Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Hi-so, Lo-so in Laos? (Read 190571 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: Hi-so, Lo-so in Laos?
Reply #105 - 21st Aug, 2011 at 3:00pm

A house like what?

I can't see a house to give you an estimation. All I can see is one room. I don't know how many rooms there are, and I don't know the size of the house and lawn area.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #106 - 21st Aug, 2011 at 4:48pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 21st Aug, 2011 at 3:00pm:
A house like what?

I can't see a house to give you an estimation. All I can see is one room. I don't know how many rooms there are, and I don't know the size of the house and lawn area.

Okay then, let's get creative.

Let us imagine - using their living room as the prototype of our fantasy - that this is a 3 bedroom home. It has at least 1 garage. (Are there such things in Laos?) It is also in the city, within convenient access to ALL amenities. The house is also closed off with a gate. Like I said earlier today, furnished in a similar decor as Jenny Thakhek's.

How much would that cost?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #107 - 22nd Aug, 2011 at 3:17am

Well, if you like to imagine things then you might as well imagine the price yourself.

I don't know what the kitchen and bathroom looks like, the size of the house and how spacious is the lawn area, if any. There's too many variables to determine its value, that's why interested buyers go to observe a house, in order to see the whole interior and exterior.

The more I think about it, it's probably a business than a house in the video.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #108 - 22nd Aug, 2011 at 4:36am

Can I buy a modern house in Laos - like that one - for $1000,000?

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 22nd Aug, 2011 at 3:17am:
I don't know what the kitchen and bathroom looks like, the size of the house and how spacious is the lawn area, if any. There's too many variables to determine its value, that's why interested buyers go to observe a house, in order to see the whole interior and exterior.

I didn't know you were a real estate agent.

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 22nd Aug, 2011 at 3:17am:
The more I think about it, it's probably a business than a house in the video.

What kind of business?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #109 - 22nd Aug, 2011 at 6:46am

Larb Dip wrote on 22nd Aug, 2011 at 4:36am:
Can I buy a modern house in Laos - like that one - for $1000,000?

Your guess is as good as anyone elses. I can't see the building to give my estimation.

I didn't know you were a real estate agent.

No, but I've lived in Laos long enough to have a general idea of a home's value.

What kind of business?

It could be any kind business, or home, or home and business together. That's the thing, I don't know just by looking at a group of girls eating.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #110 - 2nd Sep, 2011 at 12:08pm

What about these guys then? Are they Hi-So or Lo-So?

They live quite comfortable, don't they.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #111 - 3rd Sep, 2011 at 11:47am

I don't consider this Lao family a Hi-So or Lo-So, but they live more comfortably than many people in Laos.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #112 - 3rd Sep, 2011 at 5:43pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 3rd Sep, 2011 at 11:47am:
I don't consider this Lao family a Hi-So.

Why not?

Is it because they're not light skinned like you?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #113 - 4th Sep, 2011 at 4:52am

Skin colour is irrelevant. Just by looking inside some areas of their house and the wife's sewing job tells the story.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #114 - 4th Sep, 2011 at 6:18am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 4th Sep, 2011 at 4:52am:
Skin colour is irrelevant.

Then why did you write this then:

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 5th Apr, 2011 at 2:11am:
I don't know the girls personally, and there is really no need to know them. Their appearance and/or complexion tells the story.

http://www.laopride.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1301744283/15

By the way, what was wrong with her face?

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 4th Sep, 2011 at 4:52am:
Just by looking inside some areas of their house and the wife's sewing job tells the story.

Why don't you give me a run down of the prerequisites then, before one can even consider himself Hi-So!

What must his household be in possession of?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #115 - 4th Sep, 2011 at 6:45am

There's nothing wrong with her face. They're not poor like I said, but they're not a Hi-So family either.

Their floor tiles looks cheap, they own wooden chairs and I can't see any car or computer. They also say they don't have a proper garden, so their place is obviously small.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #116 - 4th Sep, 2011 at 3:30pm

I have already asked for your judgement on two homes of contrasting styles; which you have sternly refuted.

Perhaps you could show us what a typical Hi-So home looks like?

Why aren't houses lined with carpets in Laos? Huh

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #117 - 5th Sep, 2011 at 8:07am

It's not certain that your first video is a home. Your second video doesn't look like a Hi-So home to me.

Carpets are very hard to keep clean in a dusty country like Laos, so the flooring is usually tiles, cement or wood.

IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #118 - 14th Sep, 2011 at 8:35am

Middle-class family Wink.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Bao Evil
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

USA
Laotian Award
Reply #119 - 14th Jul, 2017 at 9:08pm

What the heck is Sep Ba?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 68441 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 245629 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 130935 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 67145 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 45864 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 72433 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 56106 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 44262 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 39971 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33203 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum