Baby problems (Read 10818 times)

WorriedinPakse
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Ubon,Thailand
Baby problems
12th Jun, 2011 at 2:59am

A man I know met a Laos girl in Pattaya. Fell in love, got her pregnant. She returned to Laos to her village near Savannakhet and in January had a baby girl. My friend went to visit her, and stayed a week. Whilst there he was visited by the police and had to pay a $1000 bribe to avoid being arrested.
Anyhow, any information, websites etc on how to get his baby a passport. He wants to take the girl and his daughter to England and live there. Presently he is back in England working to save money for his next trip to Laos.

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

DIN FAR
Re: Baby problems
Reply #1 - 12th Jun, 2011 at 3:37am

Hope for the best for your friend, his girl and baby.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #2 - 12th Jun, 2011 at 3:38am

"Lao girl in Pattaya, Thailand, returning to Savannakhet, Laos. Slept with a foreigner and had a baby."

This sounds to me like she is a prostitute.

He deserves to pay the police, he is lucky that he didn't pay more than that.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

"Absolute power corrupt."

Awards: 2
Top Poster AwardLaotian Award
Reply #3 - 13th Jun, 2011 at 3:22pm

Your friends should go to Laos and marry her. If he want to bring her to England.
Wink

View Profile  
IP Logged

JSEA
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Bangkok
Reply #4 - 15th Jun, 2011 at 2:43pm

Haven't most of the people here said not to bring a girl back to the west cuz it always ends up in divorce?

I'm not sure what exactly it is, but it seems like when farang go to Thailand/Laos they have girls throwing themselves at them, and when Lao/Thai girls go to the west they have men throwing themselves at them. Either way that seems like the biggest reason these relationships don't work out in the long run.

I guess I've just heard too many horror stories Sad

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #5 - 15th Jun, 2011 at 5:39pm

You are not hearing too many horror stories.  A co-worker (farang) of mine went to Bangkok, married a Thai lady, brought her to the US and she left him for another farang.

Reasons would be more options/opportunities/grass is greener somewhere else  etc......

View Profile  
IP Logged

WorriedinPakse
Newbie to Lao Pride
Meaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Ubon,Thailand
Reply #6 - 16th Jun, 2011 at 2:52am

Surely the baby will have a birth certificate.Will the father be named,if girl is unmarried?If so ,will be easy to get the baby a British passport.
Also, the girl will be able to get a Laos passport for the child,then take it to Thailand.
How about getting married in Laos with an unmarried mother?
Does anybody have any idea what he can do?

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #7 - 16th Jun, 2011 at 3:41pm

Not all the lady are like that. Some will love you and stay with you, some will leave when they get their green card.
Wink Smiley

JSEA wrote on 15th Jun, 2011 at 2:43pm:
Haven't most of the people here said not to bring a girl back to the west cuz it always ends up in divorce?

I'm not sure what exactly it is, but it seems like when farang go to Thailand/Laos they have girls throwing themselves at them, and when Lao/Thai girls go to the west they have men throwing themselves at them. Either way that seems like the biggest reason these relationships don't work out in the long run.

I guess I've just heard too many horror stories Sad

View Profile  
IP Logged

llX
God Member

Reply #8 - 16th Jun, 2011 at 3:42pm

Go to Laos and marry her and do all the paper work.
Wink

WorriedinPakse wrote on 16th Jun, 2011 at 2:52am:
Surely the baby will have a birth certificate.Will the father be named,if girl is unmarried?If so ,will be easy to get the baby a British passport.
Also, the girl will be able to get a Laos passport for the child,then take it to Thailand.
How about getting married in Laos with an unmarried mother?
Does anybody have any idea what he can do?

View Profile  
IP Logged

LaoguySoCal
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I Love Laos!

Reply #9 - 24th Jun, 2011 at 1:48am

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 12th Jun, 2011 at 3:38am:
"Lao girl in Pattaya, Thailand, returning to Savannakhet, Laos. Slept with a foreigner and had a baby."

This sounds to me like she is a prostitute.

He deserves to pay the police, he is lucky that he didn't pay more than that.

admin, please don't assume anything.  She may not be a prostitute.  I think most prostitutes probably have a safe sex or other words protect themselves from getting pregnant.  Would you protect yourself if you were a prostitute.  Just my 2 cents.

View Profile  
IP Logged

PEACE
God Member

DIN FAR
Reply #10 - 24th Jun, 2011 at 2:47am

The most important thing is two people created a life Wink.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in April, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 1 3597 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:22pm
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 5 88048 Last Post 26th Apr, 2024 at 6:03pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 37 291976 Last Post 20th Apr, 2024 at 5:11pm
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 139457 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 75756 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 52261 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 78329 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 61588 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 48736 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 43804 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum