Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Obama announces $90 million to clear Laos' unexploded bombs (Read 41911 times)

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Re: Obama announces $90 million to clear Laos' unexploded bombs
Reply #15 - 10th Sep, 2016 at 1:52pm

A lot of Americans travel to Mexico, but that's just on the west coast. I wouldn't say America has a lot of entertainment, unless you're a very rich American and can afford it. If you live in a medium sized city there might be a few bars you can go to but that's it. America isn't a very fun place to live and they just want to work you to death.

A lot of the Americas who go to Southeast Asia just go there for sex, especially Thailand, Cambodia and the Philippines. It was reported somewhere that roughly 1/2 of Western males who visit the Philippines go purely for sex tourism. Laos isn't a big sex destination but there's a girly bar in every small town, I can tell you that. Even in small towns in Isaan you can find girls from Vientiane selling themselves.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #16 - 11th Sep, 2016 at 7:03am

Yes I heard America doesn't have many bars and clubs, but there are cinemas, theaters, concerts, beaches and you need money to visit Las Vegas and Disney. America is fun depending where you live in America I guess. It's a big country.

There are many girly bars in every small and large town in Laos. It's sad that Laos has become another version of Thailand in this day and age.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

mitch
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #17 - 11th Sep, 2016 at 7:25am

Yeah, it really does depend on where you live.  The call the midwest "flyover country" for a reason, friendly people but very little to do, and definitely not worth visiting as a tourist.

New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco are great if you have money: plenty to do and check out.  But living in one of those cities and trying to grind out a living is just hell.  The US work culture is all about just working until you're dead, no time for yourself.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Reply #18 - 11th Sep, 2016 at 7:39am

I actually live in one of those cities, won't say which though, and I've been to all of them. They have some nice restaurants and sights but that's about it. Nothing can come close to Thailand in terms of fun. Phuket, Pattaya, Bangkok, they all put Vegas to shame.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #19 - 11th Sep, 2016 at 10:25am

Lucky Laos. They got the compensation. They also got another compensation from Alternative Planting Project.

What is the third influx of money?

Every country always has not-well-educated people. That is it.

Who is Bill Shorten or Andrew Little?

I never been to USA,and the places I want to have a look is midwest and the Yellow Stone.

The worst tourist ranked by CNN I recall is from USA Grin Grin Grin Yet, surprisingly, I only met one american in my whole overseas tours. He is living in Netherland. Wink  Maybe they are at home watching Reality Show.

View Profile  
IP Logged

TexasCowboy
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Outstanding Contribution AwardBest Content Award
Reply #20 - 11th Sep, 2016 at 2:23pm

It is said that the Chinese are the #1 worst tourists. Bravo China  Applause

Although I personally like Chinese tourists.

View Profile  
IP Logged

mitch
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #21 - 11th Sep, 2016 at 3:06pm

peterpan wrote on 11th Sep, 2016 at 10:25am:
Lucky Laos. They got the compensation. They also got another compensation from Alternative Planting Project.

What is the third influx of money?

What did he mean by this?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #22 - 12th Sep, 2016 at 2:33am

Probably lost in translation, he's a Chinese speaker. Anyway this donation won't mean anything, the Lao government will probably spend it all on nice cars or build themselves fancy new houses.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #23 - 12th Sep, 2016 at 11:56am

mitch wrote on 11th Sep, 2016 at 3:06pm:
[quote author=4A5F4E5F484A5B54595253545B3A0 link=1473166180/19#19 date=1473589518]Lucky Laos. They got the compensation. They also got another compensation from Alternative Planting Project.

USA left 90 million bombs in Laos and gave 90 Million USD for compensation. It is not a big money even for Laos. Financial aids were poured in for opium eradication plan million years ago as UNDP called it as Alternative Planting Project.

I thought you all know that UNDP aids, so I put it in short.  or Flyover Aids? hahaha Grin

What did he mean by this?

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #24 - 12th Sep, 2016 at 12:01pm

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #25 - 12th Sep, 2016 at 12:12pm

TexasCowboy wrote on 9th Sep, 2016 at 12:12am:
This crappity smacking red diaper doper baby and son of a whore Obama is saying Americans are all lazy and that Americans need to look at Laos as our role model moving forward into the 21st century.

I think all Americans need to look at Trump as role model to stop it roll back! Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

ba dac
God Member

I love Laos!

pakse
Gold Medal AwardLaotian Award
Reply #26 - 19th Sep, 2016 at 3:15pm

all that money gonna go to their swiss account

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #27 - 21st Sep, 2016 at 11:45am

Such is life with the commies. It's not enough to clear the bombs anyway, and the money will disappear like you said.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Vongvichit999
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Reply #28 - 2nd Dec, 2016 at 11:12am

It should be remembered that the USA offered to fund the bulk of the UXO clearing in Laos several years ago but the Lao government rejected the offer. Why did they reject it? Who knows, but it is fair to assume that the USA's proposal was going to include management of the clearance and NOT just a payment into the government's coffers. Under such an agreement, the government leaders could not lay their hands on the money and channel it into their own accounts. I cannot think of any other reason why they would reject such a generous offer. VN

View Profile  
IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #29 - 3rd Dec, 2016 at 12:05pm

Thanks for the info, Vongvichit. Few people contribute here and that was a very insightful post. I appreciate it.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 36 286194 Last Post 31st Mar, 2024 at 1:47am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 85738 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 137615 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 74081 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 50887 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 77125 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 60495 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 47807 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43043 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 35516 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum