Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 31
Send Topic Print
Prostitution in Laos ? Why Lao? (Read 804755 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: Prostitution in Laos ? Why Lao?
Reply #225 - 25th Apr, 2011 at 11:40pm

That's an option.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #226 - 26th Apr, 2011 at 10:52pm

Here's something that has been circulating in my mind recently that I think NEEDS to be answered:

How do I know when I'm being extorted?

Is the cop coughing into his fist? Is he rubbing his thumb across the tip of his fingers? Will he just come out and demand the money or what?
How will I know?

Hve you ever been extorted?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #227 - 27th Apr, 2011 at 12:33am

The police on the streets won't demand any money from you. They expect you to know yourself.

If they are going to arrest you for your wrongdoing, then just offer them some money for a coffee and they'll let you off the hook, but it depends on the seriousness of your offense.

I usually don't give the police any money because I know how to sweet talk them. If that doesn't work then I will pay them. If that doesn't work then it won't be problem for me because my connections knows some high ranking people to come to my rescue with any problems that I may be involved in, but I hope it never comes down to that.

IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #228 - 27th Apr, 2011 at 1:13am

You got connection. It that mean your relative or family member is one of a government officials? Then nobody will mess with you. Agreed they say "It's not what you know it's who you know."
Cheesy Shocked

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 27th Apr, 2011 at 12:33am:
The police on the streets won't demand any money from you. They expect you to know yourself.

If they are going to arrest you for your wrongdoing, then just offer them some money for a coffee and they'll let you off the hook, but it depends on the seriousness of your offense.

I usually don't give the police any money because I know how to sweet talk them. If that doesn't work then I will pay them. If that doesn't work then it won't be problem for me because my connections knows some high ranking people to come to my rescue with any problems that I may be involved in, but I hope it never comes down to that.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #229 - 27th Apr, 2011 at 1:30am

Well, I've never been under the pump before, so I wouldn't know how to act. I was hoping you'd help me out on that.  I don't enquire just to annoy you, mate. Wink You should know by now that I'm one of the more vulnerable. My late night escapades are bound to get me into some heat. It's innevitable.

Can you give me some dialogue? I was thinking of: 'See aow bo ngeun?'. 'Aow, aow'. When I say that last line, ('Aow, aow') I'm literally shoving the ca$h into his breast pocket. Can I do that? Or do I need to actually offer to pay for his 'coffee', and make it sound more indirect and pleasant?

I knew it! I knew it! Your kin have influence, right? Political influence too?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #230 - 27th Apr, 2011 at 1:34am

I forgot:

How much for a cup of 'coffee'. Smiley

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #231 - 27th Apr, 2011 at 2:17am

If you don't want to find yourself in a vulnerable position, then please do everything within the law while you are in Laos.

A cup of coffee in Laos is less than $1 US, but that's not enough to get you off the hook. "Here's some money for a cup of coffee" is just a polite saying.

I don't know anyone with a political influence, but they have some power over the police.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #232 - 27th Apr, 2011 at 11:32pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 27th Apr, 2011 at 2:17am:
If you don't want to find yourself in a vulnerable position, then please do everything within the law while you are in Laos.

A cup of coffee in Laos is less than $1 US, but that's not enough to get you off the hook. "Here's some money for a cup of coffee" is just a polite saying.

I don't know anyone with a political influence, but they have some power over the police.

You mean live legally as a law abiding citizen? That would mean no pusao for the great Larb Dip. Um.........................................I DON'T THIK SO! I can do everything else BUT refrain from getting my mortise and tenon on.

You really ARE literal minded. How much in US currency will I have to peel back to get me out handcuffs? And if I play the fool and don't offer any 'coffee money? What happens to me then?

You said that you 'sweet talk' these guy, right? Can I plagiarise one of your lines seaw. Give me an example seaw. I wouldn't want to hand over my hard earned too quickly.

What's then stopping these guys from 'hunting' vulnerable victims? What about in legitimate emergencies? How do they stack up?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #233 - 28th Apr, 2011 at 1:58am

There's no right amount. It depends whether they are happy with the amount you are offering them.

If you don't offer any coffee money, then they'll carry out the normal procedure and arrest you.

What legitimate emergencies?

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #234 - 28th Apr, 2011 at 4:09pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 28th Apr, 2011 at 1:58am:
There's no right amount. It depends whether they are happy with the amount you are offering them.

If you don't offer any coffee money, then they'll carry out the normal procedure and arrest you.

What legitimate emergencies?

How am I supposed to know how much is enough? He won't come out and tell me, will he? How much will it knock me back if I get caught with my pants down while in the company of a sohpeni?

Does that mean a night in a comfortable Lao jail?

"What legitimate emergencies?". Is that a joke? Should I laugh? Or are you REALLY confused? You are really starting to become an Enigma seaw. Grin

ARE there such things in Laos as 'legitimate emergencies?'. What if some guy gets mugged? Is the cop going to demand to get 'paid' before he actually does his job? Grin I have a feeling the cop will be in favour - all day, every day - of the double-whammy, right? Grin

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #235 - 28th Apr, 2011 at 4:17pm

I usually don't give the police any money because I know how to sweet talk them.

If that doesn't work then I will pay them. If that doesn't work
then it won't be problem for me because my connections knows some high ranking people to come to my rescue with any problems that I may be involved in, but I hope it never comes down to that.

You still haven't given me any of your 'sweet' lines yet seaw. Let me try it before handing over my hard earned.

What are you implying here? Why wouldn't they take your money? Why wouldn't that work?
Are you THAT type of girl? To the hotel is it? You don't need to hold out on any secrets with me seawHuh

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #236 - 28th Apr, 2011 at 9:17pm

I already told you that you know if it is enough if they are happy with it. If they're not happy with it, then offer them a bit more.

They don't always accept your money. It depends on the seriousness of your offense. For example, the truck driver who killed my cousin in a road accident is currently serving time in jail because it's a major offense.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #237 - 28th Apr, 2011 at 10:51pm

And your sweet lines?

Help me out seaw. Lips Sealed

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #238 - 29th Apr, 2011 at 2:00am

It depends on the crime committed.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #239 - 29th Apr, 2011 at 8:08am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 29th Apr, 2011 at 2:00am:
It depends on the crime committed.

Give me an example.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 31
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 12781 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 92804 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 295955 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 142619 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 78546 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 54602 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 80490 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 63460 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 50242 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 45110 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum