Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Food court in the Morning Market, Vientiane (Read 47635 times)

TexasCowboy
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 2
Outstanding Contribution AwardBest Content Award
Re: Food court in the Morning Market, Vientiane
Reply #30 - 25th Jan, 2015 at 11:29pm

Hi so in this country are for the most part pathetic. Many of them study in Thailand and return to Lao speaking a blend of central Thai and Lao. This is Lao country and Lao people should speak Lao in Laos.

Hi so lack morality. Almost anyone with any wealth will quickly acquire a 'mia noi' and make regular visits to the whorehouses. Many people 'higher up' as they say are shameless about acquiring a girl friend on the side and will even brag to their friends and show off their second significant other. The children of hi so Lao who have spent time in the US often times speak a dialect similar to ebonics and they cannot follow a conversation in standard American English.

Most are barely educated. You'll find more students drinking beer than reading books.

Most lack compassion for their fellow man considering that they will drive around in their new Lexus while there are huge numbers of people who are completely impoverished. Most hi so don't have any friends who aren't also hi so. Very few of them have done anything to warrant their success.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #31 - 26th Jan, 2015 at 2:34am

I pretty much agree with this and the general consensus is that Southeast Asians don't read books, maybe Vietnamese people do but I'm not sure.

Anyway, a Lao person won't understand why one would be against Hi-So tendencies because even though many of them are poor and don't have modern luxuries, they don't understand the concept that life is about other things besides just material objects.

Lao people, like Thais, can be very materialistic, but it just doesn't show because they're poor, but it's there in their brains. I've had multiple Lao people show me their fake iPhones to try and impress me. I've seen some real iPhones shown off as well, because Lao people think iPhones are the pinnacle of human achievement.

Not all Lao people are like this but I'm willing to bet a great majority are. As for the minorities, well, they are in general much less materialistic and more honest, but a lot of them are beggars, you may have seen the black-skinned upland Lao people begging in the cities. Even the ones that aren't beggars are always asking for freebies.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #32 - 26th Jan, 2015 at 9:19am

Why a fake Iphone? I think it is obvious to know a facke one from a real one. The operating system is different and the app store.

Do you know where the fake comes from? I am curious! the fake one has ISO system?

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #33 - 26th Jan, 2015 at 9:38am

{I pretty much agree with this and the general consensus is that Southeast Asians don't read books, maybe Vietnamese people do but I'm not sure.}

I doubt it.  From what college teachers told me Lao students here at college are trying hard to study, they are slow learners. Because they dont have solid background of knowledge. 

As for study, family tradtion and local surroundings are core factors . Sometimes, one's study attitude depends one's "Wake Up" time as we say here. I dont know what to say in standard english.

I just feel you are not so lucky to meet so many dont-read-book teens. Grin Grin Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

TexasCowboy
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Outstanding Contribution AwardBest Content Award
Reply #34 - 29th Jan, 2015 at 6:16pm

The Lao who study abroad in China are generally some of the best and the brightest that the country has to offer. Many of them attended the best schools in Laos and a few even have an actual work ethic. They are not representative of the typical Laotian student.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Reply #35 - 30th Jan, 2015 at 12:15am

Culturally Lao people and Isan people are the same group and I've met a lot of Isan students and I can tell you that they are lazy almost to an extreme level. I know Isan boys who dropped out of school in 5th grade because they were too lazy to learn how to read. There are some that can't even comprehend the concept of 1+1=2. A lot of Lao girls I met, even in the city cannot read and do jobs like washing dishes for Vietnamese restaurants. I never see Lao people running restaurants, only Vietnamese.

Even for the Lao diaspora in the U.S., they have some of the lowest college attendance rates among Asians in America. Out here in CA there is a Khmu diaspora from Laos and some Hmongs. Dont get me wrong though, some of them do go to college, about 12%.

As for Thais in the US, they are relatively successful business owners but they regularly bring over workers from Thailand and use them as slaves because they dont have papers.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #36 - 30th Jan, 2015 at 9:52am

That is the problem of family circumstances. But, good luck for them, knowledge is so f..king important.

Buk Nut wrote on 30th Jan, 2015 at 12:15am:
Culturally Lao people and Isan people are the same group and I've met a lot of Isan students and I can tell you that they are lazy almost to an extreme level. I know Isan boys who dropped out of school in 5th grade because they were too lazy to learn how to read. There are some that can't even comprehend the concept of 1+1=2. A lot of Lao girls I met, even in the city cannot read and do jobs like washing dishes for Vietnamese restaurants. I never see Lao people running restaurants, only Vietnamese.

Even for the Lao diaspora in the U.S., they have some of the lowest college attendance rates among Asians in America. Out here in CA there is a Khmu diaspora from Laos and some Hmongs. Dont get me wrong though, some of them do go to college, about 12%.

As for Thais in the US, they are relatively successful business owners but they regularly bring over workers from Thailand and use them as slaves because they dont have papers.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #37 - 9th Feb, 2015 at 9:13am

It is important, unless you are a slut. Nowadays, all of the ethnicities can be had in a hotel room for a certain price, which means we are equal, all equally low.

You can have a Thai girl in a hotel room, a Lao, a Vietnamese, a Burmese, a Hmong, a Cambodian. They can all be bought for a certain price. No one's better than anyone these days.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 79181 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 249027 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133247 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69939 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47552 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 74019 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57644 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45459 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 41058 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 34010 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum