Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Reasons why Lao girls marry western men (Read 113216 times)

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Re: Reasons why Lao girls marry western men
Reply #75 - 4th Jun, 2011 at 4:39am

I know what you're talking about. Thai are crazy about western culture. They been like that for hundred of year. Laos also love Korean, Japanese fashion. Look at their hair.
Wink

JSEA wrote on 4th Jun, 2011 at 4:35am:
I see a lot of western influence over here, also Korean. Many of the younger middle class Thais are just as obsessed with money, fashion, the latest cell phones/gadgets as their western/Korean counterparts. In some cases it's even worse than in the west because people seem to think they are actually little princes/princesses.

It's pretty bad, because you take the Thai traditional idea that the girl is supposed to cook/clean, and be supported by the guy, and then combine it with more liberal western ideas (feminism, independence, consumerism), and for the most part you get the worst combination ever.

That is, you don't get smart girls that can support themselves. You get uber princesses that cheated/paid their way through school with daddy's money, expect all the benefits of independence and feminism, but none of the responsibilities, but still expect the guy to pay for everything, and practically be their servant (e.g. "take me to the mall", "why didn't you buy me a new purse for our 6 month quarter anniversary", etc....).

Sad thing is, the exact same thing can be said for many of the GUYS here...and don't get me started on Korean fashion, someone needs to just nuke all the Korean fashion designers from orbit.

Anyway, I think maybe Laos will follow the same path eventually, kinda sad really.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Re: Reasons why Lao girls marry western men
Reply #76 - 5th Jun, 2011 at 1:13pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 3rd Jun, 2011 at 10:03pm:
I'll remember that. Go out and find yourself a girlfriend to flirt with.

What do you think I have been doing all this time, baby? Kiss

As soon as I threaten to take my love away, suddenly you connive - by uploading multiple pictures of yourself - in order to pull me back in. Smiley

Don't just take my word for it. A few other members have caught on too:
OMD wrote on 3rd Jun, 2011 at 4:22pm:
Of all people that got you to come out of your shell happens to be the pressure of "Larb Dip"?  I'm speechless. LOL

JSEA wrote on 4th Jun, 2011 at 5:59am:
You changed your name too! What is with this sudden sharing personal info? I think maybe you have fallen for Larb Dip...

Where do you think you got all this newfound confidence from, Saovaluck? Yep. That's right, from the one-and-only Larb Dip the charismatic-slash-THE MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER. We've known each other long enough (with tolerance) so lets not argue about it. Wink

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 36 286942 Last Post 31st Mar, 2024 at 1:47am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 85832 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 137697 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 74155 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 50945 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77178 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 60544 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 47850 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43081 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 35539 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum