Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Good business to be in,if you can get it! (Read 11059 times)

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Good business to be in,if you can get it!
30th Dec, 2010 at 1:41pm

Lat month when I was in Vientiane for the 450 years celebration. I came across the business that will be good to be in...That is Motorbike Parking business. you can see them around tourist area...Like victory monument,Thaluang and many more...each time you visited this area...they will have selected area for the local to park their Motorbike. each time you park there..you have to pay 2000kip. I'm sure more than 500 bike park there per day and weekend probably more....Thad Luang Probably put more people....That is good business..they is no big capital to setup this kind of business just long robe,table,chair,pen and paper.  

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Re: Good business to be in,if you can get it!
Reply #1 - 30th Dec, 2010 at 9:20pm

Thank for sharing. If have money to invest I want to open up dollars store in Laos. Where everything cost $1. All product will be from China and Laos.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #2 - 30th Dec, 2010 at 11:58pm

Tee, You probably need to pay for the land space, which might cost alot of money.

You also have to pay for parking when dining at many restaurants and clubs.

Lao Democratic, Some products may be too expensive for $1.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #3 - 31st Dec, 2010 at 4:20am

There are many Dollars Store franchise in the U.S. You can pretty much find anything you need, household supply, shampoo, food, toy, offices supply everything no more then $1=8,200 Kip. I think people can afford it. It's also very popular in America.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #4 - 31st Dec, 2010 at 5:15am

Please don't compare US market to Laos..only about less than 10% of the population can afford to spend more $1 a day. 307M compare to 6.2M that is a big different. In American you can order the whole ship full of goods but in Laos for just one container is too many... and you can see, The price will be different to American.... Do you marketing research before doing any budiness...

This one answer to Admin: About the parking business..I had been doing some inquiries,while I was there...in Monument they pay to the office of Vientiane city revenue for 1 million Kip per month.. 

Revenue 30m per months minus 10% 0f some uncontrollable bad weather and other unexplainable day equate 27M kip
     Revenue                        27,000,000kip per month
     Staffs Wage(2 people)      3,000,000kip per month
     Pre print ticket                 1,000,000kip per month
     Other expend                   2,000,000kip per month
------------------------------------------------------------------
    Income Before Tax          21,000,000 per month($2,333)

$2,333 is very small income compare to the west,It's a small amount. but in Laos ..you can live just like the king.... if you can get Thad Luang and other place too. I am sure you could just set...and enjoin the passive income ...
you can also ...invest some of you income to the soon to be ready to trade..on the Lao Stock Market... Have a nice day.....

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #5 - 31st Dec, 2010 at 6:36am

21 million kip = $2,600 US during this time.

Maybe people in western countries will be happy with that amount of salary. But you're right, an income in that range would qualify you as a high income earner in Laos, and you can live like a King.

A parking business may be difficult, when the major areas have already been taken.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #6 - 31st Dec, 2010 at 6:21pm

Making $2600 a month is very good money in Laos because cost of living is cheaper. As Laos economy grow so will GDP and monthly income. It'll take time. I was thinking about long term investment. With money and enough fund to invest anything is possible. "Laos land of opportunity."
Smiley

Tee wrote on 31st Dec, 2010 at 5:15am:
Please don't compare US market to Laos..only about less than 10% of the population can afford to spend more $1 a day. 307M compare to 6.2M that is a big different. In American you can order the whole ship full of goods but in Laos for just one container is too many... and you can see, The price will be different to American.... Do you marketing research before doing any budiness...

This one answer to Admin: About the parking business..I had been doing some inquiries,while I was there...in Monument they pay to the office of Vientiane city revenue for 1 million Kip per month..  

Revenue 30m per months minus 10% 0f some uncontrollable bad weather and other unexplainable day equate 27M kip
    Revenue                        27,000,000kip per month
    Staffs Wage(2 people)      3,000,000kip per month
    Pre print ticket                 1,000,000kip per month
    Other expend                   2,000,000kip per month
------------------------------------------------------------------
   Income Before Tax          21,000,000 per month($2,333)

$2,333 is very small income compare to the west,It's a small amount. but in Laos ..you can live just like the king.... if you can get Thad Luang and other place too. I am sure you could just set...and enjoin the passive income ...
you can also ...invest some of you income to the soon to be ready to trade..on the Lao Stock Market... Have a nice day.....

View Profile  
IP Logged

longhang
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Reply #7 - 2nd Jan, 2011 at 7:47pm

imagine buying yaba pills aka crack pills lolz for a dollar than smuggling into the u.s through the mexican border to sell for 10 dollars. that my friends is pure profit!

or imagine how many pills you can buy for a $1,000 then resell it in laos for pure profits, chea!

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #8 - 2nd Jan, 2011 at 8:47pm

In Laos prostitution is illegal and drug dealer get death penalty.
Cool

View Profile  
IP Logged

Tee

My Home,My love and my
only place to be R.I.P

Sydney, Australia
Reply #9 - 2nd Jan, 2011 at 11:50pm

longhang wrote on 2nd Jan, 2011 at 7:47pm:
imagine buying yaba pills aka crack pills lolz for a dollar than smuggling into the u.s through the mexican border to sell for 10 dollars. that my friends is pure profit!

or imagine how many pills you can buy for a $1,000 then resell it in laos for pure profits, chea!

It's very profitable business..But....I don't think you will be able to enjoy it! more likely you will get cough... or get kill it's the life you want to be?????? I am so sad that you have got all the opportunities t better than the people in Laos...and you choose to do this kind of business.....

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #10 - 3rd Jan, 2011 at 7:51pm

Longhang is Hmong-Lao American. He's just joking around. But some Hmong American do get busted for drug, opium smuggling. Sometime is on the news.
Grin
« Last Edit: 4th Jan, 2011 at 5:54pm by llX »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

longhang
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Reply #11 - 4th Jan, 2011 at 7:56am

yes actually i was just joking around but i mean if you were able to smuggle those pills through the mexican border it would be a very good way to make money of course its very hard and once busted i would probably rot in prison and be raped. anyway i think we can start importing other stuff for cheap and charge for a lot in america.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 5466 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 89023 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 292806 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 140057 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 76293 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 52741 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 78756 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 61964 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 49042 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 44076 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum