos?
i am asking because i was thinking about living and working in laos for a couple of years. so i can learn more about the country/culture.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #3 - 3rd Jan, 2010 at 12:08pm

from what I can see,(last year) the supermarket and department store,would be an idea to go and Coffee shop and Restaurant but all this have to be in small scale. Internet business would have to be Ebay style(Selling local make sin, painting.......) of business but the Post in Laos is unreliable and International Freight company is no way to be seen. I guest they would be too expensive to send.  the only way is to take to NongKhai(Thailand) to send,but I don't know that would have to pay stamp duty  and Tariff to Thai and Laos. unless that Thai and Laos have an agreement not to change each other on the Tariff and stamp duty.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #4 - 3rd Jan, 2010 at 11:15pm

Laoshu, I'm not familiar with high-qualified jobs in Laos. You should get in touch with a company that requires a software engineer. All I know about is selling fruits and veggies on the streets for $5 a day, and foreigners like you are obviously not interested in.  

Tee, you are right about the post office in Laos. It is too slow and unreliable for an eBay-style internet business because people expect to receive their orders quickly.

Sometimes I just send a letter overseas and it takes over a month until the recipient receives it. And when people send their mail to Laos there's no guarantee that we will receive it, believe it or not.

http://www.laogirls.com/what-jobs-can-foreigners-do-in-laos.html

IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #5 - 4th Jan, 2010 at 3:21am

In Case anyone need this detail:
Department of Domestic and Foreign Investment (DDFI), formerly FIMC                              
                             Call:0011 + 856 +21-222 691
Ministry of Foreign Affairs                  

Mr. Somvang                      Call:0011 + 856+21-414 047      

Ministry of Commerce                  

Mr. Thongsi                      Call:0011+856+21-503090                  

Note: I have try all the number above.I still can't get through yet. it's always a busy signal all the time. I guest they probably have only one line!!!!!!!!!                              

View Profile  
IP Logged

laoshu
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

Austria
Reply #6 - 6th Jan, 2010 at 10:21am

Adm i have read the article you mentioned
http://www.laogirls.com/what-jobs-can-foreigners-do-in-laos.html

it is an interesting one. in the article foreign companies are mentioned. do you know how one can find out which foreign companies are operating in laos?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #7 - 6th Jan, 2010 at 11:04pm

There are many foreign companies operating in Laos.

Kolao Group is a Korean operated company in Laos, they make motorbikes and cars with Korean parts. Another foreign company is Oxiana which is Australian owned, they deal with gold mines in Laos. World Vision also has projects in Laos. Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) has a big bank in Vientiane, Thai Airways have offices and our largest shopping centre, the Morning Market Shopping Mall is invested by a Singapore company.

IP Logged

ionela
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #8 - 30th Jun, 2011 at 3:44pm

I have a huge problem getting my tourist visa. Have a friend that got a investor visas and it was really quick , but a tourist visa omg it is a nightmare.

View Profile  
IP Logged

JSEA
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Bangkok
Reply #9 - 8th Jul, 2011 at 1:42am

ionela wrote on 30th Jun, 2011 at 3:44pm:
I have a huge problem getting my tourist visa. Have a friend that got a investor visas and it was really quick , but a tourist visa omg it is a nightmare.

Really? I just showed up at immigration after taking the night train from Bangkok. Paid 1500 baht and got a 30 day tourist visa without any problem...

View Profile  
IP Logged

JSEA
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Bangkok
Reply #10 - 8th Jul, 2011 at 1:43am

laoshu wrote on 3rd Jan, 2010 at 11:01am:
talking about business. what are the high-qualified jobs available in vientiane? i am in the software engineering field.

as i have seen from my travel last year i had the feeling that there is no need yet for software as only few people have a computer at home/business.

what else is needed? is there a job market like monster.com for laos?
i am asking because i was thinking about living and working in laos for a couple of years. so i can learn more about the country/culture.

�

There's already jobstoday.la, which is actually a pretty well designed site. I think I like it more than monster.com actually, it's not as cluttered. You could maybe see if they need web developers if that's in your skillset (I realize SE is not quite the same).

View Profile  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 4561 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 88539 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 292440 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 139773 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 76039 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 52504 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 78548 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 61770 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 48886 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43928 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum