Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Judy Garland as Dorothy was groped by the Munchkins (Read 59269 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Judy Garland as Dorothy was groped by the Munchkins
8th Feb, 2017 at 4:20pm

Candid photo of Judy Garland as Dorothy during filming

Please click on image to view a larger version

Judy Garland as Dorothy was sexually harassed by the Munchkins on the set of The Wizard of Oz, according to her ex-husband Sid Luft.

An unfinished book written by Mr. Luft, discovered in his archives in 2016, has now been published. Luft died in 2005.

Detailing his former wife's torment, he wrote: "They thought they could get away with anything because they were so small. They would make Judy's life miserable on set by putting their hands under her dress. The men were forty or more years old," he wrote.

Bert Lahr, who played the Cowardly Lion, said: "Many Munchkins made their living by panhandling."

For their role in The Wizard of Oz, the Munchkins earned between $50 to $100 USD a week, spending their money on an "unholy assembly of pimps, hookers and gamblers" as they stayed at Los Angeles's Culver Hotel where they stayed during filming.

Judy Garland as Dorothy and some Munchkins taking a break

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

grant
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Australia
Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Re: Judy Garland as Dorothy was groped by the Munchkins
Reply #1 - 8th Feb, 2017 at 6:18pm

You have to keep an eye on those panhandling Munchkins you never know what they will get up to (no pun intended  Grin) They knew how to spend their money wisely though😁

View Profile  
IP Logged

grant

I love Laos!

Australia
Reply #2 - 8th Feb, 2017 at 6:21pm

Are Dorothy's legs a bit on the stumpy side or is it just the photo?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #3 - 9th Feb, 2017 at 2:58am

It's just the camera angle or the way she is sitting, but she had nice legs.

I guess there's not much the Munchkins can do with that kind of money but use it for entertainment. There are rumours that the Munchkins "had sex orgies in the hotel" with producer Mervyn LeRoy having "to have police on just about every floor."

Miss Garland once described the Munchkin actors' behaviour, saying: "They were little drunks. They got smashed every night, and they picked them up in butterfly nets."

Judy Garland as Dorothy receives a lollipop from the Lollipop Guild

Judy Garland as Dorothy receives a lollipop from the Lollipop Guild

IP Logged

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Reply #4 - 9th Feb, 2017 at 4:04am

the Munchkins would sure love to come to certain areas of Laos at night..

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #5 - 9th Feb, 2017 at 6:21am

I'm pretty sure prostitution didn't exist in Laos in the 1930's, so Laos wouldn't have been the "go to" country for the Munchkins.

It all began in the 1960's in small numbers, but flourished in recent years due to the many hotels, clubs and bars in Laos.

IP Logged

Buk Nut
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

The White man Marches
on

Reply #6 - 9th Feb, 2017 at 12:24pm

it has always existed I think. It's even recorded in the history books that it existed in Ancient Thailand. I think there must have been at least some in Laos back then..It's an ancient trade. they even had it in ancient rome..

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #7 - 9th Feb, 2017 at 1:23pm

There were some Lao prostitutes in the very old days in the 1930's, but they worked secretly and mainly served high ranking people like army generals.

The average Joe wouldn't be able to walk into a bar and meet up with a prostitute as easily like today because during the Lao Monarchy era when we had a King and Queen who controlled the country, Lao girls always stayed home with their families.

The Munchkins would have been arrested if they came to Laos with the intent of sleeping with prostitutes. The law in Laos in the 1930's is very strict and different to the Laos you see today, where there are laws but they are not enforced.

IP Logged

grant

I love Laos!

Australia
Reply #8 - 9th Feb, 2017 at 7:24pm

I think a sex worker from the 1930s would be more or less someone kept in the shadows as a sexually subservient concubine to a person of power as opposed to the girls of today.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Satan

I love Laos!

Reply #9 - 10th Feb, 2017 at 6:15am

Hell........I would grope Dorothy in a heartbeat. Laugh Laugh Laugh

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #10 - 10th Feb, 2017 at 7:04am

People have done some awful things to her, being young and pretty.

The studio boss, Louis B. Mayer, did it to her too. He liked to fondle her left breast and this came directly from her, so it's not a story that others have made up.

IP Logged

Buk Nut

The White man Marches
on

Reply #11 - 10th Feb, 2017 at 8:11am

I'm not sure because I'm not female but I hear that's something that happens to a lot of pretty girls all the time. They claim to get a lot of unwanted attention from men everywhere they go..Men are just thinking about sex all the time.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Satan

I love Laos!

Reply #12 - 12th Feb, 2017 at 9:09am

Why just her left breast? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy I would be right in the middle of the valley. Grin

Mark...the street goes both ways.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #13 - 12th Feb, 2017 at 11:18am

He only went for her left breast because he liked to tell her "this is where you sing from."

He is referring to the area of her left breast that she sang from her heart.

IP Logged

Satan

I love Laos!

Reply #14 - 12th Feb, 2017 at 11:53am

Oh my..... Laugh

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78868 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248929 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133179 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69876 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47502 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73975 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57598 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45425 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 41030 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33989 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum