Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Laos politics (Read 53487 times)

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Re: Laos politics
Reply #30 - 4th Mar, 2011 at 11:33pm

llX wrote on 4th Mar, 2011 at 5:01pm:
Life must be tough for you. In America if you work hard and spend less that's how you have money. But some make more spend more. Most are doing well some are not. Many Lao-America are hard worker, and  driving nice car, nice house living the American dream. Many Lao-American I know are also doing well.
Cool

Tee wrote on 4th Mar, 2011 at 11:11am:
llX wrote on 4th Mar, 2011 at 7:51am:
If giving and opportunity. Whatever you can do Lao can do it too. Why are Lao-American, Lao- Australia, Lao-Canada, Lao-French doing well with good jobs and good education? because they has better opportunity.

Many Viet want to come to Laos because they're overpopulated and poorer, but you can't let every in. No country in the world allow illegal immigrant to overrun their country.
Cool

Really! I haven't see or hear they are doing that well. Most of the Laos doing well that living in the third country are either have Chinese,Vietnamese,kmong and Thai dum origin or parent. Most of Laos Lum aren't doing that well! by the way....as matter in fact..a lot of them are in the Gang related crime. Why! Most of Laos Lum don't give a hood about they kids education. Most of them work 8 hours and 3 hours travelling to and from work. on the weekend the Dad will set with other dad drinking alcohol or day dreaming about how to spend their money when they won the Loto. The Mom will sit with other Mom in the round table plying they Tam Dang(Play card)

But other Lao will work and take exactly the same time to travel and from work as Lao lum. but When they got home they either bring their work with them or will have another part-time work. by the time they got home will be midnight. and they will make sure they cook for their kid the next day meal and on the weekend. they will work part-time in the restaurant or market. Why do they want to do work so hard...Firstly they will make sure they buying their own home and than they kids education.

Only Hard work and education can help Laos get out the poverty. Than the opportunity will come and follow with the wealth and than freedom.....

Life was hell for the first 5 years, when I got here. only speak a few word of English. I have got over that now.I'm running a Consulting business that I love to do.a family that love me. I have only a house,not a castle. A car that most people can afford to drive.I am just over 50 years young.I am happy and I still studying part-time to educate my self and keeping up with the changing world.

Driving a nice car and having a big house in a nice area it doesn't mean they own it. there are Mortgage and car load to be pay each month plus the credit card. most of these people are paying just the minimum payment over 2 years. That is crazy.Credit card interest rate is the higher.

How ever, I am happy for you that you have done well for you self.but I still insist that Lao Lum people are like to chose the easy way out. Maybe that is the culture or maybe just a laziness.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #31 - 5th Mar, 2011 at 3:11am

I agree with Tee on this issue. I know alot of Lao people who are content to just sit on welfare than make a legitimate living. Can you really blame them though? Most - if not all - of these refugees were peasants or direct descendants of some. What would they know about standing on their own feet, where in Laos the workload is shared between the whole family. Even if you have no food to eat, you know that you can eat at your Aunty's/Brother's house (usually next door).
In western countries, I think the government has taken on the role of the extended family, in the sense that they "know" that what ever happens, they won't starve because they have something to fall back on. With this "security" the "peasants" can now focus their energies on other lucrative ways to increase their standard of living: GAMBLING!
Tak-teh, dam-dang, pok-deng, gehr, high-low, mahk-pohn (petanque).
You name it. They play it. I don't think it's as Tee says: "just a laziness"; but rather "just a mentality". Until that changes, then nothing will.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #32 - 5th Mar, 2011 at 4:16am

You heard from people. Have you ever been to America before. I'm a factory worker but also got nice house, car and boat. Yes I make payment. Per capita income here is $47,000 a year. If you are low income you can get help from government with education, health care, food and housing. There is equity here if you can buy nice house and car so can I. That's what keep the economy going. People make money and spend. People get into trouble when they spend more then what they make. It's how you manage your money. If you work hard you can make it. America is land of opportunity.

Tee wrote on 4th Mar, 2011 at 11:33pm:
llX wrote on 4th Mar, 2011 at 5:01pm:
Life must be tough for you. In America if you work hard and spend less that's how you have money. But some make more spend more. Most are doing well some are not. Many Lao-America are hard worker, and  driving nice car, nice house living the American dream. Many Lao-American I know are also doing well.
Cool

Tee wrote on 4th Mar, 2011 at 11:11am:
llX wrote on 4th Mar, 2011 at 7:51am:
If giving and opportunity. Whatever you can do Lao can do it too. Why are Lao-American, Lao- Australia, Lao-Canada, Lao-French doing well with good jobs and good education? because they has better opportunity.

Many Viet want to come to Laos because they're overpopulated and poorer, but you can't let every in. No country in the world allow illegal immigrant to overrun their country.
Cool

Really! I haven't see or hear they are doing that well. Most of the Laos doing well that living in the third country are either have Chinese,Vietnamese,kmong and Thai dum origin or parent. Most of Laos Lum aren't doing that well! by the way....as matter in fact..a lot of them are in the Gang related crime. Why! Most of Laos Lum don't give a hood about they kids education. Most of them work 8 hours and 3 hours travelling to and from work. on the weekend the Dad will set with other dad drinking alcohol or day dreaming about how to spend their money when they won the Loto. The Mom will sit with other Mom in the round table plying they Tam Dang(Play card)

But other Lao will work and take exactly the same time to travel and from work as Lao lum. but When they got home they either bring their work with them or will have another part-time work. by the time they got home will be midnight. and they will make sure they cook for their kid the next day meal and on the weekend. they will work part-time in the restaurant or market. Why do they want to do work so hard...Firstly they will make sure they buying their own home and than they kids education.

Only Hard work and education can help Laos get out the poverty. Than the opportunity will come and follow with the wealth and than freedom.....

Life was hell for the first 5 years, when I got here. only speak a few word of English. I have got over that now.I'm running a Consulting business that I love to do.a family that love me. I have only a house,not a castle. A car that most people can afford to drive.I am just over 50 years young.I am happy and I still studying part-time to educate my self and keeping up with the changing world.

Driving a nice car and having a big house in a nice area it doesn't mean they own it. there are Mortgage and car load to be pay each month plus the credit card. most of these people are paying just the minimum payment over 2 years. That is crazy.Credit card interest rate is the higher.

How ever, I am happy for you that you have done well for you self.but I still insist that Lao Lum people are like to chose the easy way out. Maybe that is the culture or maybe just a laziness.  

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #33 - 5th Mar, 2011 at 5:56am

No, I am not just hear it,but experience it my self. I have been to USA 6 times. I also have Sister living in Salt lake city and brother who live in Seattle. American Welfare System isn't as good as Australia and NZ. When people unemployed we give them enough money to live on. also the medical bill is free as long as it take. if you looking to upgrade your skills that also will be pay by the government too. but our Tax is a lot higher. Exchange for the peaceful society,I think is worth it. Right now we have 5% people unemployed. and about 12 million in the work force.about 6.5 Million are retiree.Not bad at all for a nation only have 21 million.

Since subprime mortgage crisis in the USA. American hasn't doing that well. borrow from china $14.66 trillion in 2010. I am afraid that will take a long time just to pay it off. I wish you all the luck......

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #34 - 5th Mar, 2011 at 7:57am

Welcome to Capital American. The population is 300 million if government give everybody nice unemployment check and free health care then they'll be more broke. It's nice that Australia, New Zealand has nice benefits. That will help but also encourage other not to look for jobs. When they can stay home and collect a nice unemployment check. US know what they're doing. They're world superpower and largest economy in the world not Australia or New Zealand.
Cool

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #35 - 5th Mar, 2011 at 8:22am

Health care should be free regardless. Is that not why we pay taxes? The problem with privitized health care is that the companies run a monopoly, are able to charge patients what THEY deem is appropriate and they also have the power to veto anyone, anytime, anywhere. Now, with health care in the hands of the state, it keeps everyone honest. Doctors & nurses all know how much their salaries are worth well before the fact. Almost every medication is subsidized. This also ensures that people enter the profession for the right reasons and not just to get "paid".

In the heat of the bird-flu epidemic, did you guys have to pay for Tamiflu? Because we got ours FREE, only if you request it though.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #36 - 5th Mar, 2011 at 8:27am

I agreed with you about the health care. American is the only developed country that don't have universal health care. There are many health care scam and fraud too. I think we got flue shot for free, but I didnt need one. They can't give a away free health care to everybody. Rich pay for it but poor get free health care. Overall I think American is still the best place to live. I never live in Australia and New Zealand before so I don't know.
Cool
« Last Edit: 6th Mar, 2011 at 3:10am by llX »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #37 - 5th Mar, 2011 at 8:39am

My family almost went to America too (1988). Glad we didn't (no offense).
How long have you been there? And how long were you in the refugee camps, bro? (My old man was only there for 2 or so years. Not that long compared to some people I know who wasted nearly 20 years of their lives, but these guys were straight-up Patikan).

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #38 - 5th Mar, 2011 at 12:28pm

llX wrote on 5th Mar, 2011 at 7:57am:
Welcome to Capital American. The population is 300 million if government give everybody nice unemployment check and free health care then they'll be more broke. It's nice that Australia, New Zealand has nice benefits. That will help but also encourage other not to look for jobs. When they can stay home and collect a nice unemployment check. US know what they're doing. They're world superpower and largest economy in the world not Australia or New Zealand.
Cool

Remember! no one will be at the top for ever, The higher you are the harder the fall will be. From what I can see..The tide has change and right now Every one is looking at China and India. They both have Nuke capabilities,wealth and  men power. American have advance weapons, but it's suck in ground combat. Just looking at Vietnam war,Iraq war and now Afghanistan. Al Qaeda leading man until now there is no way to be seen. Don't forget most of terrorist were being trained by CIA including Al Qaeda. CIA department should be resolve completely. they haven't done a single thing right, since the Vietnam. war.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #39 - 6th Mar, 2011 at 3:15am

China is coming up, but will US let them. War in Korea can break out any minute now. I don't agreed with every US foreign policy, but Im not a politicians. Those in authority of power make a decision.
Cool Huh

Tee wrote on 5th Mar, 2011 at 12:28pm:
llX wrote on 5th Mar, 2011 at 7:57am:
Cool

Remember! no one will be at the top for ever, The higher you are the harder the fall will be. From what I can see..The tide has change and right now Every one is looking at China and India. They both have Nuke capabilities,wealth and  men power. American have advance weapons, but it's suck in ground combat. Just looking at Vietnam war,Iraq war and now Afghanistan. Al Qaeda leading man until now there is no way to be seen. Don't forget most of terrorist were being trained by CIA including Al Qaeda. CIA department should be resolve completely. they haven't done a single thing right, since the Vietnam. war.    

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #40 - 6th Mar, 2011 at 4:45am

True..but you have your say over it every 5 years right! unless you never vote.....

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #41 - 7th Mar, 2011 at 6:47am

I don't supported war in Iraq. Afghanistan is where the terrorist is at. We votes for president every 4 year, Senator every 6 year and House of Representatives every 2 year.
Cool Smiley

Tee wrote on 6th Mar, 2011 at 4:45am:
True..but you have your say over it every 5 years right! unless you never vote.....

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #42 - 8th Mar, 2011 at 8:42am

UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE AND ITS BENEFITS (This article is essential):

Aria MacDonald

Aria is an amazing four year old little girl from Manurewa, Auckland, New Zealand.  Aria received her gift of life on the 6th of February 2010, a small bowel, kidney, liver and pancreas transplant at the Nebraska Medical Center, in Omaha, USA.  Sadly the new intestine has rejected and Aria was relisted on the organ transplant list on the 27th of April 2010.  Aria received her 2nd gift of life on Mothers Day 9th May 2010.

Aria’s story begins after birth when she was diagnosed with a very rare condition of the bowel known as total intestinal aganglionosis or total Hirschsprung’s disease. There is no cure and it means she will never be able to digest food.

Total intestinal aganglionosis is where there are no nerves cell throughout the entire bowel to squeeze the food along to be digested. Hirschsprungs is common where a portion of the bowel contains no nerves and can be fixed by removing the effected portion of bowel and reconnecting the healthy remaining bowel. Aria’s form of the disease means this is not an option because there is no healthy bowel.

This news was devastating to her parents Hamish and Anita who were told that nothing could be done to save their baby. It looked like the end of the journey for Aria but really it was the start of something amazing. Dear friends visited the next day and brought hope. That hope was the possibility of a bowel transplant and also the idea of Aria going home on TPN (total parental nutrition).

Aria has now lives at home with Mum and Dad and receives her ‘food’ thru her Hickman line in her shoulder directly into her blood stream. She also has a gastrostomy that drains her stomach of the bile that has no where to go.

Life is not straight forward however. Aria faces the threat of line infections as bugs can easily get into Aria’s blood stream thru her Hickman line. Connecting her to TPN each night must be done under sterile conditions to avoid this. TPN is also very hard on the liver. For babies that live only on TPN the risk of liver failure is high leading to death.  Up until December 2008 Aria had perfect liver numbers but now her liver is struggling.

There is also a problem with Aria’s kidneys.  Her condition is because of a genetic flaw in her DNA which has also caused her kidneys to be unusually small.  This causes abnormal kidney function as her small kidneys are struggling to keep up with her growth.  Because of this she will also need a kidney transplant.
Bowel Transplant

Aria’s only hope of long term survival and a chance to eat rests in small bowel, liver, pancreas and kidney transplant.  These organs have come from a single child donor whose family made a brave and difficult decision to donate life at a desperately terrible time.  This operation is not done in NZ or Australia but the best place is America with the cost of $1-$2 million US dollars. It is still a risky operation but the odds of survival are getting better as advances in medical knowledge continue.

Her family and friends are busy fundraising  for the cost of living in America with no income for 1-2 years.  The NZ Government/tax payer is covering the cost of Aria’s medical care and accommodation.  Please consider some of the many ways in which you can help out or support Aria and her family.

Aria is a bright smiley little girl who handles the trials in her life amazingly well. Her life is a precious gift from God who is taking the MacDonald family on a journey according to His great purposes.

This operation is not done in NZ or Australia but the best place is [color=#ff0000]America
with the cost of
$1-$2 million US dollars.
[/color]

[color=#ff0000]The NZ Government/tax payer
is covering the cost of Aria’s medical care and accommodation.
[/color]

Now how do you feel about universal healthcare
Tee?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #43 - 8th Mar, 2011 at 8:44am

Sorry not Tee, but Love Laos.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #44 - 12th Mar, 2011 at 4:05am

In America if you can't afford to pay for the health care most Likely the government will help you. Universal health care is for socialist.
Cool Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 14237 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 93503 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 296672 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 143091 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 78992 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 54979 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 80825 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 63754 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 50462 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 45339 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum