Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Tenpin Bowling in Vientiane (Read 24822 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Tenpin Bowling in Vientiane
8th Mar, 2013 at 4:35pm

The bowling alley floor and ceiling is in need of renovation. I also don't think there is a need to hang the Lao flag and the Soviet Hammer and Sickle flag in an entertainment centre, just saying.

Tenpin Bowling in Vientiane, Laos

Please click on image to view a larger version

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Re: Tenpin Bowling in Vientiane
Reply #1 - 8th Mar, 2013 at 8:45pm

Just the Lao flag Wink.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #2 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 2:32am

Everywhere and great for propaganda,  brainwashing the youngster. I grew up and went to school in Laos I know whats up Smiley

Beef Cake wrote on 8th Mar, 2013 at 8:45pm:
Just the Lao flag Wink.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #3 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 2:33am

Just like Admins say. Hammer and Sickle flag is Russia not Laos flag.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #4 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 2:35am

Agreed not in bowling alley. Bowling and drinking beer is fun. Look kind of small though. How much it cost to bowl in Laos?

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 8th Mar, 2013 at 4:35pm:

The bowling alley floor and ceiling is in need of renovation. I also don't think there is a need to hang the Lao flag and the Soviet Hammer and Sickle flag in an entertainment centre, just saying.

http://www.laopride.com/pictures3/tenpin-bowling-in-vientiane-1.jpg

http://www.laopride.com/pictures3/tenpin-bowling-in-vientiane-2.jpg

http://www.laopride.com/pictures3/tenpin-bowling-in-vientiane-3.jpg

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #5 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 4:43am

Nothing wrong with hanging your own nation's flag in a business location.  Ok then let's compromise- hang the flag outside the business Grin

The owner of this blowing alley is probably Russian.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #6 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 5:13am

llX wrote on 9th Mar, 2013 at 2:35am:
Agreed not in bowling alley. Bowling and drinking beer is fun. Look kind of small though. How much it cost to bowl in Laos?

It costs just over $1 (10,000 kip) per game.

There are 12 lanes and usually there are some vacant lanes. That's big enough for a country where tenpin bowling isn't a popular sport.

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #7 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 5:22am

Beef Cake wrote on 9th Mar, 2013 at 4:43am:
Nothing wrong with hanging your own nation's flag in a business location.  Ok then let's compromise- hang the flag outside the business Grin

The owner is more likely Lao, who supports communism.

There are enough flags already on the streets of Laos. Maybe it's just me but I have an issue with flags bombarding me at an entertainment centre, I'm here to play bowling and I don't want to see flags in front of me.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #8 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 10:44am

Good point Laos is communist and can do as they please Smiley

Beef Cake wrote on 9th Mar, 2013 at 4:43am:

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #9 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 10:46am

Good deal. It's a nice place to hangout.

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 9th Mar, 2013 at 5:13am:
llX wrote on 9th Mar, 2013 at 2:35am:

It costs just over $1 (10,000 kip) per game.

There are 12 lanes and usually there are some vacant lanes. That's big enough for a country where tenpin bowling isn't a popular sport.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #10 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 11:53am

If the flags are hang even at every smaller business then this is too excessive. 

To be honest the Lao flag is the better looking flag when comparing to flags of other countries around the world.

If I was the official, I would ban all flag hanging from flags of other nations(like Russia, Vietnam, China etc..). 

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Hoo Kee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Laos
Outstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award
Reply #11 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 12:04pm

Kind of ironic that the flags would be in a bowling alley. I'd like to throw them a strike, haha.
They need to put the national symbol up there too, the beerlao logo. Drink beers, throw some heavy balls around, sing some loso songs, what more can you ask for...

Got rice?
View Profile Buk Hoo Kee  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #12 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 5:47pm

Maybe Beerlao doesn't sponsor them.

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #13 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 8:08pm

Nothing wrong with hanging a symbol national pride in a bussienss location.  In the greatest republic of Texas we show our republic flags everywhere including in office walls and bumper stickers on cars and etc.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #14 - 9th Mar, 2013 at 8:34pm

Good, who pays for flags everywhere?

Beef Cake wrote on 9th Mar, 2013 at 8:08pm:
Nothing wrong with hanging a symbol national pride in a bussienss location.  In the greatest republic of Texas we show our republic flags everywhere including in office walls and bumper stickers on cars and etc. 

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 8950 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 90833 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 294278 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 141264 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 77352 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 53614 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 79546 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 62655 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 49608 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 44551 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum