Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Are Lao rappers plagiarising? (Read 38348 times)

Larb Dip
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Awards: 1
Outstanding Contribution Award
Are Lao rappers plagiarising?
31st May, 2011 at 9:22am

Seaw, can you decipher this for me? You don't need to give me a word for word translation. A concise sentence will do. Smiley

Does it divulge the Artist and track they alledgedly mimicked?

Pull-T club band withdraws from Lao Music Awards 2010

The Ministry of Information and Culture decided to withdraw the Best Hip Hop music awards from the band "Pull-T Club" due to their song is a copycat from other country. For more information, read the news below:

ຂ່າວ: ບຸນ​ທຽມ

ກົມ ​ສິ­ລະ​ປະ​ການ­ສະ­ແດງ​ກະ­ຊວງ​ຖະແຫລງ​ຂ່າວ ແລະ ວັດ­ທະ­ນະ­ທຳ​ໃນ​ນາມ​ປະ­ທານຜູ້​ຊີ້​ນຳ​ການ­ຈັດ­ຕັ້ງ​ງານ​ປະ­ກາດ​ລາ­ງວັນ​ລາວ ​ມິວ​ສິກ​ອະ​ວອດ 2 ປະ­ຈຳ​ປີ 2011 ສັ່ງ​ຖອນ 2 ລາງວັນ​ຈາກ​ວົງ ພູ​ລ​ທີ​ຄລັບ ທີ່​ໄດ້​ຮັບ​ລາ­ງວັນ​ເພງ​ຮິບຮ໋ອບ​ຍອດ​ນິ­ຍົມ ແລະ ລາ­ງວັນ​ນັກ​ຮ້ອງ­ເພງ​ຮິບຮ໋ອບ​ຍອດ​ນິ­ຍົມ​ໃນ​ງານ​ປະ­ກາດ​ລາ­ງວັນ​ລາວມິວ​ສິກ ​ອະ​ວອດ 2 ທີ່​ຈັດ​ຂຶ້ນ​ເມື່ອ​ວັນ​ທີ 9 ເມ­ສາ 2011 ທີ່​ຜ່ານ​ມາ ຫລັງ​ທາງ​ຄະ­ນະ​ກຳ­ມະ­ການຕັດ­ສິນ​ກວດ​ພົບ​ເປັນ​ເພງ​ທີ່​ຮຽນ​ແບບ​ຕ່າງ​ປະເທດ ແລະ ຜິດ​ຕໍ່​ກົດ​ລະ­ບຽບການ​ຕັດ­ສິນ.

ແລງ​ວັນ​ອາ­ທິດ​ທີ 27 ພຶດ​ສະ ພາ 2011 ທີ່​ໂຮງ­ແຮມ​ວັນ​ຊະນະ ຣີ​ເວີ​ຊາຍ ນະ­ຄອນ­ຫລວງວຽງ​ຈັນ ທ່ານ ໄຊ​ສະ­ຫວາດ ສິງນາມ​ວົງ ຫົວ­ຫນ້າ​ກົມ​ສິ­ລະ​ປະການ­ສະ­ແດງ​ກະ­ຊວງ​ຖະ­ ແຫລງຂ່າວ ແລະ ວັດ­ທະ­ນະ­ທຳ​ໄດ້​ຊີ້ ແຈ້ງ​ຕໍ່​ເຫດ­ການ​ດັ່ງ­ກ່າວ​ວ່າ: ການ​ປະ­ກາດ​ຖອນ​ຍ້ອນ​ນັກ​ສິ­ລະປິນ​ໄດ້​ສົ່ງ​ຜົນ­ງານ​ເພງ​ທີ່​ມີ​ການຮຽນ​ແບບ​ ເພງ​ຕ່າງ­ປະ­ເທດຮຽນ​ແບບ​ເພງ​ຜູ້​ອື່ນ​ສົ່ງ​ເຂົ້າ​ມາ ຊີງ​ລາ­ງວັນ ແຕ່​ບັງ­ເອີນ​ຜົນ­ງານເພງ​ດັ່ງ­ກ່າວ​ກໍ່​ຖືກ​ໂຫວດ​ໃຫ້​ໄດ້ຮັບ​ລາ­ງວັນ​ເປັນ​ ທີ່​ຮຽບ​ຮ້ອຍ ຫລັງ​ຈາກ​ນັ້ນ ທາງ​ກົມ​ສິ­ລະ​ປະການ­ສະ­ແດງກະ­ຊວງ​ຖະ­ແຫລງຂ່າວ ແລະ ວັດ­ທະ­ນະ­ທຳ ຄະ­ນະກຳ­ມະ­ການ​ຕັດ­ສິນ​ງານ​ປະ­ກາດ ລາ­ງວັນ​ລາວ​ມິວ​ສິກ​ອະ​ວອດ 2 ປະ­ຈຳ​ປີ ກວດ​ພົບ​ວ່າ ເພງ​ຫອມ ຂອງ​ວົງ ພູ​ລ​ທີ​ຄລັບ ເປັນ​ເພງ​ທີ່ຮຽນ​ແບບ​ເພງ​ຈາກ​ຕ່າງ­ປະ­ເທດ ທີ່​ຜິດ​ຕໍ່​ລະ­ບຽບ​ຂອງ​ການ​ສົ່ງ​ຜົນງານ​ເຂົ້າ​ຊີງ​ລາ­ງວັນ ພ້ອມ​ກັນນັ້ນ ຍັງ​ເປັນ​ການ​ຂັດ​ຕໍ່​ຈຸດ­ປະ­ສົງຄາດ­ຫມາຍ​ຂອງ​ງານ​ປະ­ກາດລາ­ງວັນ​ມິວ​ສິກ​ອະ ​ວອດ 2 ທີ່​ຈັດຂຶ້ນ​ມາ ເພື່ອ​ເປັນ​ການ​ສົ່ງ­ເສີມ ແລະ ໃຫ້​ກຳ­ລັງ​ໃຈ​ແກ່​ນັກ​ສິ­ລະປິນ​ທີ່​ໄດ້​ສ້າງ​ຜົນ­ງານ​ດີ­ເດັ່ນອອກ​ສູ່​ ສັງ­ຄົມ ແລະ ເສີມ​ຂະຫຍາຍ​ວົງ​ການ​ບັນ­ເທີງ​ຂອງລາວ​ໃຫ້​ມີ​ຄວາມ​ກ້າວ­ຫນ້າ​ສູ່​ຄຸນນະ​ພາບ​ ມາດ­ຖານ​ສາ­ກົນ​ເທື່ອລະ​ກ້າວ.

ທ່ານ ໄຊ​ສະ­ຫວາດ ສິງ​ນາມວົງ ກ່າວ​ຕື່ມ​ອີ​ກວ່າ: ການ​ຖອນຄືນ​ລາ­ງວັນ​ໃນ​ຄັ້ງ​ນີ້ ແມ່ນ​ປະ­ຕິບັດ​ຕາມ​ການ​ແນະ­ນຳ​ຂອງ​ກົມ​ສິລະ​ປະ​ການ­ສະ­ແດງກະ­ຊວງ​ຖະແຫລງ​ ຂ່າວ ແລະ ວັດ­ທະ­ ນະ­ທຳ ທັງ​ຫມົດ​ນີ້ ​ກໍ່​ເພື່ອ​ເປັນ​ມາດ­ຖານ ແລະ ບົດ­ຮຽນ​ໃຫ້​ແກ່​ນັກ​ສິ­ລະປິນ​ລາວ​ທີ່​ຈະ​ສົ່ງ​ຜົນ­ງານ​ເຂົ້າມາ​ຊີງ​ລາ­ງວັນ ລາວ​ມິວ​ສິກ​ອະວອດ ໃນ​ຄັ້ງ​ຕໍ່​ໄປ.

ສຳ­ລັບ 2 ລາ­ງວັນ​ດັ່ງ­ກ່າວ ແມ່ນ​ໄດ້​ຖືກ​ມອບ​ໃຫ້​ນັກ​ສິ­ລະ​ປິນ ແລະ ຜົນ­ງານ​ໃນ​ສາ­ຂາ​ຕ່າງໆ ທີ່ມີ​ຄະ­ແນນ​ຮອງ​ລົງ​ມາຄື​ລາ­ງວັນ ນັກ​ຮ້ອງ­ເພງ ວົງ​ຮິບ​ຮ໋ອບ​ຍອດ​ນິຍົມ ໄດ້­ແກ່​ວົງແອວ​ໂຊນ ແລະ ລາ­ງວັນ​ເພງ​ຮິບ​ຮ໋ອບ​ຍອດ​ນິ­ຍົມໄດ້­ແກ່​ວົງ Gi-BLOOZ ເປັນ ກຽດ​ມອບ​ຂອງ​ລາ­ງວັນ​ດັ່ງ­ກ່າວ ໂດຍ​ທ່ານ ໄຊ​ສະ­ຫວາດ ສິງ​ນາມວົງ.

http://samakomlao.blogspot.com/2011/05/pull-t-club-band-withdraws-from-lao.html

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Re: Are Lao rappers plagiarising?
Reply #1 - 31st May, 2011 at 2:17pm

Booooo!!! Im a big fan of Pull-T club and just order their CD. Lao government don't know what they're talking about. They just rap about girl that's all nothing bad. Maybe that's why we don't hear much about L.O.G anymore.
Angry Sad

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #2 - 31st May, 2011 at 7:56pm

What HAS happened to LOG? Are they still active?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #3 - 31st May, 2011 at 8:49pm

Have not heard L.O.G lately or any new song. Look like government put them out too. Government don't like rap it's too westernized. Look like these commies dinosaurs still stuck in the 70's.
  Cheesy Grin

Larb Dip wrote on 31st May, 2011 at 7:56pm:
What HAS happened to LOG? Are they still active?

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #4 - 1st Jun, 2011 at 3:37pm

My Lao CD just arrived. I would to dedicated L.O.G, Pull-T Club album to Lao minister of information, and culture who doesn't like rap music, but who might have their heart broken or fall in love with other people girlfriends, and to those who like partying at the club.

IMG_1455.jpg
« Last Edit: 2nd Jun, 2011 at 1:20am by llX »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #5 - 1st Jun, 2011 at 3:41pm

View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #6 - 1st Jun, 2011 at 4:02pm

llX wrote on 1st Jun, 2011 at 3:41pm:

I have nothing against rap (Hardcore fan of SIX MIX-A-LOT), If they rap normally I can tolerate that.  The overuse of a Vocoder aka now known as Autotune is really freaken annoying.  The guy from the oil company that developed this software needs to be shot. Angry  A lot of talent has gone to waste because of it.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #7 - 1st Jun, 2011 at 9:06pm

llX wrote on 1st Jun, 2011 at 3:37pm:
My Lao CD just arrived. I would to dedicated L.O.G, Pull-T Club album to some Lao government who doesn't like rap, but who might have their heart broken or fall in love with other people girlfriends, and to those who like partying at the club.

[img]

Did you order these online from Laos, bro? Some CDs look glossy, just wating to ripped into. Smiley

You MUST be a HUGE fan of Lao music. How long before you learn every song off by heart? Cheesy

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #8 - 1st Jun, 2011 at 9:16pm

I got these CD from Laopromotion.com for $5 each. I just started to listen to Pull-T Club and their album is very very good. I like most of their song. I like L.O.G too, but didn't get a chance to listen to other CD yet. I bump Lao rap in my car and at a house party. Most Lao people are very impress. They really like that they're rapping in Lao.

I grew up in America and listen to American gangster rap. Now I'm going back to Lao root and supported Lao entertainment. Plus Lao music are better then before and really good. If Pull-T Club was in Lao music award they'll win for sure.
  Wink Smiley

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #9 - 1st Jun, 2011 at 9:25pm

They don't used auto tune that much. Their album is very good. I give them credit, they can really rap and in Lao.They rap about girl, love nothing bad at all. Not like American rapper who rap about murder, killing, sex and drug. I rather see Lao-American kids listen to Lao rap then American gangster rap. 
Wink

Larb Dip wrote on 1st Jun, 2011 at 9:06pm:
llX wrote on 1st Jun, 2011 at 3:37pm:
My Lao CD just arrived. I would to dedicated L.O.G, Pull-T Club album to some Lao government who doesn't like rap, but who might have their heart broken or fall in love with other people girlfriends, and to those who like partying at the club.

[img]

Did you order these online from Laos, bro? Some CDs look glossy, just wating to ripped into. Smiley

You MUST be a HUGE fan of Lao music. How long before you learn every song off by heart? Cheesy

View Profile  
IP Logged

mychalmitchell323
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Chicago
Reply #10 - 1st Jun, 2011 at 9:28pm

I hope you guys dont mind me commenting here. I recruited a Lao rapper for the soundtrack of "Princess of Laos".

View Profile princess of laos  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #11 - 1st Jun, 2011 at 9:34pm

Good idea. I like Lao rap, rock. Anything that's good.
Wink

mychalmitchell323 wrote on 1st Jun, 2011 at 9:28pm:
I hope you guys dont mind me commenting here. I recruited a Lao rapper for the soundtrack of "Princess of Laos".

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #12 - 2nd Jun, 2011 at 1:24am

Lao minister of information and culture say Pull-T Club song, rap is a copy cat from other country. Well does they also know that Marxist-Lenin ideology that they're worshiping is also a copycat from foreigner (Russia). "Hypocrite"
Cheesy Grin Angry
« Last Edit: 2nd Jun, 2011 at 4:24am by llX »  
View Profile  
IP Logged

OMD
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

CALIFORNIA DREAMING
Reply #13 - 2nd Jun, 2011 at 4:56am

llX wrote on 2nd Jun, 2011 at 1:24am:
Lao minister of information and culture say Pull-T Club song, rap is a copy cat from other country. Well does they also know that Marxist-Lenin ideology that they're worshiping is also a copycat from foreigner (Russia). "Hypocrite"
Cheesy Grin Angry

Music is different.  If you want be respected by the world or people in general you have got to have originality.  There is nothing wrong with copying melodies, etc...as long as they have permission from the original artist or record label and also give credit where credit is due.  Remember the controversy between Coldplay and Joe Satriani?  Coldplay's take on melody was spot on identical to Satriani, however the lawsuit was dismissed by the court in favor of Coldplay.

I also agree with you in regards to positive messages sent out to audiences by Lao rappers from Laos.  The Lao rappers here in the states are totally opposite, for example "Gumby", I don't know if you have heard of him.  He's a wannabe disgrace.  Everything in his song is sexual and beyond.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Larb Dip
God Member

Lao Pride, and No. 1 Lao
Pride Admin' fan from
NZ!

Hadxaifong, Vientiane
Reply #14 - 2nd Jun, 2011 at 5:39am

llX wrote on 1st Jun, 2011 at 9:25pm:
They don't used auto tune that much. Their album is very good. I give them credit, they can really rap and in Lao.They rap about girl, love nothing bad at all. Not like American rapper who rap about murder, killing, sex and drug. I rather see Lao-American kids listen to Lao rap then American gangster rap.  
Wink

All in all, I think Laos' Ministry of Information and Culture made a good call to pull those rappers from the contest. The right decision! There's nothing wrong with sampling certain components of a song, or even covering the entire track in all its likeness (WITH the consent of the original artists, of course). But to be rewarded for someone ELSES brainchild is a travesty! I've never heard of such madness. Smiley

How long did it take for your music to arrive?

By the way, what is auto tune?

ຂອບໃຈຫຼາຍໆເດີ
View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 10604 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 91702 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 294999 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 141849 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 77890 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 54064 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 79973 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 63028 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 49908 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 44811 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum