Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Happy Lao New Year (April 14-16) (Read 86866 times)

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Re: Happy Lao New Year (April 14-16)
Reply #45 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 2:34am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 14th Apr, 2011 at 10:18am:
I heard that America is world renowned for its pool parties, because many homes have a pool. Is that true?

Most people that live in states that has hot weather all year round have swimming pool. American does love to party and party hard. 
Shocked Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #46 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 3:30am

Larb Dip, "Working" as in employed in a job?

Lao Democratic, Swimming pools aren't cheap, but I guess having one is fun and it also increases the value of their house.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #47 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 4:39am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 15th Apr, 2011 at 3:30am:

Lao Democratic, Swimming pools aren't cheap, but I guess having one is fun and it also increases the value of their house.

I mean: 'working' as sohpeni/mae jang/pusao har ngeun/galee.

How do I know if she is a prostitute or not?

How can you tell just by looking at them? I have noticed that even some of the 'innocent' girls are starting to wear clothes that have been tailored with cleavage in mind.

The last thing I want to do is approach a prospect only to find that she is 'innocent'. That would be embarrassing for both parties.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #48 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 4:56am

Larb Dip asking women a wrong question can get you slap too.
Cheesy Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #49 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 4:58am

It's expensive to clean and maintenance. That's why only rich people have them, but you can buy a cheap small plastic pool.
Shocked

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #50 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 5:22am

llX wrote on 15th Apr, 2011 at 4:56am:
Larb Dip asking women a wrong question can get you slap too.
Cheesy Grin

I'm asking about 'prosties', bro. It's their job.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #51 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 5:37am

llX wrote on 15th Apr, 2011 at 4:58am:
It's expensive to clean and maintenance. That's why only rich people have them, but you can buy a cheap small plastic pool.
Shocked

In NZ homes don't really need to come equiped with pools let alone the inflatable versions. Over here, especially in Auckland, we are blessed to be surrounded by the sea. Everywhere you go there's a beach. NZ is reknowed for it's outdoor activities. Kayaking, abseiling, rock climbing, bungy jumping, snorkelling for paua etc. are all part of the Kiwi culture. In the summer months you really need to slip-slop-and-slap on that sunscreen. The ozone layer above NZ is quite crappity smacked. The suns harmful UV rays radiate through a gaping hole.

There's a Rugby World Cup happening later on in the year too. That would be the ideal time for anyone who wants to try out NZ. The country will be pumping - Auckland in particular. Smiley

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #52 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 5:57am

We have another thread on prostitution, so please keep questions in relation to prostitution where it belongs.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #53 - 16th Apr, 2011 at 10:57am

Seaw! Nang!

Jao bor bay len bay teuw say bo pee mai pee ne?

Pen yung jao kih ma nung fauw computer tuk mih tuk kihn?

Jao ga yung noum yu! Hauw girt ma tihr diow day nang, bay len bay mohn num kuw na

You should go have some fun, mate!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!.............ALL THE WAY FROM NZ Wink

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #54 - 16th Apr, 2011 at 7:56pm

inflatable versions is cheap, but build in pool in the backyard is expensive and maintenance.
Shocked Roll Eyes

Larb Dip wrote on 15th Apr, 2011 at 5:37am:
llX wrote on 15th Apr, 2011 at 4:58am:
Shocked

In NZ homes don't really need to come equiped with pools let alone the inflatable versions. Over here, especially in Auckland, we are blessed to be surrounded by the sea. Everywhere you go there's a beach. NZ is reknowed for it's outdoor activities. Kayaking, abseiling, rock climbing, bungy jumping, snorkelling for paua etc. are all part of the Kiwi culture. In the summer months you really need to slip-slop-and-slap on that sunscreen. The ozone layer above NZ is quite crappity smacked. The suns harmful UV rays radiate through a gaping hole.

There's a Rugby World Cup happening later on in the year too. That would be the ideal time for anyone who wants to try out NZ. The country will be pumping - Auckland in particular. Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #55 - 16th Apr, 2011 at 10:34pm

How do you know that we are only born once? We might be reincarnated later, or maybe we have reincarnated already. I wouldn't rule it out.

We all have different ways of fun. Meditating is perceived as fun for Lao monks and nuns.

IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #56 - 16th Apr, 2011 at 11:23pm

Can you all upload pictures of 'Pee Mai' festivities and is that how you spell it Admin?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #57 - 17th Apr, 2011 at 4:43am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 16th Apr, 2011 at 10:34pm:
How do you know that we are only born once? We might be reincarnated later, or maybe we have reincarnated already. I wouldn't rule it out.

We all have different ways of fun. Meditating is perceived as fun for Lao monks and nuns.

Lets talk about reincarnation shall we? We might as well since you don't want to talk about 'US' anymore:

How is reincarnation viewed in Laos?
What EXACTLY does 'reincarnation' mean in Laos?
I heard the superstitions. I just want to be clear on this intriguing issue.

So what IS fun for you?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #58 - 17th Apr, 2011 at 5:57am

MrLao4ever, I'll post some more soon when I have time. "Pee Mai" is fine too, there's no right or wrong way of spelling it.

Larb Dip, "Reincarnation", in a nutshell, means that you return to Earth again into another form on life, after your death. Fun for me is sitting in front of the computer.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #59 - 17th Apr, 2011 at 6:30am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 17th Apr, 2011 at 5:57am:
Larb Dip, "Reincarnation", in a nutshell, means that you return to Earth again into another form on life, after your death. Fun for me is sitting in front of the computer.

I know what 'reincarnation' means, in a nut shell.
I meant, how deep is this beleif in Laos? I already know YOU are a believer. How about the general poulation?
How do you say reincarnation in Laos by the way? I also asked you to translate some Lao words into English for me before. Why didn't you? That's what you're here for right? To help out with all things Lao, right?

Are you staring into that computer of yours EVERY day?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 15163 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 93967 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 297079 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 143383 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 79241 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 55202 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 81019 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 63934 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 50596 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 45453 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum