Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I'm in love with a Lao Girl... Help me please... (Read 32057 times)

Philly Boy
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

I'm in love with a Lao Girl... Help me please...
14th Apr, 2011 at 8:09am

I want to bring my Lao Girlfriend to the United States for a visit. NOT to live. I want her to meet my family before we take the next step.

Does anyone have any hints or help they can give me on getting a Us Visa for her?

I heard that sometimes it's easy...and other times nearly impossible.

Please Help...

Oh and HELLO!  Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: I'm in love with a Lao Girl... Help me please...
Reply #1 - 14th Apr, 2011 at 10:14am

That's a good idea for her to go over to meet your family first. What town is your girlfriend from?

We have some members from the U.S. so hopefully someone knows about the visa procedure.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Philly Boy
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #2 - 14th Apr, 2011 at 10:19am

Hello! Thank you for responding. She is from just outside of Pakse. I just spent a week there with her, meeting her family and friends.

What a lovely country! I will be going back very soon!

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #3 - 14th Apr, 2011 at 10:31am

That's nice. Ladies down in southern Laos are very faithful.

Laos is a lovely country to visit or live. We have a lot to offer, and it's an affordable holiday destination.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

drfeelgood
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #4 - 14th Apr, 2011 at 11:19am

I wish you the best of luck in your efforts...but...be prepared for a long drawn out process of paper work, waiting and then the interview which is a borderline interogation putting both you and your gal on the defensive trying to prove that the whole thing is not a scam....Alot of times it can be easy as it seems to be the luck of the draw...but most times ..in my experience as with other people I know...it can be a very frustrating procedure...I'm sure your intentions are good..but the US embassy appears to have this "guilty until proven innocent" attitude towards people trying to do what you're doing...Be prepared for a battle.....My suggestion is try to get as much proof as possible that she has more than enough reasons to return to Laos ..as oposed to being a possible flight risk...i.e...has a bank account with sufficient funds in Laos, has property in her name..anything...the only other option that may favor you alittle more is to apply for a K-1 fiance' visa...you'll have to read the criteria re' that...Good Luck

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #5 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 12:32am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 14th Apr, 2011 at 10:31am:

Okay. I'll take it from that sentence you just typed, that the pusao from elsewhere are all sluts. Cry

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

drfeelgood
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #6 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 12:53am

Larb Dip wrote on 15th Apr, 2011 at 12:32am:
Admin Saovaluck wrote on 14th Apr, 2011 at 10:31am:

Okay. I'll take it from that sentence you just typed, that the pusao from elsewhere are all sluts. Cry

No no no...not at all and I personally do not believe that....I'm just giving this guy an idea of what to expect to be faced with when going through this particular process....and don't tell me he won't....The embassy will put them through the hoops and this is no siurprise.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Reply #7 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 1:00am

I hear you mate. I got a friend who has already married a Lao girls. 3 years have passed. She still hasn't come over yet. I think the government wants to know how he can afford to live the way he does before they give the green light. He works under the table and pays no taxes.

Last I heard, he's trying to get one of his family members to sponsor her. Smiley

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Philly Boy
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #8 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 1:27am

Yeah... this was something I was afraid of. The hoops and the paperwork. I am prepared for this to be a very long process though. I really love her alot...and her me. I lucked out with this woman.

I was thinking of starting a small business like a store or something for her and her family to work. That way the gov can see that her ties to Laos are strong.

View Profile  
IP Logged

drfeelgood
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #9 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 3:39am

All I can tell you...and this is from my own experiences as well as friends of mine...If you are not married to her and she is just your girlfriend...you are really going to be in a position of having to show lots of evidence of the validity of a long standing relationship with you as well as showing that she has long standing equity in Laos that she is tied to....not just something that was given to her overnight either....I mentioned before that you can always try the fiance' visa route...as it has shown to have a better result record than just a regular tourist visa...the other option is to just marry her (if you guys are in love as much as you claim to be) in Laos....I'm assuming that the US gov't recognizes Americans marrying Lao girls in Laos....but you better double check that to be sure...I know they do in Thailand...anyway, assuming they do recognize the marriage, then, unless she has something extroidinarilly wrong with her background, they cannot refuse her as she is legally your wife...!!

View Profile  
IP Logged

drfeelgood
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #10 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 3:44am

...and if you do marry her and go that route...then you just apply for a regular tourist visa...It's a very easy process that you do online..bring a few simple support documents to the interview that validate your marriage etc...the forms on the computer take a day or two to do and process, then its just a matter of setting the appointment date for the interview...you could prbably do it all in 3 months if everything is in order.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Philly Boy
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #11 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 9:04am

Dr. Motley Crue... um I mean drfeelgood...

Thanks!

We are planning on marrying. I've heard that it's much easier to get her to the states if that's the case. I love Laos and the people there but I really would like my child to be born in America.

I go back to the states in a couple weeks and when I return to SE Asia I will be flying to Vientiane so I can go to the embassy and get the process started.

We aren't planning on living in the US...probably Laos or Thailand. I was just hoping I could get her to the states sooner...

Thanks for your replies and comments!

View Profile  
IP Logged

LaoguySoCal
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #12 - 15th Apr, 2011 at 8:21pm

Here is your answers Philly Boy....the Eagles the Sixers and Phillies
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis
Fiance Visa will get her here.  Good luck

View Profile  
IP Logged

Philly Boy
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #13 - 16th Apr, 2011 at 1:42am

Good Stuff Laoguy! Thanks!

I was born in Philly....but have spent more than half my life in SoCal...

Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

longhang
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Reply #14 - 16th Apr, 2011 at 3:12am

its rather easy to get her here, someway somehow smuggle her to mexico, then from there cross the border. then in 4 to 9 years she is eligible to be citizen of u.s. EASY AS 1,2,4 HAHAHAHA.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 78260 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 248700 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 133029 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 69741 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 47380 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 73864 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 57503 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 45342 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 40928 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33924 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum