Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Beer is a way of life in Laos (Read 69658 times)

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Re: Beer is a way of life in Laos
Reply #45 - 17th Aug, 2010 at 1:51am

USA Joe wrote on 16th Aug, 2010 at 5:51pm:
Quote:
And by the way, I hope that picture of you in a Buddhist monk robe is just a rehearsal because beard and earrings are not allowed.

but all the cool monks on tv have beards

USA Joe. I am Christians and believe in Jesus Christ.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Reply #46 - 17th Aug, 2010 at 2:05am

USA Joe wrote on 16th Aug, 2010 at 5:46pm:
llX wrote on 13th Aug, 2010 at 10:18pm:
USA Joe. In US you pay what ever they tell you, no negotiating on prices that mean if they want to over charge you or rips you off you are stuck and have to pay up.
Grin

i rather get charged and ripped off the same as the next person. it's call fair treatment to everyone. everyone gets the same price regardless of age/sex/race/beauty.

and u are wrong:  i can agree to pay or not and leave. never forced to buy.

Most part in the US the price is set fairy at the retail store. I agree you can alway take your business somewhere else. Same as in Laos if the prices is not right you can alway walk and go to different place.

USA Joe say "everyone gets the same price regardless of age/sex/race/beauty." Yes most of the time. But sometime people do get rips off too. There are flaw of course. I live in the US for over 20 year. I know how the system work. For example if you are women who doesn't know much about car repair . When you bring your car to an auto shop. I can guarantee you some shop will over charge you more then men. Who might know more about car. I have friends who own auto shop. Many business also get fine for ripping off customer all the time. I personally have been rips off before.

Couple of week ago I try to get new engine for my truck. The mechanics want $1400 for part and labors. I try to negotiate the prices down to $1200. The shop wouldn't even call back. I ask around at different shop some want $1100, some want $1900.

View Profile  
IP Logged

USA Joe
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #47 - 17th Aug, 2010 at 6:07am

llX wrote on 17th Aug, 2010 at 1:51am:
Quote:
And by the way, I hope that picture of you in a Buddhist monk robe is just a rehearsal because beard and earrings are not allowed.

do u remember me asking you if i care to know? or if that relates to these topic??

View Profile  
IP Logged

USA Joe

I Love Laos!

Reply #48 - 17th Aug, 2010 at 6:14am

Quote:
USA Joe say "everyone gets the same price regardless of age/sex/race/beauty." Yes most of the time. But sometime people do get rips off too. There are flaw of course. I live in the US for over 20 year. I know how the system work. For example if you are women who doesn't know much about car repair . When you bring your car to an auto shop. I can guarantee you some shop will over charge you more then men. Who might know more about car. I have friends who own auto shop. Many business also get fine for ripping off customer all the time. I personally have been rips off before.

Couple of week ago I try to get new engine for my truck. The mechanics want $1400 for part and labors. I try to negotiate the prices down to $1200. The shop wouldn't even call back. I ask around at different shop some want $1100, some want $1900.

you are comparing oranges to apple.

in usa mechanics are not allow to charge differentprices to different people.

for example john and mary buys the same tire from mechanic for same price. however, if mary doest know her tire just has low air and does not need a new tire, that is mary's own fault, not the mechanic. nor is the mechanic doing unlawful by selling a new tire (which sells at same price for everyone)

now on your example, i bet the parts have same price which, is the law, but the labor can be different prices. i like how you dont include those information in your post, so that people think you are making a good point, when in fact, you just do so that it makes you look smart. fail try

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #49 - 17th Aug, 2010 at 2:51pm

USA Joe wrote on 17th Aug, 2010 at 6:07am:
Quote:

do u remember me asking you if i care to know? or if that relates to these topic??

The topic is about people getting rip off. Yes people also get rip off all the time in US too not just in Asia.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #50 - 17th Aug, 2010 at 2:56pm

Common sense bro. Off topic again do you like apple or orange civilized USA Joe.

USA Joe wrote on 17th Aug, 2010 at 6:14am:
Quote:

for example john and mary buys the same tire from mechanic for same price. however, if mary doest know her tire just has low air and does not need a new tire, that is mary's own fault, not the mechanic. nor is the mechanic doing unlawful by selling a new tire (which sells at same price for everyone)

now on your example, i bet the parts have same price which, is the law, but the labor can be different prices. i like how you dont include those information in your post, so that people think you are making a good point, when in fact, you just do so that it makes you look smart. fail try

View Profile  
IP Logged

USA Joe

I Love Laos!

Reply #51 - 17th Aug, 2010 at 5:41pm

llX wrote on 17th Aug, 2010 at 2:51pm:
Quote:

The topic is about people getting rip off. Yes people also get rip off all the time in US too not just in Asia.

so u dont get rip off becuz u a christian? really. becuz in usa, religion doesnt have a bias. but keep trying to lie to people lol

View Profile  
IP Logged

USA Joe

I Love Laos!

Reply #52 - 17th Aug, 2010 at 5:44pm

llX wrote on 17th Aug, 2010 at 2:56pm:
Common sense bro. Off topic again do you like apple or orange civilized USA Joe.

Quote:

yeah i know u cant discuss an educated topic so u resort to telling ghost story to scare people.

i like both apples and oranges when its a fair price Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #53 - 17th Aug, 2010 at 8:29pm

Wow USA Joe you must live in a perfect world. Probably a nice rich suburban utopia neighborhood or Atlantis.

USA Joe wrote on 17th Aug, 2010 at 5:44pm:

Quote:

yeah i know u cant discuss an educated topic so u resort to telling ghost story to scare people.

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #54 - 17th Aug, 2010 at 8:40pm

Anybody can get rip off doesn't matter where you're  at. Business is about making money. They can careless if they over charge you 200-300% more. If they can. but like you sad you can alway take your business somewhere else.

USA Joe wrote on 17th Aug, 2010 at 5:41pm:
llX wrote on 17th Aug, 2010 at 2:51pm:
Quote:

so u dont get rip off becuz u a christian? really. becuz in usa, religion doesnt have a bias. but keep trying to lie to people lol

View Profile  
IP Logged

USA Joe

I Love Laos!

Reply #55 - 18th Aug, 2010 at 6:18pm

llX wrote on 17th Aug, 2010 at 8:29pm:
Wow USA Joe you must live in a perfect world. Probably a nice rich suburban utopia neighborhood or Atlantis.

haha keep assuming things about me. its funny that u do that to avoid fact that you are wrong. u telling ghost story.

its fact in usa, there are laws to limit mechant ripping people off. some will still do it but u can always sue them in court with proof. very fair.

fact is in lao. there is no law. a person will get rip off and there is nothing u can do. not fair.

it is what it is. that is how lao is.

u can lie and try to say usa does same thing. but. no. you are wrong.

so just stop lying brah kkthx

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #56 - 18th Aug, 2010 at 11:17pm

USA Joe wrote on 18th Aug, 2010 at 6:18pm:

its fact in usa, there are laws to limit mechant ripping people off. some will still do it but u can always sue them in court with proof. very fair.

fact is in lao. there is no law. a person will get rip off and there is nothing u can do. not fair.

You just prove my point. You can get rip off anywhere it doesn't matter where you at. We finally agree on something. USA is great, but it not Utopia. Tell the world the truth not propaganda.
Cool

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #57 - 18th Aug, 2010 at 11:20pm

USA Joe wrote on 17th Aug, 2010 at 5:44pm:

Quote:

Your discussion is very educational. I absolutely learn nothing from debating with you just like arguing with a ten year old kids.
Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #58 - 19th Aug, 2010 at 2:22am

Quote:

Here is my point. A typical westerner. Think they are superior then other, cocky, make fun and put down other culture and religion. Not all westerner, but few.
Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

USA Joe

I Love Laos!

Reply #59 - 19th Aug, 2010 at 4:31am

llX wrote on 18th Aug, 2010 at 11:17pm:
USA Joe wrote on 18th Aug, 2010 at 6:18pm:

You just prove my point. You can get rip off anywhere it doesn't matter where you at. We finally agree on something. USA is great, but it not Utopia. Tell the world the truth not propaganda.
Cool

why would i agree with u when u are always wrong lol and making up storys to scare people. or rip people off.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 14168 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 93466 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 296649 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 143071 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 78974 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 54962 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 80812 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 63743 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 50453 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 45332 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum