Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Teen Judy Garland on the set of The Wizard of Oz (Read 47756 times)

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Teen Judy Garland on the set of The Wizard of Oz
12th Oct, 2011 at 5:05pm

A happy and bored looking Judy Garland with her dog Toto on the set of The Wizard of Oz.

Since the end of Miss Garland's journey down the Yellow Brick Road, she became forever remembered as Dorothy, the Hollywood screen beauty from a teen star to a legend.

Judy Garland as Dorothy with Toto on The Wizard of Oz set

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Re: Teen Judy Garland on the set of The Wizard of Oz
Reply #1 - 17th Nov, 2012 at 12:36pm

Judy Garland as Dorothy behind the scenes in The Wizard of Oz

Judy Garland as Dorothy lays down the law to Toto during a break in filming on the set of The Wizard of Oz way back in 1938.

Toto, who was actually a female but played a male dog, lived with Judy Garland for a couple of weeks prior to the beginning of filming to get accustomed to his mistress in the movie. He became attached to Judy in the making of The Wizard of Oz, and she wanted to adopt him as a pet but the owner wouldn't give him up.

Judy Garland as Dorothy getting her make-up done on the set of The Wizard of Oz. After testing, MGM decided to keep her make-up to a minimum so that their 16-year-old superstar appears child-like, and also because she already had a natural beauty which meant that a bit of touching up was all that was needed.

Another zoom out shot of the stunning Judy Garland as Dorothy getting some attention to her eyebrows on the set of The Wizard of Oz.

Judy Garland as Dorothy wiping away the Cowardly Lion's tears on the set of The Wizard of Oz. Judy Garland couldn't stop giggling while filming this particular scene in which Dorothy slaps the Cowardly Lion. There's a thread about this at: Judy Garland couldn't stop giggling in Oz.

Related articles you might be interested in reading:

star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #2 - 23rd Dec, 2013 at 6:35am

Beauty and the Dog

Judy Garland as Dorothy and Toto on the set of The Wizard of Oz

Please click on image to view a larger version

More rare photos of Judy Garland as Dorothy and Toto can be seen at:
Timeless and enduring, Judy Garland is much loved

IP Logged

LoveGal
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

♥ Judy Garland ♥

Oversea
Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardJudy Garland Gold Star Award
Reply #3 - 27th Dec, 2013 at 1:35pm

The amazing coloured Dorothy

11579850956_8054936fd6.jpg
larger version

What say you!! Does it amazing enough?

♥ Judy Garland ♥ This is Judy Garland I gonna sing "Gotta Get Out And Vote, 1944"

♥ Judy Garland ♥ Ma! He's Makin' Eyes At Me! 1949
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #4 - 27th Dec, 2013 at 5:49pm

That's a nice photo of Judy Garland.

The studio liked to take photos on different angles for tests.

IP Logged

LoveGal

♥ Judy Garland ♥

Oversea
Reply #5 - 5th Jan, 2014 at 2:45pm

Right,
Rear and
Left views
of Judy
Garland’s finished
hairstyle

11769684035_b001b3c8ca_z.jpg
larger version

♥ Judy Garland ♥ This is Judy Garland I gonna sing "Gotta Get Out And Vote, 1944"

View Profile  
IP Logged

LoveGal

♥ Judy Garland ♥

Oversea
Reply #6 - 5th Jan, 2014 at 2:53pm

Judy Garland
’s hair
tests
for The
Wizard
of Oz

11769936793_23000c4704.jpg
larger version

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #7 - 5th Jan, 2014 at 5:20pm

If Judy Garland isn't a pretty angel then I don't know what is. She has a nicely shaped head and jawline.

Some people have a pretty front view of their face but they don't look as great on the side.

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Reply #8 - 24th Apr, 2014 at 12:51am

She's everywhere!

DorothySighting.jpg (28 KB | 1106 )
DorothySighting.jpg
View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #9 - 24th Apr, 2014 at 5:18am

She is a timeless talent, Judy Garland. She should be everywhere.

I prefer to watch the original film without the digital alteration.

If The Wizard of Oz was filmed a year earlier, perhaps they could have squeezed in a part 2 while she was still young. That would have been something, but then again the film didn't make any profit initially and the Technicolor process wasn't cheap.

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #10 - 26th Apr, 2014 at 12:31am

Not too sure about Dorothy part 2.  Grin.  Never like the idea of part 2 of the any movie title in general.  Call it something else because one particular movie title makes it more unique in it's own way.  If for some apparent reason I need to see Dorothy, I may confuse myself in front of the movie collection place by asking myself 'should I see part 1 or part 2?. Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh.  Yep this will be a waste of my precious time when trying to make this decision. Grin Grin Grin Grin

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #11 - 26th Apr, 2014 at 12:34am

Ok let me take that back.  The only movie sequel in the history of movie sequels that deserves to have parts to a movie title is Rambo (I,II,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VIII,IV,V).

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #12 - 26th Apr, 2014 at 3:38am

You wouldn't need to make any hard decision because collecting both movie parts to see your Dorothy would be worth watching.

I think more than one part to a movie works well for classic films that you never get sick of watching.

If The Wizard of Oz had part I and II, maybe they wouldn't need to cut out some of the scenes. It's easier said than done because producing clear color films in the 1930's was very expensive even for one movie.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 68609 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 245685 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 130977 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 67180 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 45893 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 72457 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 56129 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 44282 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 39997 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33219 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum