Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Judy Garland accidentally tripped during filming (Read 52342 times)

Beef Cake
God Member
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

I love Laos!

Awards: 2
Judy Garland Silver Star AwardLaotian Award
Re: Judy Garland accidentally tripped during filming
Reply #15 - 9th Apr, 2013 at 8:48pm

Aha.  What would be your fair estimate on the number of temples in Vientaine?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator
Meaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the starsMeaning of the stars

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Awards: 5
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

Judy Garland's Ruby Slippers
The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #16 - 10th Apr, 2013 at 6:24am

Well over a hundred temples, there's too many.

View Profile WWW JudyGarlandAsDorothy MissJudyGarland saolili  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #17 - 11th Apr, 2013 at 12:35am

Do locals go to the temples every day for offerings? Certain time of day?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos
Judy Garland Gold Star AwardJudy Garland Silver Star AwardTop Poster AwardOutstanding Contribution AwardLaotian Award

The most beautiful pair of shoes worn by the most beautiful actress in movie history.
Reply #18 - 11th Apr, 2013 at 6:22am

They have members of temples who prepare meals and go there every morning to serve the monks. They can't eat anything past noon.

The beauty of Laos is that you don't really need to go to temples to make your offerings because monks walk through villages every morning and you can put anything in their alm bowls. If you want to donate some food or snacks to Judy Garland, you just call her name. You can write Judy Garland's name on an envelope if you have some money to donate.

IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #19 - 11th Apr, 2013 at 8:55pm

Hey does 'temple members' include women as well? I thought women cannot help out the monks.

View Profile  
IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #20 - 11th Apr, 2013 at 10:07pm

I think Luang prabang most attraction is monks walking. I took a pic of it.

Admin Saovaluck wrote on 11th Apr, 2013 at 6:22am:
They have members of temples who prepare meals and go there every morning to serve the monks. They can't eat anything past noon.

The beauty of Laos is that you don't really need to go to temples to make your offerings because monks walk through villages every morning and you can put anything in their alm bowls. If you want to donate some food or snacks to Judy Garland, you just call her name. You can write Judy Garland's name on an envelope if you have some money to donate.

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #21 - 12th Apr, 2013 at 12:33am

Where's the pic Roll Eyes?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Admin Saovaluck
Miss Administrator

Lao Pride and No. 1 fan
of Judy Garland from
Laos!

Vientiane, Laos

Reply #22 - 12th Apr, 2013 at 3:30am

Beef Cake wrote on 11th Apr, 2013 at 8:55pm:
Hey does 'temple members' include women as well? I thought women cannot help out the monks.

Women help out with meals for the monks more than men.

IP Logged

peterpan
God Member

I love Laos!

Judy Garland Silver Star AwardOutstanding Contribution Award
Reply #23 - 12th Apr, 2013 at 10:44am

Be patient Mr. Ted Ne Nugentor Laugh

Beef Cake wrote on 12th Apr, 2013 at 12:33am:
Where's the pic Roll Eyes?

View Profile  
IP Logged

Beef Cake
God Member

I love Laos!

Reply #24 - 13th Apr, 2013 at 12:32am

Tongue

View Profile  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The newest 10 Board Topics
No. Board Name Topic Started By Replies Views Last Post on Topic
1. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2024 Admin Saovaluck 4 68441 Last Post 1st Feb, 2024 at 3:05am
By: Admin Saovaluck
2. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland as Dorothy's reproduction gingham pinafore dress Admin Saovaluck 35 245629 Last Post 19th Jan, 2024 at 4:36pm
3. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in July, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 6 130935 Last Post 24th Sep, 2023 at 7:16am
4. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in August, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 67145 Last Post 11th Sep, 2023 at 12:35pm
5. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in September, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 1 45864 Last Post 9th Jul, 2023 at 7:51am
6. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in May, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 4 72433 Last Post 30th May, 2023 at 4:36pm
7. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in March, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 56106 Last Post 8th May, 2023 at 4:39pm
8. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in February, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 5 44262 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:39pm
9. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in January, 2023 Admin Saovaluck 7 39971 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:19pm
10. Judy Garland Board Judy Garland's ruby slippers project in December, 2022 Admin Saovaluck 4 33203 Last Post 28th Apr, 2023 at 4:03pm

Back to: Lao Pride | Lao Pride Forum