Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
Sleeping on the streets of Vientiane (Read 76874 times)

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Re: Sleeping on the streets of Vientiane
Reply #30 - 24th Mar, 2011 at 5:28am

Tee wrote on 23rd Mar, 2011 at 5:31am:
Larb Dip wrote on 18th Mar, 2011 at 8:51am:
This is embarrassing. Don't they know the sun is out? Is there really nothing to do?

you call you self Lao and you don't know any thing about Lao culture. After having Lunch most of Lao will take a nap before going back to work. it's call culture back in Laos and in the west they call Laziness.

How do YOU know they just finished lunch? I cant see any food anywhere. Where is the food? WHERE TEE, WHERE?
Why do you keep fabricating?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #31 - 28th Mar, 2011 at 6:34am

Westerners like to nap in Laos too.   Smiley

falang-taking-a-nap-in-vientiane-1.jpg

falang-taking-a-nap-in-vientiane-2.jpg

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #32 - 29th Mar, 2011 at 4:16am

Larb Dip wrote on 24th Mar, 2011 at 5:28am:
Tee wrote on 23rd Mar, 2011 at 5:31am:
Larb Dip wrote on 18th Mar, 2011 at 8:51am:
This is embarrassing. Don't they know the sun is out? Is there really nothing to do?

you call you self Lao and you don't know any thing about Lao culture. After having Lunch most of Lao will take a nap before going back to work. it's call culture back in Laos and in the west they call Laziness.

How do YOU know they just finished lunch? I cant see any food anywhere. Where is the food? WHERE TEE, WHERE?
Why do you keep fabricating?

For a simple mind would think is a fabricating, for me I say..thinking ahead... The picture is telling a lot.. The backpack,the brown paper and the drinking bottle. Laos don't pack excessive food for lunch like the west(so they won't have any left after eating them). their income is limited! and it's Lunch time!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #33 - 29th Mar, 2011 at 9:49pm

All thaose 'brown paper'/' drinking bottle" are just part of the scenery. It's called LITTER. I know what Laos looks like, mate. You can't fool me!

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #34 - 29th Mar, 2011 at 10:42pm

Larb Dip wrote on 29th Mar, 2011 at 9:49pm:
All thaose 'brown paper'/' drinking bottle" are just part of the scenery. It's called LITTER. I know what Laos looks like, mate. You can't fool me!

I don't think,I can fool someone that have higher education than me...but I have meet many people just like you in my life time...how ever, let me profile you personality let me know,if I am wrong....

20 something, graduated from profession you didn't like,working in a job that you dislike.just finish from a bad relationship.Lack of social skill and don't have many friends.because of that! you joint this forum just to get sense of belonging and kill the time.Pretend that your care about Laos,but your don't really care what happened to Laos and the people anyway........
I hope I got at least 50% right!!!!!!

View Profile  
IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 30th Mar, 2011 at 5:27am

Tee wrote on 29th Mar, 2011 at 10:42pm:

I don't think,I can fool someone that have higher education than me...but I have meet many people just like you in my life time...how ever, let me profile you personality let me know,if I am wrong....

20 something, graduated from profession you didn't like,working in a job that you dislike.just finish from a bad relationship.Lack of social skill and don't have many friends.because of that! you joint this forum just to get sense of belonging and kill the time.Pretend that your care about Laos,but your don't really care what happened to Laos and the people anyway........

Smiley  
RIGHT ON!
« Last Edit: 31st Mar, 2011 at 4:26am by N/A »  

IP Logged

JSEA
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Bangkok
Reply #36 - 30th Mar, 2011 at 1:00pm

Larb Dip, I don't understand you. You act like you are really proud about being Lao, but at the same time you just make fun of it. Why is this?

Is it something left over from your parents/uncles/aunts hating on Laos because of the shit that happened back in the 60s/70s? The government may not be that great, but the people are really nice, and Vientiane is actually a really nice town once you get used to all the dust. Also the traffic compared to Bangkok is much better. Cheesy

Anyway, I'm not trying to call you out, I just don't understand how you can be proud of being Lao, but at the same time hate on what appear to be poor/homeless people sleeping during the day (for what it's worth a lot of homeless people sleep during the day because it's safer/less cold than sleeping at night).

View Profile  
IP Logged

Old Man
Ex Member

Reply #37 - 30th Mar, 2011 at 9:28pm

JSEA wrote on 30th Mar, 2011 at 1:00pm:
The government may not be that great, but the people are really nice...........

Most of the people in the government are really nice, too.  I've known many of them over the years..... Smiley

IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #38 - 31st Mar, 2011 at 11:56am

I have relatives in the country side and they are pretty much farmers and gatherers to survive.  So I do not see logical reasons why to use money unless they needed to go to the city. 

llX wrote on 21st Mar, 2011 at 6:10pm:
Larb Dip wrote on 20th Mar, 2011 at 2:54am:
How often do you help them out?

Me and my brother send couple hundred dollars every two or three month.
Cool Huh

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #39 - 1st Apr, 2011 at 1:25am

Yes we all need money. For clothes, medical, paying for school, gas and so on. In Laos there's no socials program to help poor or low income like here in the states. If you lucky to get a jobs they pay about $100 a month in Laos. Sending money home or vacation there is a good way to help Laos economy.
Smiley

PEACE wrote on 31st Mar, 2011 at 11:56am:
I have relatives in the country side and they are pretty much farmers and gatherers to survive.  So I do not see logical reasons why to use money unless they needed to go to the city.  

llX wrote on 21st Mar, 2011 at 6:10pm:
Larb Dip wrote on 20th Mar, 2011 at 2:54am:
How often do you help them out?

Me and my brother send couple hundred dollars every two or three month.
Cool Huh

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #40 - 1st Apr, 2011 at 5:22am

JSEA wrote on 30th Mar, 2011 at 1:00pm:
Larb Dip, I don't understand you. You act like you are really proud about being Lao, but at the same time you just make fun of it. Why is this?

Is it something left over from your parents/uncles/aunts hating on Laos because of the nuts that happened back in the 60s/70s? The government may not be that great, but the people are really nice, and Vientiane is actually a really nice town once you get used to all the dust. Also the traffic compared to Bangkok is much better. Cheesy

Anyway, I'm not trying to call you out, I just don't understand how you can be proud of being Lao, but at the same time hate on what appear to be poor/homeless people sleeping during the day (for what it's worth a lot of homeless people sleep during the day because it's safer/less cold than sleeping at night).

How am I hating on the poor? If you read my earlier post, you would have noticed that I have been representing for Laos' underclass!

You have misunderstood and have taken my last post out of context.

I have already made a few sworn enemies on this website. I don't plan on turning you into another. Not if I can help it Wink

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #41 - 1st Apr, 2011 at 6:09am

Tee wrote on 29th Mar, 2011 at 10:42pm:

Alright, since you're as curious as the next guy (your sidekick Willy) in regards to the circumstances surrounding Yours Truly, I will supply you with the FACTUAL particulars:

I am in my 20's. (But you found that out by clicking on my profile, didn't you?).

The highest achievement that you will find listed in my resume is a measly trade certificate. It doesn't matter though, because I'm still the BOSS! My FRIENDS too are BOSSES like me! We all attended the same trade schools together. (Yes, I have real physical FRIENDS; not just cyber buddies like the admin' Wink) One of my FRIENDS has connections with a construction company. He may quote a job for $400,000; but he offloads it to me for $300,000, That's $100,000 for him for doing nothing! I have 3-4 projects going on at any given time. You do the math. I also have other FRIENDS who I subcontract off to (I use the same siphoning-off ploy my construction FRIEND uses on me). I make $200,000 - $300,000 a year. Where do you think I get the money to pay pu-sao $180/hour? Why would I hate my job? I don't do any REAL 'work', per se.

So you already know how much free time I have. All I do is 'kick-it' with my FRIENDS, all day, every day. They too are BOSSES like me and have all day to kill.
What do you do by the way? Are you a forklift driver like Willy?5555555

Look, I know what it's like being poor. Contrary to what you think, I never look down on my own people. My parents were peasants, They don't come poorer than that!
But we are blessed!

I know where I belong, I don't need to explain to anybody about that!

I have already 'tweeted', that this is only a pastime for me.

STOP DESCRIBING YOUR OWN MISERABLE LIFE Cry

Here's a quote from a hypocrite we all know. No names necessary. Reading his prose is enough of a dead giveaway:

It this going to be the only way to survive. Don't we have any shame? to just beg for money?
I am ashamed to be Lao!
you sound like very proud every time you give us these type of news!

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

William Kelley
Ex Member

Reply #42 - 1st Apr, 2011 at 8:06am

Some people are so out of touch with the real world. Even when they attack me I don't hate them, I piety them.

IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #43 - 1st Apr, 2011 at 10:49am

I am glad that I have push the right button on you! This is the only way to make your show your true colour!!!!! 555555555555555

your are full of bad gas...Showing off people how much you make is a child desperately want to be approve by their friends...Sorry mate...I can't be your mate..and I also don't chose my friend by their races or their education certainly not by how much money that they make.I have a son as old as you but his attitude toward the same human being is more superior than you.

When is come to my age...We don't measure how much money do we make and what kind of sport car do you drive.....
We measure by how many investment properties and shares do you have?

You call you self a peasant son...but the way you look down on William profession as a forklift driver is way too narrow minded. William may not be a forklift drive in this warehouse..he maybe the owner of the warehouse and he could be making more than you!

My conclusion are:

1,Paying just $180 for sex, that telling me is a low class of prostitute,I pay at least 3 time more than that and that mean you are lie about your earning!

2,A contract that worth $300k and you pay $100k that is more than 33% of the contract price to your friend. Surely you have to pay for the materials,workers,you and the insurance... The way you do business.Umm...That why you can only afford to pay for low class of prostitute.

3,You are still the loser that I have mention before... stop lying...you action is like" a dog chasing his own tail" it will not get you noway but embarrassing your self!
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin   

View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #44 - 1st Apr, 2011 at 8:48pm

Tee is being straight forward and honest about what he sees, I agree with most of what he said especially about your personality.  It's not nice looking down on people or making assumptions about them.  I know for a fact kids in their 20's or even older generation parents as well tend to show off their financial assets (cars, homes, etc) to their family and friends, and talk about each behind their backs.  Many Lao family have that kind of attitude here in America.  How do I know this?  My own mother,  my relatives, her friends and their friends,etc... are like that. It all comes down to saving face BS.  They lie so much they even start to believe in their own lies, it's sad but true.  

Larb Dip and Tee Remember begging and asking are two different meanings in my view. Begging, is someone that refuses to change their ways of life and take what they can get. Asking, is someone that has a will/goal to change and improve their livelihood and even though not always guaranteed(lack of education).  Which is it for the nation of Laos?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 14237 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 93503 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 296672 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 143091 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 78992 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 54979 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 80825 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 63754 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 50462 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 45339 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum