Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Homes close to highways in Laos (Read 67804 times)

peterpan
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Re: Homes close to highways in Laos
Reply #30 - 6th Apr, 2013 at 6:19pm

Is the Route 13 has something to do with what you said Mighty River?

Beef Cake wrote on 4th Apr, 2013 at 8:53pm:
I would assume it is Route 13 according to Google Map.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Reply #31 - 7th Apr, 2013 at 7:26pm

The Mighty Mekong River Cool.

peterpan wrote on 6th Apr, 2013 at 6:19pm:

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #32 - 7th Apr, 2013 at 8:12pm

You crossed the Mighty River, into Nakom Phanorm Thailand, you saw the Ho Chi Min Trail?

Beef Cake wrote on 7th Apr, 2013 at 7:26pm:
The Mighty Mekong River Cool.

peterpan wrote on 6th Apr, 2013 at 6:19pm:

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #33 - 9th Apr, 2013 at 4:58am

No sir.  We were near the River but the Trail was way east near Vietnam.  What so special about the Ho Trail?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Dimas
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #34 - 9th Apr, 2013 at 4:14pm

My sincere condolences for you lost .I’m agreed that Government should take a strict regulation of the distance that the houses should be constructed from the highway but I don’t think this is the source of the problem that leads to tragic accidents. I’ve been in several countries and I could say from my point of view that Laotian people they don’t tent racing or going over speed, usually all the accidents happens due to the lake of transit regulation control, just to put some examples :
- Children around age of 11-16 driving a motorbike
-Adults driving a car without driver license on the street.
-Woman and Man speaking on the phone when driving on the road
-etc…
Mainly these are cause of accidents which I think the Transportation Authority Police should take a strong measure to make people obey the transit law.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #35 - 9th Apr, 2013 at 4:49pm

There is no law in Laos.

Not just about driving but everything else too. Most crimes go unsolved, I know a girl who got shot in the head a couple of years ago and her parents received nothing because no one has taken responsibility, and no one was ever caught.

The Lao New Year is days away, and many kids will be riding motorbikes. It's the holiday road danger period again.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Gold Medal AwardLaotian Award
Reply #36 - 9th Apr, 2013 at 6:29pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 9th Apr, 2013 at 4:49pm:
There is no law in Laos.

Not just about driving but everything else too. Most crimes go unsolved, I know a girl who got shot in the head a couple of years ago and her parents received nothing because no one has taken responsibility, and no one was ever caught.

The Lao New Year is days away, and many kids will be riding motorbikes. It's the holiday road danger period again.

Now that's mess up.I heard like they were doing shake down
on people coming from the US.I heard they would show up in the middle of of night and hassle ya til they get some money.What kind of goverment would allow something like these to happen ?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #37 - 9th Apr, 2013 at 8:44pm

Source?

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #38 - 9th Apr, 2013 at 11:28pm

Corruption nobody can challenges or speak out about one party system. Sad

ba dac wrote on 9th Apr, 2013 at 6:29pm:
Admin Saovaluck wrote on 9th Apr, 2013 at 4:49pm:
There is no law in Laos.

Now that's mess up.I heard like they were doing shake down
on people coming from the US.I heard they would show up in the middle of of night and hassle ya til they get some money.What kind of goverment would allow something like these to happen ?

« Last Edit: 10th Apr, 2013 at 2:50pm by llX »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #39 - 9th Apr, 2013 at 11:35pm

I don't know about they coming to your house and trying to bribe you for money. But 3 tourist in Minnsota did disappear. Problem with Laos is the monthly salary is low. So they have to do side jobs or anything to make extra money to feed the their family.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/WO1303/S00009/three-lao-americans-from-minnesota-...

Beef Cake wrote on 9th Apr, 2013 at 8:44pm:
Source?
« Last Edit: 10th Apr, 2013 at 2:52pm by llX »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #40 - 10th Apr, 2013 at 6:47am

Those guys are in the media because they are foreigners, but you don't hear about many, many others that are still missing. Many local people go missing without a trace in Laos.

The situation in Laos is not good but we can't speak out.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #41 - 10th Apr, 2013 at 2:57pm

Sad but true Admins. I also heard about Lao citizens disappear. Do whatever you want in Laos, but we can't talk about politics or against their policy. Not much we can do we are just regular people. Sad

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 10th Apr, 2013 at 6:47am:
Those guys are in the media because they are foreigners, but you don't hear about many, many others that are still missing. Many local people go missing without a trace in Laos.

The situation in Laos is not good but we can't speak out.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #42 - 10th Apr, 2013 at 3:02pm

In America it's little different. I would say about 45% of the voter hate the government and most are not scare of them. Doesn't matter what political party is in the white house. They just can't wait untill the next election so they can votes them out of offices Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #43 - 10th Apr, 2013 at 3:25pm

llX wrote on 10th Apr, 2013 at 2:57pm:
Sad but true Admins. I also heard about Lao citizens disappear. Do whatever you want in Laos, but we can't talk about politics or against their policy. Not much we can do we are just regular people. Sad

It's not just about politics. You can be fighting over land, or you can do something that upsets the locals.

If they don't like you, they can make trouble and call the police to come and arrest you. This is what Laos is like as a communist country. You don't necessarily need to talk about politics, you can still be arrested and disappear for other reasons.

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #44 - 11th Apr, 2013 at 12:21am

I am highly afraid of Barry Hussein Obamba.  He is shredding the former great USA into a hell hole. 

I wish Reagan is the president of the USA again and Margaret Thatcher as the prime minister of the UK again as well. 

llX wrote on 10th Apr, 2013 at 3:02pm:
In America it's little different. I would say about 45% of the voter hate the government and most are not scare of them. Doesn't matter what political party is in the white house. They just can't wait untill the next election so they can votes them out of offices Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 3330 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 87909 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 291851 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 139362 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 75664 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 52187 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 78264 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 61524 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 48684 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43769 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum