Poll Poll
Question: Judy Garland needs to go! Yes or No?

Yes!    
  2 (16.7%)
No    
  8 (66.7%)
I can live with it    
  2 (16.7%)
I'm too scared to say so    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 12
« Created by: Larb Dip on: 12th Mar, 2011 at 10:48pm »

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Judy Garland needs to be shown the door! (Read 12477 times)

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Judy Garland needs to be shown the door!
12th Mar, 2011 at 10:48pm

This 'site has lost it's sway (with me anyway). The monotony is getting at me. The welcoming-comittee needs to be about more "Laopride". That departed woman needs to go! Until this is rectified, I will revert to my voyeurism activities. There's not enough members to really get a debate going.

Back to "asiasfinest.com" for me. For now.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Re: Judy Garland needs to be shown the door!
Reply #1 - 12th Mar, 2011 at 11:04pm

No disrespect, but I see no reason why the Administrator should take down that section of the forum. It is separate and causes no real distraction to issues about Laos. I am not a Garland fan (my late father was) yet, since you put it to a vote, I voted. I will let the rest of the members and the owner of the site decide Judy's fate.

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #2 - 13th Mar, 2011 at 12:26am

Larb Dip, It is entirely up to you where you want to go, and there are billions of websites out there for you to choose from.

The real issue here is about Laos, as William pointed out.

Issues about Judy Garland is on a different section of the forum. You don't like her? No problem, then don't go there.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Old Man
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 14th Mar, 2011 at 1:46am

It's somewhat silly to propose removing threads that have no interest to you and which you presumably never visit.  You don't have to read and comment on every single thing on the board.

For myself, I'm trying to remember the words of a song 'Judy G' that I used to sing in British folk clubs. It was written by a friend of mine, and he used to introduce it by saying: "This is a song about a lady called 'Frances Ethel Gumm', better known as..................Judy Garland.

If I finally remember all the words (forgot all the chords already), I'll post it in the Judy Garland section.

Now there you go - instead of removing Judy, you've got us talking about her. Grin

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #4 - 14th Mar, 2011 at 3:34am

Quote:
It's somewhat silly to propose removing threads that have no interest to you and which you presumably never visit.  You don't have to read and comment on every single thing on the board.

For myself, I'm trying to remember the words of a song 'Judy G' that I used to sing in British folk clubs. It was written by a friend of mine, and he used to introduce it by saying: "This is a song about a lady called 'Frances Ethel Gumm', better known as..................Judy Garland.

If I finally remember all the words (forgot all the chords already), I'll post it in the Judy Garland section.

Now there you go - instead of removing Judy, you've got us talking about her. Grin

What "threads" are you rambling on about 'old man'? I was talking about those ancient black-and-white polaroids adorned on the top of EVERY page. As far as visiting the actual "thread" concerning the late starlet, the thought never actually crossed my mind to eavesdrop on what other members feel for the deceased woman. Dimentia may have already crept up on you. (Read the question again, if you still don't get it, you might want to go back to Britain and get "professional" help). But don't worry, my friend, considering that you reside in our beloved Laos, you're safe. Everybody's friends over there, if you hadn't noticed already. (I even have a supporter, mate. Unlike me, that member has chosen to remain anonymous).

Now that I have your attention, it's your turn to respond in regards to the debate we had the other day in the "Vientiane development and modernization" thread. The Admin' can respond too.
ALL THIS OPTIMISM IS KILLING ME!

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #5 - 14th Mar, 2011 at 5:51am

Thank you for your opinion, but that's twice I had to remove your "heroin" reference to Judy Garland. She took prescription drugs, and at no point in her life did she take anything illegal.

I don't mind your opinions, but any disrespect towards her won't be tolerated, (now I feel like a teacher). Thanks in advance for your understanding.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #6 - 14th Mar, 2011 at 6:32am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 14th Mar, 2011 at 5:51am:
Thank you for your opinion, but that's twice I had to remove your "heroin" reference to Judy Garland. She took prescription drugs, and at no point in her life did she take anything illegal.

I don't mind your opinions, but any disrespect towards her won't be tolerated, (now I feel like a teacher). Thanks in advance for your understanding.

I think it is YOU that has misunderstood "nang!". So for the sake of our friendship, I will the be teacher here and take you back to school!
The word that you have manually blacklisted is in fact something entirely unrelated to what you already have percieved in your mind. The word that was indeed changed is in fact very apt to your idol, the late Judy Garland. Here is the definition, posted verbatim:

*heroine*
1. A woman noted for courage and daring action.
2. A woman noted for special achievement in a particular field.
3. The principal female character in a
novel, poem, or dramatic presentation

Notice that this word has the vowel "e" at the end? Okay, "nang", now here is the word that you THOUGHT was entered on my behalf:

*heroin*
A white, odorless, bitter crystalline compound, C17H17NO(C2H3O2)2, that is derived from morphine and is a highly addictive narcotic. Also called diacetylmorphine.

Notice that this word is one letter shorter than the first?

I think YOU owe ME an apology! But, because we are FRIENDS, I am willing to let this slide! Don't even worry about it "nang", it has already faded into oblivion. Wink

Incase you refuse to take your FRIEND at his word, here is where I got the definition from: http://www.thefreedictionary.com

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #7 - 14th Mar, 2011 at 6:39am

Obviously you don't know me as well as thought. I'm not as childish as you probably think I am. To call someone an illicit drug isn't how I operate. Have a nice day. Smiley

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #8 - 14th Mar, 2011 at 7:14am

I know the difference between the two words. I saw you wrote "heroin", either you're twisting your story or mispelt it, but I'll accept it was the latter because I can see some spelling errors in your recent posts.

It is okay, just a misunderstanding and I don't think you're childish. You're a very intelligent person and I can accept that you don't idolise Judy Garland, but you should accept that others do, and let them honor her memory.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #9 - 14th Mar, 2011 at 8:21am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 14th Mar, 2011 at 7:14am:
I know the difference between the two words. I saw you wrote "heroin", either you're twisting your story or mispelt it, but I'll accept it was the latter because I can see some spelling errors in your recent posts.

It is okay, just a misunderstanding and I don't think you're childish. You're a very intelligent person and I can accept that you don't idolise Judy Garland, but you should accept that others do, and let them honor her memory.

You can tell the whole world what you wan't, but you and I know who's right!
Talking about
'spelling errors"
, here's one for the whole world to see:
'I saw you wrote "heroin"'
. It seem your grammar isn't as "impeccable" as I once thought.
"either you're twisting your story or mispelt it"
. The fact that you don't sound certain only solidifies my side of the story, too.
If you really want to 'save face', then
"sabahn"
, here and now. Considering that it was "rectified" twice, you should have no problems remebering which word I used, then, shouldn't you?

The fact that you tried to contort this to save your own face, is quite disturbing to say the least "nang". I thought you had more class than that!

I'm going to sleep all this "heat" off, and hope that no grudges are held. Good night! FRIEND!

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #10 - 14th Mar, 2011 at 8:37am

I can see at least three spelling errors in your first post. And according to our log files, you also had heroin. That's now at least four spelling errors, but you had the second spelling correct.

Please forget about it, and lets put our focus back on Laos because Judy Garland issues doesn't belong in this section. No grudges held, sleep well and enjoy your new day.

IP Logged

Old Man
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 14th Mar, 2011 at 9:39pm

Larb Dip wrote on 14th Mar, 2011 at 3:34am:
Now that I have your attention, it's your turn to respond in regards to the debate we had the other day in the "Vientiane development and modernization" thread. The Admin' can respond too.
ALL THIS OPTIMISM IS KILLING ME!

I believe I posted on that thread since you did, although I didn't respond to your assertions there.  I joined this forum to get and give information about Laos, not to get into pointless arguments with other members that do nobody any good whatsoever.

Getting into, and starting, pointless arguments seems to be more your kind of thing.

But I'm not going to argue about it. Wink

IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 15th Mar, 2011 at 6:24am

Wow. I have nothing else to say, just "wow."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 5889 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 89251 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 292963 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 140213 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 76427 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 52850 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 78860 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 62048 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 49109 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 44131 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum