Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Lao girls in a traditional outfit (Read 91425 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Lao girls in a traditional outfit
31st Mar, 2011 at 8:43am

Four beautiful Lao women showcase their beauty and class in a traditional Lao dress with matching top.

laogirls-in-traditional-outfit.jpg

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Re: Lao girls in a traditional outfit
Reply #1 - 31st Mar, 2011 at 11:11am

Hi Admin

By any chance we can see you in this out fit! Come on guys...we should all send in the request ! Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

DIN FAR
Reply #2 - 31st Mar, 2011 at 11:31am

I agree. Do we have to beg Shocked?
Tee wrote on 31st Mar, 2011 at 11:11am:
Hi Admin

By any chance we can see you in this out fit! Come on guys...we should all send in the request ! Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #3 - 31st Mar, 2011 at 5:56pm

I don't wear this outfit very often. And it's not right to beg, when none of our forum members from a Lao ethnic background have displayed their picture.

Lao students receive their Cutting Edge workbook

lao-female-students-1.jpg

lao-female-students-2.jpg

lao-female-students-3.jpg

lao-female-students-4.jpg

IP Logged

Old Man
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 31st Mar, 2011 at 7:31pm

Is that (Cutting Edge) the series you used to help you learn English?

lao-female-students-3.jpg

I don't think so.

So how did you learn English? Your English is not only way better than any of the ethnic Lao who post on this forum and who live in the U.S., New Zealand, etc., it's also better than anyone I've known who learned English in Laos.

The only people who come close to your level of written expression (besides native users) are those Lao who grew up in an English-speaking country.

So how did you learn English?

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #5 - 31st Mar, 2011 at 9:52pm

My English is not that good, you've had to correct me once. Sad

Those Cutting Edge booklets teach some English, but it's not where I learnt it from. I learnt English from lessons and self teaching. I've always enjoyed reading and writing consistently and persistently since I was a young girl. When it becomes a habit, it gets easier, but I'm still learning.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #6 - 31st Mar, 2011 at 11:32pm

Tee wrote on 31st Mar, 2011 at 11:11am:
Hi Admin

Yes I also request more picture of our favorite LP Admins.
Cheesy Shocked

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #7 - 31st Mar, 2011 at 11:44pm

Some people are quick learner. Your English is very good.
Wink

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 31st Mar, 2011 at 9:52pm:
My English is not that good, you've had to correct me once. Sad

Those Cutting Edge booklets teach some English, but it's not where I learnt it from. I learnt English from lessons and self teaching. I've always enjoyed reading and writing consistently and persistently since I was a young girl. When it becomes a habit, it gets easier, but I'm still learning.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #8 - 1st Apr, 2011 at 12:37am

Your English is great, whereas mine is poor.

I'm not satisfied with where I'm at, and I'm still learning new words and how to use English effectively.

IP Logged

Old Man
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 1st Apr, 2011 at 12:50am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 1st Apr, 2011 at 12:37am:

That's not true!

He just wrote: "Some people are quick learner."

When was the last time you wrote a sentence with bad grammar like that?

He does it in every post. You never do.

That's not meant to criticise him - just to point out how much better your English is than anyone else who posts here.

Probably including me.

And I'm a bloody English teacher!..... Undecided

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #10 - 1st Apr, 2011 at 1:12am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 1st Apr, 2011 at 12:37am:

I'm not satisfied with where I'm at, and I'm still learning new words and how to use English effectively.

Don't mine me I'm just a manufacuring worker. You should be an English teacher. More young Lao need to learn english, and need someone like you. Or you can be Lao teacher teaching Lao-American kids how to read and write in Lao.
Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #11 - 1st Apr, 2011 at 1:36am

Old Man, Not sure, I don't go through my posts to find grammar and spelling errors, but I'm sure there'll be some here and there. Thanks for complimenting me on my English, but it's not perfect by any means and I wouldn't go as far as saying it's better than a "bloody" English teacher like you.

Lao Democratic, You still earn a good amount of income from your manufacturing work, more than me that's for sure. Teaching English is not my ideal job.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #12 - 1st Apr, 2011 at 2:15am

I think most Lao American make good money. Lao are hard worker. When you do hard labors in the rice fields, and come work in American factory. Its an easy jobs and easy money. They say "It's not how much you make" it's how you manage your money. I make ok money, but problem is I also like to spend money and pretty much buy whatever I want. New IPhone, PS3, PSP game, car, TV, laptop, desktop.
Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #13 - 1st Apr, 2011 at 3:02am

True, it depends how you manage your money.

Some people don't buy many things, but their bills and debts eat up most of their salary.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #14 - 1st Apr, 2011 at 4:56am

llX wrote on 1st Apr, 2011 at 2:15am:
I make ok money, but problem is I also like to spend money and pretty much buy whatever I want. New IPhone, PS3, PSP game, car, TV, laptop, desktop.
Wink

You're a bit of a gadget guy, are you?
I have a few older friends who are serious gamers. They spend hours on end in front of their T.Vs. I don't know how they can do that.

All I need is a $2 newspaper and I'll be content for two hours at least.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78455 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248753 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133081 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69774 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47421 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73902 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57531 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45365 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40961 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33943 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum