Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What Christian Missionaries do to native people (Read 20992 times)

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
What Christian Missionaries do to native people
3rd Feb, 2014 at 2:54am

Very sad, Christians really can be monsters

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: What Christian Missionaries do to native people
Reply #1 - 3rd Feb, 2014 at 6:35am

What I like about Buddhism is that they don't bother you. If you want to follow Buddhism or go to the temple to donate, it is entirely up to you.

In western countries, they have people from the Church occasionally go door knocking and stick a bible in front of you, then they talk about Christian things that sometimes people have better things to do and don't really care.

There's no respect of people's privacy at home, is that the general feeling?

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Reply #2 - 3rd Feb, 2014 at 7:22am

Well, I have had them (they're called Jehovah's Witnesses here in the USA) open my front gate and walk inside of my property uninvited and begin to preach to me about the Bible on a weekend.

I've also met Christian missionaries in Thailand who just approach you and try to make you join the church and won't stop talking to you, some of them can be very pesky and insistent.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #3 - 3rd Feb, 2014 at 7:43am

I've seen Christians carrying bibles around in a Tuk Tuk, they are probably in Laos to teach people about Christianity.

You'll never see Buddhist monks or anyone involved with Buddhist temples bother you. That's probably one of the positives about Buddhism.

Islam is also an aggressive religion, a lot of terrorism in the world is due to this religion.

IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #4 - 3rd Feb, 2014 at 7:55am

Uhh, I thought that it was illegal to do missionary work in Laos. I'm pretty sure that the government barely tolerates Christianity and it won't let the missionaries work with the various ethnic groups.

That's one positive thing about the country, no tolerance for Christianity, a useless garbage religion about a fake book that has no place in society.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #5 - 3rd Feb, 2014 at 8:56am

Christianity is acceptable in Laos, we have Churches operating in the country.

That's not a nice thing to say about Christianity.

I respect all religions, but I can't stand Christian people bombarding people with their religious messages.

IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #6 - 3rd Feb, 2014 at 9:47am

Yes I think Christianity is legal in Laos, but I meant that trying to convert people (as in missionaries) was illegal. Am I correct?

It's good that you respect all religions. There are some very nice Christian people as well and I respect them but I don't respect Christianity itself because I see it as just a made up story. I'm sure it has its own merits though, but I cannot respect it because all it has caused in the world is damage.

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Gold Medal AwardLaotian Award
Reply #7 - 3rd Feb, 2014 at 11:41am

Religion is a business .You guys have no idea how many time
i been approach by the Christian. Even though i tell them
I don't belive in their Bible.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #8 - 3rd Feb, 2014 at 12:03pm

Some Laotians arrived in a foreign country through the sponsor of the Church, so Christianity help people too.

You can convert the locals to Christianity, the only exception is don't pressure them and you can't go door knocking. If you annoy them then that's when they can get the authorities to deal with you.

IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #9 - 3rd Feb, 2014 at 2:02pm

They knocking on the doors in Laos ADmin ?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #10 - 3rd Feb, 2014 at 2:52pm

ba dac wrote on 3rd Feb, 2014 at 2:02pm:
They knocking on the doors in Laos ADmin ?

No, they don't.

IP Logged

TexasCowboy
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Outstanding Contribution AwardBest Content Award
Reply #11 - 3rd Feb, 2014 at 3:44pm

Nobody should slander in such a way. Christianity, while flawed, is mostly simply misinterpreted and mispracticed in today's world. Missionaries should have the right to proselytize and people should have the right to make their own religious decisions.

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Reply #12 - 3rd Feb, 2014 at 4:24pm

True , To certain point.There has been story and report of
missionaires being not so Christianit.For instance
there was a mud-slide i forgot somewhere and the people that needed help had to convert in order receive aid. Man if
i was hungry or sic , I will convert and worship any God you
want me to.Case in point .There's alot of school for poor
kids in Indonesia .They feed and house them.But these school were consider teaching radical Islam. I'm just saying
if you go to a homeless person and tell him .Come with me and i'll feed and shelter you.I mean isn't that too obvious ?
Kinda like putting a carrot in front of a horse . Laos in the country side is poor so i can't blame them if they do convert.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #13 - 4th Feb, 2014 at 5:21am

"yeah, I will help you, but only if you worship my God." That's called taking advantage of people.

If they really wanted to help they would help without forcing their beliefs on others. Honestly how is teaching people in Southeast Asia about a book written thousands of years ago and that cannot be proven to be factually accurate going to help them? I'm not trying to slander Christianity, but that is what it is: a book written a long time ago with very little evidence of it being true, and wild fanatic claims. What about this merits respect?

I know Christians often do help people out, and that should merit them respect, but what is their good book except a bunch of fanatical stories?

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #14 - 7th Feb, 2014 at 9:55am

there is nothing good or bad, everything is just in the middle.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 0 1019 Last Post 21st Apr, 2024 at 12:52pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 290399 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 86736 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 138431 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 74837 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 51505 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77667 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 60969 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 48228 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43399 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum