Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Judy Garland's breasts made headlines (Read 27089 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Judy Garland's breasts made headlines
29th Nov, 2011 at 8:45am

Judy Garland's breasts made headlines for the wrong reasons

The Wizard of Oz teen, Judy Garland is remembered for her charming performance as Dorothy in a long and distinguished career. At her peak, she was a shining example of the ability enshrined in Hollywood's fantasy factories to unearth talent. That four letter word "STAR" has suited very few people quite so well.

At sixteen, Judy Garland's breasts were beginning to develop. This was a problem for MGM studios because their young star needed to look like a 12 year old girl if she was to land the part of Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz. The solution was to have her chest strapped with a corset so that she appears flat chested. "There was tight pressure on my chest and discomfort" was the only way Judy Garland could describe it.

What more could go wrong? Well, according to Judy Garland, studio boss Louis B. Mayer had a history of fondling her left breast and told her how beautifully she sang, "this is where you sing from," referring to the area of her left breast that she "sang from the heart."

This groping drama went on for years in his office until she was 20 years old when she finally got enough courage to say to him, "Mr. Mayer, if you want to tell me where I sing from, from now on, just point" and he wept in shame.

Judy Garland's father died before she signed with MGM, and  Louis B. Mayer thought of himself as her father figure. She once said "I often thought I was lucky I didn't sing from another part of my anatomy."

Judy Garland as Dorothy enjoying a drink
with MGM boss, Mr. Louis B. Mayer.

Judy Garland as Dorothy with Louis B. Mayer

Judy Garland gets a hug
from MGM boss, Mr. Louis B. Mayer.

Louis B. Mayer hugs Judy Garland

Judy Garland gets a kiss
from MGM boss, Mr. Louis B. Mayer.

Louis B. Mayer kisses Judy Garland

Judy Garland and Mr. Louis B. Mayer
share a dance at an MGM party in 1936.

Judy Garland and Mr. Louis B. Mayer share a dance at an MGM party in 1936

« Last Edit: 8th Jan, 2013 at 5:52pm by Admin Saovaluck »  
View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Re: Judy Garland's breasts made headlines
Reply #1 - 16th Apr, 2013 at 1:03am

Where? Laugh

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #2 - 16th Apr, 2013 at 5:25am

Judy Garland had her breasts strapped down so
Dorothy would look young in The Wizard of Oz.

Judy Garland had her breasts strapped down

Judy Garland had her breasts strapped down

Judy Garland was talented in The Wizard of Oz
and her simplistic beauty is undeniable.

Judy Garland looks effortlessly gorgeous

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #3 - 17th Apr, 2013 at 9:08am

Holy!

One is woman, the other is girl.

Holy!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Reply #4 - 17th Apr, 2013 at 8:35pm

I was hoping to see cleavage. Laugh Laugh Laugh

View Profile  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 36 286824 Last Post 31st Mar, 2024 at 1:47am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 85812 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 137678 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 74135 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 50932 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77163 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 60526 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 47835 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43071 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 35532 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum