Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Where to purchase a 'good' map of Vientiane? (Read 5498 times)

PEACE
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

DIN FAR
Where to purchase a 'good' map of Vientiane?
10th Mar, 2011 at 11:15pm

Does anyone know of a website? Not the 'hobo' map.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: Where to purchase a 'good' map of Vientiane?
Reply #1 - 11th Mar, 2011 at 2:07am

My English is poor. I don't know what you mean by: not the hobo map.

I notice that people generally have an interest in Vientiane. Whether it's planning to live, retire, work or start a business. Is there any particular reason why cities like Luang Prabang and Pakse are not so appealing?

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #2 - 11th Mar, 2011 at 3:22am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 11th Mar, 2011 at 2:07am:

I notice that people generally have an interest in Vientiane. Whether it's planning to live, retire, work or start a business. Is there any particular reason why cities like Luang Prabang and Pakse are not so appealing?

Are you serious? Have you even been to these cities? They both have a rustic feel about them. Vientiane is the most modern in Laos. When coming from a foreign country, most people usually don't want to demote in class to become peasants. They want to be where the "action" is. The other two cities have an "ancient' feel about them. Maybe that's why Vientiane is the place to be.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #3 - 11th Mar, 2011 at 4:33am

Vientiane is my first priority to start up a business base on the fact that money is betterly recycle throughout all sectors in Vientiane than in Luang Prabang, Pakse or Savannaket.

When I google for 'maps in Vientiane', I see mainly 'hobo map' of Vientiane - a cartoonish looking map of the city indicating what the city has to offer for tourists (locations of Wats, embassies, memorials ..... etc) which is a perfectly good map to use.  What I want is a 'Rand McNally-like' map of Vientiane.  I do not think Lao officials have not created anything like this yet.  Google Earth map is OK for right now though.

Exactly- there is more money in Vientiane than any other Lao cities.

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #4 - 11th Mar, 2011 at 4:41am

Luang Prabang looks more serene than Vientiane as I have looked at pictures posted on the web.  LP has a very abrupt topography around the city with mountains from all directions.  LP would be a better city to visit or retire.  I have not been back to Laos since I left her 32 years ago.  I will go back 'home' in the near future.

Larb Dip wrote on 11th Mar, 2011 at 3:22am:

Are you serious? Have you even been to these cities? They both have a rustic feel about them. Vientiane is the most modern in Laos. When coming from a foreign country, most people usually don't want to demote in class to become peasants. They want to be where the "action" is. The other two cities have an "ancient' feel about them. Maybe that's why Vientiane is the place to be.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #5 - 11th Mar, 2011 at 11:24am

I have been to those cities, and I must admit that I don't want to live there.

There are many tourists in Luang Prabang because it's a world heritage centre of Laos.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 6004 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 89312 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 293018 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 140252 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 76461 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 52879 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 78886 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 62071 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 49130 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 44147 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum