Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Food court in the Morning Market, Vientiane (Read 47631 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Food court in the Morning Market, Vientiane
28th Nov, 2014 at 6:03pm

This is the food court in the Morning Market, Vientiane, where shoppers can enjoy quick and simple meals.

When I am not busy, I will show exclusive photos inside Hi-So restaurants where wealthy people eat out.

Food court in the Morning Market

Please click on image to view a larger version

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

pakse
Awards: 2
Gold Medal AwardLaotian Award
Re: Food court in the Morning Market, Vientiane
Reply #1 - 4th Dec, 2014 at 11:45am

I like ghetto in the alley food stall.lol
Seriously though for us in the state . We wanna
eat like the local not like the tourtist. All good though
for the people who like clean . hahaha

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #2 - 6th Dec, 2014 at 4:21pm

Aw man, there are no more than 6 users who frequent this forum, so who are you gonna post these photos of "hi-so" restaurants for? I'm sure if I wanted to spend big money on wannabe rich people food I wouldn't go to Laos to do it! Lmfao!

Just face it, no one in the outside world looks at Lao people as being Hi-so, most Americans have never heard of Laos and those that have think we are primitive jungle people.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #3 - 6th Dec, 2014 at 4:54pm

We have hundreds of guests who visit this forum every day, they may not be posting but they are here for information.

I'm very busy at the moment with the ruby slippers so I will have a discussion later. All I can say is you many not visit the "Hi-So" restaurants but obviously there are people who do otherwise we wouldn't have them.

IP Logged

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Reply #4 - 10th Dec, 2014 at 6:10am

Quote:
All I can say is you many not visit the "Hi-So" restaurants but obviously there are people who do otherwise we wouldn't have them.

Yes, that's the same for everything. Why do you think we have police? Obviously there are people who want to commit crimes otherwise we wouldn't have them.

Obviously Southeast Asians think they are Hi-So because their minds are still stuck under the influence of the Indian caste system that came along with other aspects of Indian culture to Southeast Asia.

What good have "Hi-So" people ever done for their country? For people in general? They drive around in fancy cars, and so what? Why do they matter? Do they contribute anything to society?

Do Hi-So people's lives even have any more value then your average beggar on the street? We're all people aren't we?

Do you think the people who discover new technology and cure diseases drive around in Lamborghini's and talk about their stock portfolios?

What do they do besides manipulate the economy and pocket foreign aid money?

So, basically, I've come to the conclusion that Hi-So people may be no better than impoverished subsistence farmers, because they contribute nothing to the world, and they just suck up natural resources so they can look fancy and upload pictures of their expensive meals to Facebook.

Hi-So people are worthless.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #5 - 10th Dec, 2014 at 10:13am

If people want to drive around in a Lamborghini, that's their business, let them, they obviously have the money. Don't be jealous of them, when they die they can't take anything with them.

To say that people are worthless because the choose to eat at nice restaurants or own a nice house and car, I mean really?

I don't condone people who are corrupt, but I can accept Hi-So people who make a living the right way, and they are entitled to live a luxurious life.

IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #6 - 10th Dec, 2014 at 11:03am

I'm not jealous, very much the opposite. You know people are just another species of animal, so we have animal instincts.

Do you know why people like unhealthy sweets such as candy and ice cream? Because our instincts developed in order for us to enjoy eating fruit, which was a good source of nutrition.

The modern world is just a huge arbitrary construction made to manipulate our animal instincts in order to produce dopamine in our brains.

All these toys mean nothing, they just stimulate a chemical in your brain that gives you an illusion that you are happy.

If you studied some science you would know.

A Lamborghini means nothing to me, and I stand by my statement that Hi-So people are worthless.

Who cares if you earned your money the honest way or whatever way? Just because you earned enough money to buy a car doesn't mean you have any merits.

Cars will not make the world a better place, in fact they use up natural resources and make the world a more polluted and dirty place.

We're all born with a brain and the only people who are worth something are the people who use their brain for good, it's not about the money you have for self indulgence.

Anyways, Hi-So people are worthless, end of story.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #7 - 11th Dec, 2014 at 5:39am

It's just all talk from you, and I can't really take you seriously.

If your parents owned a Lamborghini, I'm sure you would prefer to drive in it than ride a bicycle or catch a bus. You're not seeing things from other people's perspectives.

I can say I don't want a million dollars and it means nothing to me, but if Bill Gates offered that money to me, yep as if I will decline it.

Like I said, it's just all talk from you. If you were born in a Hi-So family, you wouldn't trade that sort of lifestyle to be on the streets of Laos collecting bottles for sale.

IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #8 - 11th Dec, 2014 at 11:21am

Planet flourishes with biodiversity, not monoculture.
Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #9 - 11th Dec, 2014 at 12:18pm

I didn't say living in the streets was good. I never said I wanted to live on the streets

Do you even know what Hi-So is? It's just like the Indian Caste system where the rich look down upon the poor and flaunt their wealth.

In America it's not like that, you actually have to work and earn your way up. I don't consider most American people Hi-So. There are some Hi-So people though.

And I wouldn't want to drive a Lamborghini anyways, I'd pick some other car.

Yes, I wouldn't mind having money, but do you really think you can make that much money honestly, without exploiting other people or exploiting the Earth?

It's possible, but it's unlikely.

I can live any way, as long as I have enough money to sustain myself. I don't need a Lamborghini. I don't even care what car I have as long as it works. Why does it matter what kind of car you drive? Some people just want to show off.

If I was born into a rich family I'd use that money for meaningful things like education and not useless things like luxury cars just to show off to people.

I would pay for college, and a lot of things to better myself.

What Hi-So means to me is just the Asian people who think they are better than everyone and shows off their luxury items, kind of like Thai people.

I'm typing this poorly because I am a bit annoyed that you don't get my message.

Right now I'm not rich but I have some money and no, I'm not jealous of anyone who has a Lamborghini. That's not something to be jealous of, like I said any car that drives well and works is fine with me.

If I had a Lamborghini I would just sell it, because I don't have a gated home to park it in and if I parked it on the streets around here it would get smashed.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #10 - 11th Dec, 2014 at 1:22pm

Hi-So doesn't mean that they look down on the poor or anybody, it's just the way they live. It's their money and they can do whatever they want with it. Honestly, they don't care what you think of them.

Maybe Hi-So people pay for college among other things. Just because they have a luxury car, it doesn't mean their money is only spent towards that luxury car.

Nobody is dumb enough to park their Lamborghini on the streets at night. If you could afford a Lamborghini, you would have the money to build a garage or even live elsewhere. That Lamborghini could just seem like a normal car for you that works.

IP Logged

TexasCowboy
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Outstanding Contribution AwardBest Content Award
Reply #11 - 11th Dec, 2014 at 1:29pm

If given a choice between driving a luxury car or riding a bicycle, in most cases I would choose the bicycle.   Why would I operate a heavy, complicated piece of machinery when I could manually peddle a bike and get some exercise? Why should I want to show off my wealth and what benefit would it be for me to garner attention because of the vehicle I drive? People who flaunt their wealth do so because of an insecurity and because it is in the instincts of the species to make displays of resource abundance. People at a higher level of consciousness see this flaunting of wealth as pointless and do not feel the urge to conspicuously consume luxury and status products.

The administrator poses the question: "Would you rather drive a lamborghini and come from a hi-so family or live on the streets and recycle cans for a living"

I would rather take the middle way. Why should one human-being have the option to drive a lamborghini while another suffers from abject poverty? I would rather have the lamborghini because I can sell it and then start a business or charity to develop my society and allow the poorer classes to have a more dignified existence.

What the administrator and many Lao people often times don't understand is that many Westerners are not interested in generating or consuming excessive wealth and resources. Many of us live by the ethic that the more things we own, the more imprisoned we are to those possessions. Many if not most Westerners strive for a simple, dignified middle class existence that includes adequate food and nutrition, a suitable home, access to functional medical facilities, and the opportunity for children to pursue an education. Traditionally in the West, there was an expectation that people would pay a ten percent tithe to their local church. The church organization would use the tithe money to maintain the church, possibly to expand, and also to take care of the needy. We did not donate because we hoped to increase our karma and prospects for a future life, we donated because we genuinely cared about the well-being of our fellow humans.

Westerners generally do not respect the wealthy because of their wealth. We might respect them because of their personality or because of their talents and skills involved in generating the wealth but we do not respect them simply for being wealthy. We respect people who obtain prosperity through hardwork and diligence and who use their wealth to cultivate themselves and to benefit their society.

Members of the high society class often times lack education and discipline. Everything has been given to them since they were children and they have never had to work for anything in their whole lives. Thus, they have no appreciation for the , blood, sweat, tears, and toil that sustains their lifestyle. While the high society kids party and drive drunk in the streets of Vientiane in their daddy's Bugati, any number of farmers toil everyday to produce the food that ultimately makes its way into the bellies of the high society class. How is this rich kid's existence at all beneficial to anyone else? What are his talents and merits to deserve such a lavish lifestyle? If he is Laotian, there is a good chance that his wealth is due to his family's connections. Because he is connected to the right people, he can profit from the destruction of the environment of Laos.

Another reason why the high society deserve to be held with contempt is because members of the high society in any country determine the direction and future of their country. Instead of guarding the environment and planning for a sustainable economy that will protect the nature of Laos, real estate is being auctioned off to foreign companies and there is little oversight with how they manage their projects. What is more: all of the foreign investment and immigration from China and from Vietnam means that the Lao people will always have to rely on foreign workers to manage their economy and they themselves will never have or be able to take the opportunity to rise to the occasion on their own. This means that the wealthier classes will increasingly be comprised of Chinese and Vietnamese as it is ultimately the educated and skilled who generate and accumulate abundant wealth. Laotians will become a minority in their own country and they will have to pander to the Chinese and the Vietnamese. This development is already underway.

If you don't believe me, look at the case of Thailand. Less than 20% of the population is comprised of Chinese Thais and yet they own more than 90% of the manufacturing sector. All of the wealth is concentrated in the hands of a small minority of Chinese.

But ultimately the Lao people have themselves to blame. Stupidity, cupidity, and laziness are too intertwined in the culture for the high society to make anything but shortsighted decisions.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #12 - 11th Dec, 2014 at 1:31pm

Yes, I know they don't care, but the problem I have with it is that it destroys our religion and culture. Lao is a Buddhist society so it should only live by Buddhism and Buddhism states you must not attach yourself to wordly objects.

The best thing Laos has is its culture and this is too valuable to trade for mere toys

View Profile  
IP Logged

TexasCowboy
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Outstanding Contribution AwardBest Content Award
Reply #13 - 11th Dec, 2014 at 1:34pm

Is the true Buddhist culture even alive? Everything in Laos seems more and more to be about money these days.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #14 - 11th Dec, 2014 at 1:44pm

Its no use, admin you wont even hear my opinion. The way mány rích people think is destructivé and the problem is that you dont even see a problem.

You are like those Americans who drive gas-guzzling hummers just because they can. Exporting capitalism and the middle class to the rest of the world was a big mistake because of many reasons.

Bicycles are good and they dont waste gas.

If everyone in the world had a car then the environment would collapse in a matter of years. Do you even understand environmental science?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78051 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248639 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 132988 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69698 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47349 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73837 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57465 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45320 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40911 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33910 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum