Poll Poll
Question: Do you want to invest your $300,000 in Laos

« Created by: Tee on: 23rd Jan, 2010 at 2:52am »

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
If we could be come Indochina!!!!!!!!!! (Read 8822 times)

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
If we could be come Indochina!!!!!!!!!!
14th Jan, 2010 at 2:39pm

Laos is a land lock country. if Vietnam ,Cambodia and Laos be come Indochina used to be like under the France control and use one currency and Laos will be beneficial the most.
Our export good will free of tariff easily send to Vietnam port. our labour force also be the cheaper in the regent. They will be more investment fund going into Laos.  What do you think?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Re: If we could be come Indochina!!!!!!!!!!
Reply #1 - 17th Jan, 2010 at 2:09am

Sounds good to me, now we can export our hookers without paying the pimp.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Want Laos To Be Independence
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Reply #2 - 17th Jan, 2010 at 7:14am

To become " INDOCHINA "  be a " PATIKAN "  sound better

LLL ( Lao Love Laos )

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee

Laos
Reply #3 - 17th Jan, 2010 at 4:38pm

Generally, having a low currency encourages exports and tourism but reduces your buying power. Laos mostly exports raw materials and natural resources such as: rice, wood, limestones, electricity, opium, etc.. A country that only sells natural resources only makes the gov't rich since they are the ones who own and control that, and in the case of Laos, their gov't doesn't use that money to promote the economy. There is no job creation, there are no new businesses being started, there is no innovation being developed and marketed as "Made in Laos". Have you ever seen anything that says "Made in Laos" being sold here in the west besides a sticky rice basket that they sell in chinatown? I see motorcycles and cars made in china and thailand being sold in Laos. How come Laos can't manufacture anything besides beer lao and silk? They only know how to sell raw materials and i consider beer and silk raw materials cause there is little "manufacturing" in the process. The people need "real jobs" such as construction, build houses/apartments/condo's/retail development. We need to have companies come and start their manufacturing operations in Laos and make use of the "cheap" labour, thus giving the people knowledge and skills, not to mention income. Take a look at the US, japanese automakers want to sell their cars there so the gov't says well you have to manufacture a certain percentage of your cars here in america then, thus creating local jobs, using local industries. If the commies were smart, they would give free land to the Laos people so that they can grow crops, like rice, fruits, veggies, fish farms and export them to neighboring countries that lack agriculture. Then the gov't can tax the exports to gain revenue while the people make an income. Everyone needs to eat and the population keep increasing while food is becoming scarce since no one wants to farm and become like buk dum cause it is looked down upon to be dark. True dat!

You know why I don't like giving money to the people in Laos? All they do is feed their mouths and then wait for the next hand out. You ask them what they did with the money you gave them and they will tell you they bought a phone card or put gas in their motorcycle for a month. Use the money just to live day to day cause there is no other way to make money.

There is only one word to describe all this, "STUPID".
The commies are stupid so the people are kept stupid.
They were stupid 30 years ago, they are still stupid now.
Everyone on this board keeps saying "if laos did this, or that..." well the truth is they don't and they don't know how to cause they are stupid. If you and I know all this and the commies don't, then don't you think they are stupid? After having 30 years of total totalitarian control over a country and its people and still being the poorest nation in that region and receiving foreign aid, don't you think that is stupid?

Do you know why Thai's, Viets, and Chinese look down upon us Lao? Cause they look at our country and think the same thing, how stupid.
Everyone else around them is developing and enjoying life but Laos is like North Korea, living in a prison while watching everyone else have fun.

You ask other asians, where are you from and they say, I'm from Korea. Oh that's where they make hyundai cars and samsung and kimchi. I'm from Japan. Oh that's where they make honda and toyota and nissan and sony and sushi. I'm from Taiwan. Oh that's where they manufacture all the computer parts. I'm from China. Oh that's where they make all the ripped off stuff.

I tell them I'm from Laos and they say, oh that's where the americans went and bombed the hell out of, how stupid.
People reading this might think I am looking down on my own people, but that's the truth, Stupid.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

BorLeumBanGerd
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #4 - 17th Jan, 2010 at 8:36pm

Wow BHK!  You took the words right out of my mouth! Only thing I would say differently, I would ease up on calling my fellow Laotian people STUPID.  Though it may be TRUE, but a lot of that is THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN!

That's one of the communists ideals...KEEP THE PEOPLE STUPID SO THEY WON'T BE A THREAT TO OVERTHROW YOU! When the people become too educated and smarter than the government, they will protest, demonstrate and DEMAND better services and treatment for rights and freedoms.  That's when the communist military comes in and SQUASHES any "threats."

Many of the discussions in this forum only talk about economic and political change or reform. However there is also one KEY factor that also needs to change! This factor is probably the most important and CRITICAL in my opinion, if Laos is truely to move forward as a people and as a country, move away from the STIGMA of being an impoverishly poor and politically corrupt 3rd world country!

In my opinion, this KEY factor is ATTITUDE and/or WAY OF THINKING!

That's right, "Attitude/Way of thinking."  Remember I said previously, communist government ideals KEEP THE PEOPLE STUPID. As a result of this, LAOTIANS are:

-Simple minded,
-Narrow minded,
-Lack moral and ethical principals, even though they know it is wrong they don't exercise good judgement.

-Can Not think openly and freely,
-Are NOT forward thinkers,
-DO NOT think for the GREATER good, ONLY think for themselves
-Can Not think outside the box,
-INTRINSICALLY and INHERENTLY OBEY AUTHORITY (happen during Monarchy and now in communism)
-Attitude of "bor pen yung" again INHERENT and INTRINSIC NATURE OF ALL LAOTIANS
-Don't like change

-**Poo yhai vs. poo noy** When adults/authority speaks, young/poor must do or listen. Poo Yhai (adults) don't like to be corrected by poo noy!

These are just some examples of the CHANGES that need to happen for Laos as a people and a country needs to do. No matter what education they have or where they go to get educated, IF THESE FUNDAMENTAL and INHERENT "NATURE" of Laotians do NOT change, then we will NOT SEE TRUE CHANGE!

For example: We know ADMIN is educated in Australia and HE is the future of LAOS!

But ADMIN attitude about corruption, poverty and prostitution ARE:

About corruption:
>"It happens but nothing we can do about it"

About poverty:
>"Let the government fix all the problems"

About prostitution:
TT said - "girls turn to prostitution because it's the last resort."
ADMIN said >>"TT, there is no last resort. There are jobs if they (girls) are willing to work the hard way and earn a monthly income like other people."

To be fair to ADMIN - I understand HE is one person and HE CAN NOT SPEAK AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT...
but

ADMIN is young, educated and the FUTURE of Laos, but it appears his ATTITUDE is the same! Now if MOST of Laos' young and educated think like ADMIN, WILL LAOS EVER TRUELY CHANGE?

Economic change/progress has been slow, but at the cost of Laos' environment and natural resources and local people.

Political change/reform REGRETFULLY, WILL HAVE TO COME AT THE COST OF HUMAN LIFE. There are many in Laos, who want TRUE democracy, civil rights, freedom of speech, freedom to gather and protest/demand the government do more to help the people.

But we all know THOSE WHO SPEAK UP/SPEAK OUT are PUNISHED!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #5 - 17th Jan, 2010 at 11:30pm

I am agree with you all...Laos is the only country in the South-East Asian. Every thing that make in Laos will never be exported cheap.(Transport by air is too expensive)if we can access to a Port. we can export it cheap. True that we have a cheap labour,but we don't have a metality to work hard like other country work force. rack of training and Attitute of "bo pen yan loug"  If only Laos government can ask they mate in Vietnam to give them that access to the port that will be a big boot to investment in Laos.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #6 - 18th Jan, 2010 at 12:54am

BorLeumBanGerd, Firstly, I am a girl. Secondly, I was born and educated in Laos. And finally, Laos is changing for the better.

We appreciate your input on Lao affairs, but it's in my best interests to not comment further.      Lips Sealed

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #7 - 18th Jan, 2010 at 2:31am

Hi Admin,

I don't want to jeopardise your situation,I do hope when they read this forum and take lesson and use some of the Idea to make Laos better equip when making a deal with those Foreigner in the future.

In the west we discuss about each other idea and urgue about it and make change if neccessary and still be able to eat in the same table after the urguement.  When people don't agree with you, we don't kill them or put them in any harm way. you just convince them that you idea is better.

View Profile  
IP Logged

BorLeumBanGerd
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #8 - 18th Jan, 2010 at 3:19am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 18th Jan, 2010 at 12:54am:
BorLeumBanGerd, Firstly, I am a girl. Secondly, I was born and educated in Laos. And finally, Laos is changing for the better.

We appreciate your input on Lao affairs, but it's in my best interests to not comment further.      Lips Sealed

ADMIN:

I apologize.  I meant no disrespect. I go so caught up in what I was writing and forgot you are a WOMAN.  "Kor tote"!

About my comments:

I am ONLY saying what is already known or common knowledge to Laotian people. THERE IS NO LIE and NOTHING IS MADE UP!  It was NOT intended to insult or offend. As a Laotian myself in USA, I have seen all that I commented, simple minded and narrow minded, who lack education, social skills, especially from the SOME of the older generations who are having difficulty living by some of the American way of life.  I emphasize SOME!  

As I understand it, THIS IS AN OPEN FORUM FOR DISCUSSION ABOUT CURRENT ISSUES and PROBLEMS in Laos.  I, adding to comments by BUK HOO KEE, am just stating the facts. If we CAN NOT ACCEPT THE FACTS, THEN WE ARE LYING TO OURSELVES AND LIVING A LIFE OF LIES.

What's the point of having a FORUM such as Laopride.com if we CAN'T DISCUSS REAL ISSUES?  

Am I wrong about ATTITUDE?  Laos can bring in all the foreign investments they want, but from a PEOPLE perspective, If people's FUNDAMENTAL attitudes and way of thinking don't change, then all we have is economic and technological progress.

I can certainly understand your position, that you can NOT comment any further. Again please understand my point, THIS IS AN OPEN FORUM FOR DISCUSSION ABOUT CURRENT ISSUES and PROBLEMS.

If discussions like this are upsetting or offensive, then as the admin maybe you should prevent them from being posted. Just a thought?

The fact of the matter, at the end of the day ADMIN, me, you, Tee, Independence, Buk Hoo Kee, WE ALL WANT LAOTIANS TO HAVE A BETTER LIFE, FOR LAOS TO HAVE DEMOCRACY AND FREEDOMS, FOR LAOS TO PROGRESS LIKE THE REST OF THE MODERN WORLD.

Am I wrong?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Want Laos To Be Independence
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

FREEDOM FIGHTER

Reply #9 - 18th Jan, 2010 at 3:45am

Oh man, Just can't handle the truth. Truth hurt sometimes; learn how to live with it......I guess they asked us(Lao-American-Patikan)to leave their website.......

To BLBG, BHK, TT.....( all the western members) leave now or else...

I don't think they can't face with the fact we had represented to them, Its hurt their feeling, I knew these for sure, just like we have had to borrowed their knife and stab theirs own ass...Its hurt...

I am really sorry guys I had created all BS up with many tatics; we had to used it to make them to understanding us; we are not their enemy, all we want is to help the poors to stand up on their own feet; that all...We shown love but they shown hatre.....

I am signing out....Good luck to all of you,
   LLL( Lao Love Laos ) Not KKK
PS, Hay Tee I still can eat with you in the same table..mate

Power to the people
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #10 - 18th Jan, 2010 at 4:03am

Sabaidee Tee. The West is the West, and Asia is Asia. Sometimes nothing makes sense but that's how the world revolves around us.

BorLeumBanGerd, It is okay. You are allowed to discuss real issues. At no stage did I say that your post is unacceptable or offensive. All I am trying to say is that I personally won't become actively involved in any negative discussions about Laos. However, we don't have any problems with our members contributing their thoughts and ideas about Laos and its' people.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #11 - 18th Jan, 2010 at 4:46am

I have a dream...that one day. current government will let us the people educate in the west.....to govern  the country and free of intimidate from the government. all we need is 5 years They will see the different! and I am sure the people will never want to go back to the same system again. 
Independence there is no hard feeling betwen me and you. I sometime over reacted on some point you were make. I hope you do forgive me. And I have to be careful of what I say...I still want to visit Laos and hopefully oneday I can retire there! Maybe one day we all can set down in the same table and have my favourite Laos dish "Kan Non Mai"

Maybe some of you should set up a Blog and continue our discussion in another blog..I will more than happy to join in!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee

Laos
Reply #12 - 21st Jan, 2010 at 2:22am

I actually like posting this stuff on here cause this site is straight out of Laos and I hope the commies read this and FEAR ME! haha...

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Worthless Laotian Refugee
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #13 - 22nd Jan, 2010 at 7:13pm

I believed this site is belong to" The Lao Commie Govt"........

Need to beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are not friendly

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee

Laos
Reply #14 - 22nd Jan, 2010 at 11:13pm

If I give them $300k I wonder if they will be my friend then.

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 36 281668 Last Post 31st Mar, 2024 at 1:47am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 85111 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 137122 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 73631 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 50499 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 76776 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 60153 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 47538 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 42823 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 35345 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum