Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Congratulations to the Lao government officials :) (Read 25690 times)

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Congratulations to the Lao government officials :)
7th Mar, 2013 at 4:00pm

Government officials receive scholarships to study in Japan.

http://www.vientianetimes.com/Headlines.html

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Re: Congratulations to the Lao government officials :)
Reply #1 - 7th Mar, 2013 at 9:45pm

Is this internal or external runned media source?  I see a couple of sarcastic headlines in there Grin?

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #2 - 7th Mar, 2013 at 9:57pm

Why always study for some officials? I met one, traveling all over the world for free study. Work can create money.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #3 - 8th Mar, 2013 at 1:13am

It's very good because the officials can bring the knowledge back to develop Laos. I hope more scholarship from Europe, Japan, US or Australia are grant to Lao student and officials. 

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #4 - 8th Mar, 2013 at 2:13am

There was something about 'Chinese gangs' making too much noise.   When I read more it was actually a chinese company that is paving roads and I thought that is wrong to labeled the chinese company as 'gangs' Cheesy.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #5 - 8th Mar, 2013 at 6:29am

Well if government officials need to go to another country in order to study then we have problems with our education system.

It means our education system isn't good enough, that's what they are basically telling us.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #6 - 8th Mar, 2013 at 8:47am

Follow them, you will survive, thrive and prosper.

No education system has no problems.

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 8th Mar, 2013 at 6:29am:
Well if government officials need to go to another country in order to study then we have problems with our education system.

It means our education system isn't good enough, that's what they are basically telling us.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #7 - 8th Mar, 2013 at 8:49am

If not gang, it must be gong Grin

Beef Cake wrote on 8th Mar, 2013 at 2:13am:
There was something about 'Chinese gangs' making too much noise.   When I read more it was actually a chinese company that is paving roads and I thought that is wrong to labeled the chinese company as 'gangs' Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #8 - 8th Mar, 2013 at 10:35am

True, but scholarships are generally for students, and government officials should already have the required educational background to run the country.

If our government still needs an education then we have issues as a country.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #9 - 8th Mar, 2013 at 4:07pm

Great idea for Laos to learn economics development from Singapore, Japan, China. Learn from the best.

peterpan wrote on 8th Mar, 2013 at 8:47am:
Follow them, you will survive, thrive and prosper.

No education system has no problems.

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 8th Mar, 2013 at 6:29am:

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #10 - 8th Mar, 2013 at 4:09pm

Government is trying to get Laos off the list of least development country by 2020. Officials also study in Vietnam, China, Singapore. Before they mostly study only in Vietnam.

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 8th Mar, 2013 at 10:35am:
True, but scholarships are generally for students, and government officials should already have the required educational background to run the country.

If our government still needs an education then we have issues as a country.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #11 - 8th Mar, 2013 at 4:17pm

They studied in Russia too, I know a few people.

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #12 - 8th Mar, 2013 at 8:49pm

What is the highest level of education can students pursue in National University of Laos?

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #13 - 8th Mar, 2013 at 10:11pm

I gusess Phd. we export a lot of students to that university for language learning, then back to Lao working as translators or interpreters, monthly income is about 700-800 USD.

I know a guy,  a very very high official now in Lao,studied in Russia for 8 years.  thinking about a tropical bird into polar bear.
Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #14 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 2:28am

Grin.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 8706 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 90703 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 294190 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 141183 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 77283 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 53555 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 79493 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 62602 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 49563 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 44516 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum