Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Luang Prabang wins world's best city award (Read 28847 times)

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Luang Prabang wins world's best city award
16th Feb, 2012 at 9:20am

Luang Prabang wins world's best city award for 2nd year

Luang Prabang in Laos has just been voted the best city in the world to visit for the second year in a row by readers of one of the UK's leading national travel magazines.

Bamboo Travel winner of the Best Tour Operator of the year category at the same awards ceremony in 2011, and runner up in 2012 offers a choice of itineraries which visits the city including the 12 night A Mekong Experience in Laos

The tour which covers all the highlights of this culturally and scenically diverse country combines the ancient wonders of Luang Prabang and the waterways of northern Laos with the rural beauty of the Bolaven Plateau and the spectacular Wat Phou in the south.

The holiday commences with two nights in Luang Prabang, located on the Mekong River, including a city tour and a visit to the Khouangsi waterfall.

From there the itinerary continues with a four-day loop, travelling by private boat along the waterways of the Mekong, staying in two charming lodges located in some of the most scenic parts of northern Laos.

After returning to Luang Prabang for a day at leisure, a regional flight is taken south to explore the Bolaven Plateau, famous for its coffee plantations and many spectacular waterfalls.

The journey continues overland to the mysterious pre-Angkorian temple of Wat Phou and the Four Thousand Islands before finishing with a night in the tranquil capital Vientiane.

The holiday costs from £2895 pp (two sharing) which includes international and domestic flights, 12 night's B&B plus 7 lunches & 4 dinners, private transfers and tours, private English-speaking guides, private boat journeys on the Mekong and sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary.
« Last Edit: 8th Jan, 2013 at 1:27pm by Admin Saovaluck »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Re: Luang Prabang wins ‘world’s best city’ award
Reply #1 - 16th Feb, 2012 at 9:20am

Go Laos Lan Xang Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #2 - 16th Feb, 2012 at 2:55pm

I don't take any notice of that because it is only voted by people in the UK. Many English people like to go there, so obviously they enjoy the city.

The rankings of the "World's Most Liveable Cities" is a more official survey that is recognised in the world, and Luang Prabang is not even in the top 100.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #3 - 22nd Feb, 2012 at 5:59am

To me Laos is alway number 1 Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #4 - 22nd Feb, 2012 at 7:42am

Vientiane is more fun than Luang Prabang. Even Pakse is more exciting than Luang Prabang.

Luang Prabang is good to visit for a few days only.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #5 - 22nd Feb, 2012 at 9:17am

Some farang tourist like to visited a layback, small, easy going city. In the US most farang live in small suburb city.

When I'm in Laos I'll visit all three city. Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Re: Luang Prabang wins world's best city award
Reply #6 - 28th Mar, 2013 at 12:41am

Why is Pakse more exciting than LP?  Pakse is much smaller in population and less developed than LP?

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #7 - 28th Mar, 2013 at 1:18am

I would live to visit Pakse and Savannakhet in the future. Never been there or Luang Prabang.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #8 - 28th Mar, 2013 at 1:02pm

Hard to believe LP won the award. It is semi city, semi rural place.

Vientiene should get it. It is city and has more beauties.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #9 - 28th Mar, 2013 at 1:03pm

There are busloads of french and chinese. Grin

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 16th Feb, 2012 at 2:55pm:
I don't take any notice of that because it is only voted by people in the UK. Many English people like to go there, so obviously they enjoy the city.

The rankings of the "World's Most Liveable Cities" is a more official survey that is recognised in the world, and Luang Prabang is not even in the top 100.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #10 - 28th Mar, 2013 at 2:53pm

Luang Prabang is historical city and natural beauty. 

peterpan wrote on 28th Mar, 2013 at 1:02pm:
Hard to believe LP won the award. It is semi city, semi rural place.

Vientiene should get it. It is city and has more beauties.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Reply #11 - 29th Mar, 2013 at 12:57am

The country of Texas is #1  Moonwalk.

llX wrote on 22nd Feb, 2012 at 9:17am:
Some farang tourist like to visited a layback, small, easy going city. In the US most farang live in small suburb city.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #12 - 29th Mar, 2013 at 9:21am

In which continent? the country of texas?

Beef Cake wrote on 29th Mar, 2013 at 12:57am:

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #13 - 29th Mar, 2013 at 2:49pm

USA Cheesy

peterpan wrote on 29th Mar, 2013 at 9:21am:
In which continent? the country of texas?

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #14 - 29th Mar, 2013 at 2:50pm

Lol Uncle Sam will kick y'all behind Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 7237 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 89943 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 293547 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 140655 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 76837 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 53185 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 79154 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 62307 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 49338 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 44329 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum