Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Motorbike accident kills my cousin in Laos (Read 30112 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: Motorbike accident kills my cousin in Laos
Reply #15 - 14th Apr, 2011 at 1:59am

You'll have to talk to the Lao elders about the procedures that take place when someone passes away.

I was born in 1989.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #16 - 14th Apr, 2011 at 2:43am

You are very young Admins.
Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #17 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 12:25am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 14th Apr, 2011 at 1:59am:
I was born in 1989.

Finally. So you're 21/22. You haven't done bad for yourself, taking into account your age. Now you might as well tell me how much you weigh.

How often do you get to use your English in Laos? Orally.
I'm assuming very seldom.

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #18 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 2:53am

Yes, turning 22 this year.

I don't weigh myself because I'm not obsessed with my weight, but I'm in great shape, lets put it that way.

Yes, I use more Lao than English, orally.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #19 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 4:46am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 15th Apr, 2011 at 2:53am:
Yes, turning 22 this year.

I don't weigh myself because I'm not obsessed with my weight, but I'm in great shape, lets put it that way.

Yes, I use more Lao than English, orally.

Big party? Even BIGGER presents too?

Yes, you've already uploaded a picture covering your breast, right? Lets clear the air right here: Was that your smooth torso or not?

So when DO you get to put into practice your English?
I'm assuming you have an American accent right? That twangy sound the way they draaaaag their vowels, right? I met a few Lao students who are studying in NZ and that's how they sound! Grin

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #20 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 6:03am

I don't celebrate birthdays, and I don't expect any gifts either. It's not part of Lao culture for me and my connections.

No, I'm not tanned like her. I was born with light skin, and I've always remained that way.

I put my English into practice whenever I can, and I probably have an American accent.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #21 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 1:01pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 15th Apr, 2011 at 6:03am:
I don't celebrate birthdays, and I don't expect any gifts either. It's not part of Lao culture for me and my connections.

No, I'm not tanned like her. I was born with light skin, and I've always remained that way.

I put my English into practice whenever I can, and I probably have an American accent.

So you're the conservative stereotypical sao Lao. I like you more and more each time you divulge yourself. Smiley
When was the last time you recieved a present?

Don't you think it's rude passing off someone elses partially exposed anatomy like that? How you got your hands on something that personal is BEYOND me. Wink

I still don't think you would be as well pronounced as you type. Especially if you don't put the language to use regularly. It's the same with my Lao. If I don't use it in a while, then the opening lines sound a bit rusty. 10 - 15 minutes to warm the engine up is all it takes to slip back into a familiar lilt. From then on the sentences start to flow with fluidly. Practice makes perfect. Smiley

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

longhang
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Reply #22 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 3:45pm

rest in peace.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #23 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 6:35pm

I receive presents every day. Conversing with interesting and thoughtful questions, and sometimes ridiculous questions on Lao Pride Forum is considered a "present", because it keeps me busy.

Usually your oral communication skills reflects on your written skills. But it doesn't matter, if someone's spoken English can be understood in a non-English speaking country like Laos then they're doing well.

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #24 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 9:41pm

Longhang, If you die young, and unexpectedly from a road accident, I don't think there's any resting in peace at this early stage.

In Lao beliefs, we believe that his spirit will be angry similar to the Ghost movie starring Patrick Swayze.

He was a very loving kid, and I gave him some money the last time I saw him alive because I wanted him to get something for himself. I hope he eventually finds peace in death, and say hello to Judy Garland for me.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #25 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 10:52pm

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 15th Apr, 2011 at 6:35pm:
I receive presents every day. Conversing with interesting and thoughtful questions, and sometimes ridiculous questions on Lao Pride Forum is considered a "present", because it keeps me busy.

Usually your oral communication skills reflects on your written skills. But it doesn't matter, if someone's spoken English can be understood in a non-English speaking country like Laos then they're doing well.

I know it keeps you busy nang. I think this more than a job for you, right? You woke up really early today, didn't you?
I know........the clockcard says so.

What are you saying: you never, ever, received a present before?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #26 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 11:30pm

I didn't wake up early at the time. I didn't go to sleep earlier than usual because I had a little celebration last night for the Lao New Year festive season.

If you are referring to "materialistic" presents, then yes I have, we've all received presents during our childhood.

IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #27 - 16th Apr, 2011 at 12:09am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 15th Apr, 2011 at 11:30pm:
I didn't wake up early at the time. I didn't go to sleep earlier than usual because I had a little celebration last night for the Lao New Year festive season.

If you are referring to "materialistic" presents, then yes I have, we've all received presents during our childhood.

That's quite a late night. In Laos, anyway.

What did YOU have in mind then? COMPLIMENTS? Grin Grin Grin

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 16067 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 94466 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 297495 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 143729 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 79550 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 55434 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 81243 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 64135 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 50771 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 45610 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum